• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My hot laps in the 2017 NSX with a pro driver

Nice. Thanks for posting. Any impressions to share? Especially if you have compare/contrast experience with other performance cars.

Was it in track mode?
It was not.

Plus 1

Also would like to know your impressions compared to the NSX Gen 1 and other cars as well.

haven't had the opportunity to drive my friends' cars (gt3, gt4, zanardi, f430) yet. need to find friends with an R8, GTR, and Maclaren. been a passenger in a sc'd viper gts.

acceleration isn't explosive like the 911 TT-S that we drove. anyone will be able to turn decent lap times in this car. its not a pure driver's experience as I assume the 911 gt3 or cayman gt4 is, but those are more track focused cars. NSX2 has a very artificial feeling to it. I'm going to guess that the experience is more like the GTR where the car figures everything out for you.

in true acura form, its a jack of all trades, but master of none.

- - - Updated - - -

Strange. I got my hot laps but not my Pro Driver video....

I rode with her as well. she was cool, though less technical than the European instructor I drove the ILX with.

Last edited:
It was not.

haven't had the opportunity to drive my friends' cars (gt3, gt4, zanardi, f430) yet. need to find friends with an R8, GTR, and Maclaren. been a passenger in a sc'd viper gts.

acceleration isn't explosive like the 911 TT-S that we drove. anyone will be able to turn decent lap times in this car. its not a pure driver's experience as I assume the 911 gt3 or cayman gt4 is, but those are more track focused cars. NSX2 has a very artificial feeling to it. I'm going to guess that the experience is more like the GTR where the car figures everything out for you.

in true acura form, its a jack of all trades, but master of none.

- - - Updated - - -

I rode with her as well. she was cool, though less technical than the European instructor I drove the ILX with.

From what I have read about the car, there is a huge difference in the way the car behaves and responds to your input when it is in Track Mode versus all the other modes. Even going so far as to refuse to downshift below 3000 rpm's if I remember correctly.
Could it be that your lack of 'explosive' reactions is due to the fact it wasn't in track mode??

Please accept our sincere apologies. Due to technical difficulties, we are able to send you only part of your personal NSX driving experience video. You are welcome to share this video with your family, friends and clients through social media.

dang it, the part that didn't matter!

Back