• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Audi ownership has been horrible

No joke? How tall are you?

Normal 5,11 or 6 but if you know the inside joke about G-cars, there is no trunk up front to speak of so there should be room for feet. What the f is up there? :biggrin:

Steve.
If you are referring to the bmw 550GT, you will lose for sure.
Just traded in my 2011 550GT few months ago after 12K miles and 1 year of ownership. $20K down the drain. I know exactly how you feel.

I was referring to the Maserati. The car just looks sexy but not enough that I want to take it 250 miles each way to be serviced.....maybe, idk it's pretty sexy. Again if I bought an mercedes SL or E, the dealer would pick it up here and service it then bring it back. I think the Maserati would be more fun than an SL but with the Maserati dealer so far away it just doesn't make sense to buy one and commit to driving or worse yet flat bedding the car 500 miles to have it repaired. Probably best to get nothing which I seem to be getting better at as I get older.

Steve.
If you are referring to the bmw 550GT, you will lose for sure.
Just traded in my 2011 550GT few months ago after 12K miles and 1 year of ownership. $20K down the drain. I know exactly how you feel.

What happened? Something wrong with the car?

Options depreciate the fastest. A loaded up 335i cabriolet that's $60k is going to lose a larger relative amount of resale versus one that's not as well equipped. Just because a car has $13k in options doesn't make it $13k more valuable 3 years down the road, or even 1 year down the road.

Options depreciate the fastest. A loaded up 335i cabriolet that's $60k is going to lose a larger relative amount of resale versus one that's not as well equipped. Just because a car has $13k in options doesn't make it $13k more valuable 3 years down the road, or even 1 year down the road.

I see ... and most high end cars are "loaded" with options from the factory :mad:

It think a lot of that has to do with the spending bracket of the buyer. Someone looking to buy a certain model is only willing to pay a set price regardless of otions on the car. A lot of times the sellers will hold out for top dollar until the car has depreciated even further in value.

I see ... and most high end cars are "loaded" with options from the factory :mad:

Usually they charge for valve stems :biggrin: Porsche is the worst when it comes to options. I have to lol at manufacturers charging 800 bucks to paint brake rotors red or yellow or whatever color. What if I decided to not have them any color? What then? Do I get them in unpainted steel? Are they going to cover them when they rust out?

It think a lot of that has to do with the spending bracket of the buyer. Someone looking to buy a certain model is only willing to pay a set price regardless of otions on the car. A lot of times the sellers will hold out for top dollar until the car has depreciated even further in value.

Also, on new cars, they would rather have you lease through their finance company anyway. That's where they make it.

Always try to get them to throw in the options because you really want the car now, today, right this moment but don't need all that crap that you don't use. They love when you say the keyword: "right now."

A good analogy to options for resale is:
Buy a home with a swimming pool rather than adding one. You will never get your money back as pools add no value to homes.

2 Audi sedans I would like to experience:

S6 and RS4, both with the V10 monsters.

Anyone has first hand experience with these 2 cars?

I didn't know they have a v10 rs4:confused:, but i drove the 4.2 one for about a month back in 2008... it was nice, but no different than the GTI honestly. I didn't see the extra 50k in it

Audi RS4 is a V8 and the new one that is supposed to come out should be a TT6.

Although this thread was a bit odd for me to read considering my Audi just got to the dealer and I'll be getting it Monday.

Last edited:
.....All girls want audi's. Just be a man next time. ;) :tongue:

Hmmmm.

1. Get Audi - knowing that it's going to break down
2. take a gal out on a date on the long route
3. break down
4. on the side of the road where there is no cell service u get lucky with the girl - at least 3rd base with some mild effort and perhaps street pharma

Any questions?

Most of my buddies have Audi and BMW . Not the latest A4 but the model before it.. i think it's junk.. one day i let him borrow my 94 integra will a million miles and i took his 08 A4 with about 20k miles and what happen? BROKE down..... Audi charged him an arm and a leg to have it fix...paid about $2-3k for some electrical problem. Another buddy with a 07 BMW M6.. OMG. can you say beast? That V10 is crazy.. but he beat on it so much, $3-4k to change out 10 spark plugs and a oil pan gasket. I'd be broke if i own these!!

I don't know about the latest model Audi.. I think they fixed most of their problems. The only Audi I would like to have is the A5 model. Looks good and seems to be reliable.

Last edited:
Most of my buddies have Audi and BMW . Not the latest A4 but the model before it.. i think it's junk.. one day i let him borrow my 94 integra will a million miles and i took his 08 A4 with about 20k miles and what happen? BROKE down..... Audi charged him an arm and a leg to have it fix...paid about $2-3k for some electrical problem. Another buddy with a 07 BMW M6.. OMG. can you say beast? That V10 is crazy.. but he beat on it so much, $3-4k to change out 10 spark plugs and a oil pan gasket. I'd be broke if i own these!!

I don't know about the latest model Audi.. I think they fixed most of their problems. The only Audi I would like to have is the A5 model. Looks good and seems to be reliable.

"08 A4 with about 20k miles" = still under warranty = Audi charged him an arm and a leg to have it fix ??????

is this bobby bouche?

Back