• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New App I am working on to help manage your vehicle records

Hi Everyone! I wanted to let you all know about a project I have been working on called AUTOsist - An app that helps you manage your vehicle records in an easy and organized way. It’s set to launch next month for both iOS and Android.

I have always stored away my records in folders, and found it a pain in the butt digging through stuff when I needed to refer back to something. This app allows you to just take pictures (or upload) of your records, and your done. Additionally, we all know the value of keeping all records so future buyers are confident that you took care of your ride.

If this is considered a promo post or something and against the forum rules, I apologize in advance. I LOVE my NSX and truly feel that this app will be a great tool for all enthusiasts out there. You can learn more about it at www.autosist.com. I featured my NSX on the screenshots
:biggrin:

Would love to hear everyone's feedback! Hope you find as much value in it as I do.

Last edited:
Interesting. Any plans in the works for a desktop application? Not a fan of entering data using small touchscreen keyboards.

Agreed ^. While having a mobile app is handy for keeping tracking of records as you go to/from the shop, it would be a pain to input already existing records. Can the app import or export data?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, there will be a desktop application very soon that is synced with the app. How do you guys have your records currently? Electronic or paper? If paper, you would need to just take pictures of each receipt if you want to store your existing ones. Not sure if there is any other way?

If electronic, we would create a way to import the existing files assuming they are in PDF format. The app does let you export all your data into PDF.

This is great. Very exciting.

Have you settled on a cloud sync solution? Heroku? Parse? iCloud?

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes, there will be a desktop application very soon that is synced with the app. How do you guys have your records currently? Electronic or paper? If paper, you would need to just take pictures of each receipt if you want to store your existing ones. Not sure if there is any other way?

If electronic, we would create a way to import the existing files assuming they are in PDF format. The app does let you export all your data into PDF.

Just taking pics to take records ~ that is a great idea. I was thinking of import/export into .csv or something but .pdf is good as well. I personally keep my records in a spreadsheet but keep track of things using notes in my GasCubby app. It is a pain to move service records over manually to my spreadsheet, so an app like AUTOsist can be really helpful.

I used to scan my documents and save them to my computer, but have been too lazy lately to do that lately. Taking a photo and importing it would be a great alternative.

We currently have our own internal infrastructure built at this time.

The solution for users that have many existing records is that you can send us the files and we will upload them for you into your account. For example, if you have pictures of your receipts in PDF or another format, you can just send us the documents and we will populate them for you in the app. We will also have a feature where you can import files from DropBox so you can do it yourself as well. The goal is to have pictures of all your receipts stored safely so you can access and search for them anytime. There are fields that will need to be filled out to identify each receipt: Date, Mileage, and Shop Name - again, we can do this all for you if you prefer to just send us the records. Here is a screenshot of the receipts section:

For receipts that are coming in the future, open the app, click the "+" sign, and you can take a picture of the receipt or upload one. Add a few quick details, and your done.

Last edited:
Super cool - definitely want to check it out.

One thing that I would think would be nice is the ability to export everything to a PDF file.

Also, have you thought about adding a subsection for mods rather than simply maintenance? I could see it being cool to share info on costs for mods at car meets.

Super cool - definitely want to check it out.

One thing that I would think would be nice is the ability to export everything to a PDF file.

Also, have you thought about adding a subsection for mods rather than simply maintenance? I could see it being cool to share info on costs for mods at car meets.

Definitely! You will be able to email individual records as PDF files as well as generate a report that packages all receipts and sorts by date/mileage.

We thought about the grouping stuff together and having a mods section. What's tough with that is many people do many mods within one receipt. So you can enter keywords and search it that way.

Last edited:
Super cool - you looking to get the word out about this? I post on a few DC Area car groups and I can spread it around if you want. Or if you want to wait until things are further along, that's cool too.

Definitely! Thank you for that. The iphone app will be ready pretty soon followed by android shortly after. I think it's fine to post if you can to get the buzz going. Lots of people are signing up via email to get notified when we launch. Really appreciate the help and feedback!

Back