• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

multiple Reply to messages

shawn110975

Suspended
When i try to reply to messages it doesnt send intill after you click it a few times, I just replyed to a message and eventually it went thru but
I checked my sent items and it sent 30 copies of the same e-mail to the guy I was replying to.

I have had issues for awhile now having to log out and back in to even get to my inbox most of the time 3-4 login/out finally get me to my inbox

I just thought you guys would like to know.

it doesnt bother me but sometime its a task just to check you mail.

thanks in advance

Shawn

It does seem to take quite a while for a PM to be sent, for me too.

When i try to reply to messages it doesnt send intill after you click it a few times, I just replyed to a message and eventually it went thru but
I checked my sent items and it sent 30 copies of the same e-mail to the guy I was replying to.
Sounds like you clicked send 30 times... :eek:

Last edited:
yea shawn you clicked send 30 times:confused:

I assume when you say "messages" you mean the PM system, yes?

IMO the PM system is terrible and I have it disabled on my account because I can't stand using it, regardless of performance.

So I just tested it and yeah, it's annoyingly slow. Since I don't use it, I didn't realize how slow it had become as the database size has expanded. I'll do some checking to see if there is anything I can do to optimize it.

P.S. Shawn.. 30 times? Try switching to decaf!

thanks Lud,some of us still use the pm system alot and it is painfuly slow.

I agree, the private messaging system is pretty archaic but I don't use the email option (since I can't use my gmail account) so I force myself to deal with it. However, the constant cleaning up due to low quota limit is annoying.

On the topic of email as an alternative messaging method, I know I can set up forwarding and/or POP access, but I never log into my Cox email account, and it dies after 90 days of non-logon, so I don't bother. Plus it gets a ton of spam.

Would it be possible for accounts other than the basic "Registered User" to use Gmail or other freebie account? That would be a perk that I think people would probably pay for.

Back