• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new born is a terrorist.

I opened a custodial account for my new baby at an investment firm and transferred some money into the account. Recently, they red flagged the account for possible terrorist activity by the firm's internal security. Imagine, my 3 month old, a terrorist! Everyone is so touchy these days.

Better safe than sorry?

At least you know someone has some kind of procedure in place to look at any odd or suspicious accounts. Shouldn't worry anyone who has nothing to hide. They'll look into it and clear it.

I don't think it's being touchy. I think there's a lot more to it than that.

How dare you use your 3 month old as cover for your terrorist activities. ;)

Yeah, i guess its better to be safe than sorry and im sure they felt really cool finding out it was the account of a 3 month old!

Does your baby have a Muslim name? I have.
fannsx said:
I opened a custodial account for my new baby at an investment firm and transferred some money into the account. Recently, they red flagged the account for possible terrorist activity by the firm's internal security. Imagine, my 3 month old, a terrorist! Everyone is so touchy these days.

You neglected to mention <A HREF="http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/terrortubbies.jpg">the DVD</A> you purchased for your baby. :p j/k

ian, your driving qualified you as a terrorist... :wink:
move some of that mad money this way.

remember...dentists are the original terrorists :cool:

Last edited:
fannsx said:

You have absolutely no idea how much garbage we bankers now have to go though due to the Patriot Act and the new "Know Your Customer" mandates. IMO, the problem is that we waste a ton of time for very little benefit and there ends up being a ton of seemingly foolish mistakes (as in the case above) which makes the process look even more silly than it is.

NeoNSX said:
You neglected to mention <A HREF="http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/graphics/terrortubbies.jpg">the DVD</A> you purchased for your baby. :p j/k

HA ha! Well, everything cleared up in no time.

jalnjr said:
ian, you driving quailified you as a terrorist... :wink:
move some of that mad money this way.

remember...dentists are the original terrorists :cool:

Now you probably wont even come to my house if I invite you. I may take you as hostage. :biggrin:

Maybe they flag any account with a new SS#.
There is no Muslim name involved here.

Da Hapa said:
You have absolutely no idea how much garbage we bankers now have to go though due to the Patriot Act and the new "Know Your Customer" mandates. IMO, the problem is that we waste a ton of time for very little benefit and there ends up being a ton of seemingly foolish mistakes (as in the case above) which makes the process look even more silly than it is.
I did not mind they flagged the account. They are just doing their job. It is hard to calculate,if not ,impoosible to say what action or time was wasted if the terrorist activity was prevented. Just like in medicine,it is hard to measure the benefit of prevention as it is not easy to tell when we over do something or not.

liftshard said:
Neither would mandatory nightly police searches of every home in America.

give a mouse a cookie... I worry

Back