• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Black/Black '95 NSX was stolen right out of my driveway JH4NA1187ST00235

What a crappy feeling - I walk out the front door this morning, and my 1995 NSX is GONE! From right in my own driveway when I was sleeping.

FYI, the VIN was JH4NA1187ST00235.

At least I was fully insured. But damn, I thought I lived in a safe neighborhood.

If you see it: It's pretty much straight stock, black/black, '05 Targa top, with factory wheels, but the antenna is broken off, and I hadn't gotten around to replacing it (I still get stations, and I mainly listen to CDs). Mileage in the 73K range.

Re: My Black/Black '05 NSX was stolen right out of my driveway

Wow that sucks, hope they catch the thieves. I see that you're in San Diego too. What would thieves do with NSX parts they can't sell it because the NSX community is such a small and tight knit community. Since you live in San Diego I think the car is already in Mexico at some chop shop.

So is it a 1995 with 95 16/17 rims or is your car an 05 because your title states 05 NSX.

Oh man, that's eff'd up. Sometimes living in a nice community attracts the bad crowds outside. I was wondering though, why would you leave a car like that outside? If I had that it would stay 100% in the garage. Anyways, GL with catching those thieves!

Wow that sucks, hope they catch the thieves. I see that you're in San Diego too. What would thieves do with NSX parts they can't sell it because the NSX community is such a small and tight knit community. Since you live in San Diego I think the car is already in Mexico at some chop shop.

So is it a 1995 with 95 16/17 rims or is your car an 05 because your title states 05 NSX.

DOH! it's a '95 with stock 16/17 rims.

Oh man, that's eff'd up. Sometimes living in a nice community attracts the bad crowds outside. I was wondering though, why would you leave a car like that outside? If I had that it would stay 100% in the garage. Anyways, GL with catching those thieves!

Unfortunately, my garage has my 2002 E55 in it, and with all the rest of the stuff I have to store in it, no room for more than 1 car.

Last edited:

Curious where in San Diego?
Any pictures so in case we see it around we can contact the police.

The location was Rancho Penasquitos. No photos, but it was a stock black/black 95 targa car. CA plate # 5AZZ559.

Man, I couldn't imagine the way I would feel! Sorry to hear this, and good luck on the recovery!

ill keep on eye on it here in South SD.

Sorry for the loss. Hope it didn't make it passed the border.

Sorry about your loss hope you get it back...if not theres insurance.

Update: As of now, the car has not been recovered - I suspect it was chopped in Tijuana before I even knew it was gone.

On a positive note, I just got notified of the Insurance Company (Farmers) proposed settlement. I believe it's fair. They came up with a cash valuation of around $28K, plus they also give me around $2200 for costs to register a car of that value, and subtract my deductible of 1K, so I'm getting around $29.2 K cash settlement. To my mind, I was pretty sure that the range of a fair settlement was going to be something between $27-30K all in, so I really can't complain about that.

I really loved the NSX, but this is now the 2nd one I've had to receive an insurance settlement on (I wrecked one in 2001, but walked away from a flip-over crash). So I'm probably going to buy something else down the road.

I know what it feels like when a car is stolen and you never see it again. It's a real $hitty feeling. Good luck in your search for a replacement vehicle.

I'm actually glad you didn't get it back, it would never be the same anyway. Happy to hear it all worked out for you. :smile:

Sorry to hear about your car. That is all they are paying out? Sounds a lil low to me..
Try to sell a 1995 NSX for more than $28K nowadays. I paid $35K for the car 7 years and 25K miles ago. I certainly could have bought a comparable car for $28K here in Southern California. A clean '94 with 35K more miles on it just sold for $22.5K here

Last edited:
Try to sell a 1995 NSX for more than $28K nowadays. I paid $35K for the car 7 years and 25K miles ago. I certainly could have bought a comparable car for $28K here in Southern California. A clean '94 with 35K more miles on it just sold for $22.5K here

Weird my 95 a few years back paid me out 45k from AAA Insurance.

Definitely low offer unless the car had some issues. That being said, if you are happy with the offer then take it.

Why is it a low offer? Do you believe that the typical private party selling price of a 1995 NSX with nearly 75K miles on it should be MORE than $28K? Because the empirical data definitely says otherwise, at least here in Southern California, where they are not so scarce as elsewhere.

As I said, before I heard their number, I did my own search for comparables in the marketplace. And I came up with a range of $27-29K tops. No way that I would have had to spend $30K for an equivalent replacement, and with just slightly higher mileage, I could easily have gotten a '94 or '95 NSX for under $25K.

Last edited:
Update: As of now, the car has not been recovered - I suspect it was chopped in Tijuana before I even knew it was gone.

On a positive note, I just got notified of the Insurance Company (Farmers) proposed settlement. I believe it's fair. They came up with a cash valuation of around $28K, plus they also give me around $2200 for costs to register a car of that value, and subtract my deductible of 1K, so I'm getting around $29.2 K cash settlement. To my mind, I was pretty sure that the range of a fair settlement was going to be something between $27-30K all in, so I really can't complain about that.

I really loved the NSX, but this is now the 2nd one I've had to receive an insurance settlement on (I wrecked one in 2001, but walked away from a flip-over crash). So I'm probably going to buy something else down the road.

$28K is a great down payment on a 2005 :D

Back