• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My App is finally here! Official launch of AUTOsist

I installed it on Android yesterday, I ran into a few issues setting things up but wasn't near a computer to report. Will send email to the feedback address when I get a chance.

Thanks robr - feel free to post here as well. I am really curious to see what the issue is...

Incompatible with lollipop on nexus 6, looks like you need to update your manifest

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416595785947.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416595785947.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 159
Incompatible with lollipop on nexus 6, looks like you need to update your manifest

Vivan - thanks for the feedback Definitely need to update the manifest. I can install it on my samsung galaxy tab 4...

Thanks!

Last edited:
Yup, it installs now!

One request - any plans to implement google+ authentication? I prefer that to Facebook.

Yup, it installs now!

One request - any plans to implement google+ authentication? I prefer that to Facebook.

Sorry for the late reply - Yes, we definitely plan on this in the future. We would like to have Twitter authentication as well.

Quick question for everyone that are using the app - any feedback thus far? How is everyone liking it? We have quite a few NSX's on their so thats exciting to see!

We are thinking of adding a feature where your mechanic/shop can send you the receipt electronically to the app - how valuable would you guys find that?

Other future plans is to launch a web based version so you can use your computer. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Z

Just started using this to keep records for my vehicles with the NSX as inspiration to keep a detailed log. Thank you for importing the previous owners excel file.

One thing I notice in using it for the first time is not finding a place to add a specific note for the service or receipts. Is there a way to do this? I find I may want to make a comment on the particular service for future use.

I do do see the general notes area and appreciate that for general things about the vehicle chosen. I assume those are kept specific for each vehicle in the "garage"

like what you have done here.

p

Just started using this to keep records for my vehicles with the NSX as inspiration to keep a detailed log. Thank you for importing the previous owners excel file.

One thing I notice in using it for the first time is not finding a place to add a specific note for the service or receipts. Is there a way to do this? I find I may want to make a comment on the particular service for future use.

I do do see the general notes area and appreciate that for general things about the vehicle chosen. I assume those are kept specific for each vehicle in the "garage"

like what you have done here.

p

Hi Ninegrand - you can put notes for each record/receipt you create in the details section. If you click into a record or add a new one, you will see a "details" field where you can put whatever notes you want about the record/receipt. This field is also searchable so if you search on the receipts home section, all records will pop up making it easy to find things. Additionally, you can sort by date, shop, mileage, and cost by clicking the tools icon in the top left corner when in each section.

Let me know if you have trouble finding the details field. Please see screen shot below of what I mean:

Last edited:
Yep, I saw the details section and may have to just go that route. For me, scrolling through and reading much more than a few words just became a tad inconvenient. Just my opinion though

I like the app idea, but there is no need to put all my receipts in the cloud And the cloud, just being someone's private server, I just don't like that idea. Is there a PC version of the app?

Last edited:
I like the app idea, but there is no need to put all my receipts in the cloud And the cloud, just being someone's private server, I just don't like that idea. Is there a PC version of the app?

Thanks for the feedback Warren. Everything is trending toward cloud based because of the convenience to access your files across any device. We are building a web based application so you can access it on your computer, however, it will still be linked with a server. Perhaps we can have some sort of feature in the future so the user can store it on their own hard drive/phone. Do you use services like dropbox?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, I saw the details section and may have to just go that route. For me, scrolling through and reading much more than a few words just became a tad inconvenient. Just my opinion though

Can you explain more how you would want it to be then? There is not much landscape to work with on mobile devices, especially phones, so we had to really try and make it simple. Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with what options may be available, but maybe a notes tab for each service? Something that would show you have additional info for that service/ receipt and allow you to read the details entered.

I'm not familiar with what options may be available, but maybe a notes tab for each service? Something that would show you have additional info for that service/ receipt and allow you to read the details entered.

Interesting. Yeah maybe we can have a tab or a link that says "Additional Notes" and when you click that a pop up appears with more info. Cool idea.

Thanks for the feedback Warren. Everything is trending toward cloud based because of the convenience to access your files across any device. We are building a web based application so you can access it on your computer, however, it will still be linked with a server. Perhaps we can have some sort of feature in the future so the user can store it on their own hard drive/phone. Do you use services like dropbox.
I use services like dropbox, but really only use it to move large amounts of data, then I delete the data right away.
I work in the IT industry. I sell large storage solutions to large enterprise customers, and my experience is there is a huge lack of regulation in cloud services. I have seen some real garbage out there as cloud solutions are seldom complete without 5 9's availability, they have poor backup / restore processes, and seldom is there an archive solution in place.
My experience is, unless it is a government regulated industry, like health care, where the provider has to meet criteria (HIPPA), then the cloud service is not well designed and prone to failure.
Security is another big issue with private cloud services. It is hard to trust the securities in place in most installations. Even large enterprises have issues with security. IE: SONY.
Your app is great. I really like the idea. I track all maintenance myself, and keeping everything adds value when eventually selling a car. It is a great idea. I would just like to option to store the data myself. Then I can decide where and how long to keep the data.
Maybe one day the DMV will provide a service like this with all the DC regulations and securities in place
I noticed that Honda offers an online maintenance tracker on their web site. It allows all activities, even DIY oil changes to be added. No receipts outside of Honda dealerships, but it is tracked to the car's VIN. (password protected) Like everything though, they will change their website and it very well could be dropped and all your data will be gone. (again another reason to keep the data myself)
My opinion is tarnished because of what I have seen in the IT industry. I sell 5 and 6 9's solutions, and those even have issues because of people and process that are poor and non-regulated. Data Centre Services have a long way to go to become a solid and secure cloud provider industry. It is getting better, as these types of services are becoming more prominent. Maybe one day I will have a better opinion.

I really like the idea of your app providing quick access to records, available from phone, tablet, and PC, all sync'd together, like my personal calendar or my facebook account , but tell me more about your cloud service.

Warren, thanks for the feedback and definitely appreciate where you are coming from. We do have a dedicated environment and have security measures in place (Firewalls, Encryption, etc). I am not an IT guru, but I can definitely reach out to my team and get more information for you if needed. We have daily back up solutions in place and everything is archived and encrypted and stored on a different server. Hopefully you will feel comfortable to try it out soon. Cheers!

Hi everyone - just wanted to see if I can get some more feedback on the app for those that are using it. Any bugs you found? Some new features we will be rolling out over the next few months include reminders, PDF upload, and a web portal. Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to give a quick update. We have launched some new features:
-Reminders - Set reminders by date and/or mileage
-PDF Upload - Attach PDF files to records via your internal memory or services like drop box

Coming Soon
-Web Portal that syncs with the app
-Fuel Tracker - Dedicated area to track and store all your fill ups

To those that use the app - hope you are finding value in it! Cheers!

Whats up everyone? Just wanted to give this thread a bump and see if anyone has more feedback and/or found the app useful? We have added a lot of new features like:

-Reminders
-Fuel Tracker
-Desktop web portal that syncs with the app

The whole idea is based on a system that is cloud based so you can access your data anytime and upload images for receipts, documents, etc.

Appreciate everyones thoughts!

Back