• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My New Carbon Fiber Custom NSX Steering Wheel

I'm super excited about this new steering wheel. I just got it in the mail and installed it today. I bought it through AdvansCPAP's custom retrofit program (you provide a donor NSX wheel). I think it's the hottest steering wheel you can put on an NSX. I've only had it a few hours and its winter in New England so I sadly won't be driving soon. It wasn't what I would call 'economy' pricing but it really appears high quality and quite cool and gives it a much more modern look. I do see the slight color difference between the wheel and the sides in the installed pick but it's may be my flash or the fact that the wheel was cleaned with an Armor All type product and the sides are brand new. The picture on the table pre-install is actually a different airbag from the donor I bought. I opted for the one that was in the car. If it turns out to be different texturing or shade, I may swap to the donor airbag.

Options:
I oped for black stitching. Some have gone with Red.
They have carbon horn button options (and horn emblems on them). I decided to keep the traditional.

I thought I would share some picks.

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/58042737@N05/12699034343/player/13e1bded19" height="600" width="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/58042737@N05/12698882135/player/65fd4f7d9a" height="600" width="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/58042737@N05/12699109503/player/fb754eebbb" height="600" width="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/58042737@N05/12708633844/player/2e75de4888" height="600" width="800" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

Prime member AdvansCPAP coordinated it. Someone in Japan completed it. I just sent money and sent the wheel. It showed up about 60 days later.

Yes. Modified OEM wheel and re-uses both the airbag and cruise control. It's pretty sweet.

Yes. Modified OEM wheel and re-uses both the airbag and cruise control. It's pretty sweet.

Nice!! I'm really interested in this now. Keeping the cruise has held me back from switching wheels.

Do you have a price range that this runs? I know it depends on options from what you had mentioned.

Thanks,
BrianB

Last edited:
very cool. got other angles like in the sunlight Im not a CF fan but that looks good. and modern

damn it another MOD i have to do geez

Tomorrow if it's sunny I am going to pull the car out of the garage and let the engine run. I will take some better shots with natural light then.

I like the Acura myself. It keeps the original flavor. I wish stock said NSX in truth but it is whatnot is... Video going up in a second...

- - - Updated - - -

It's as nice as it's been in a while in New England. The sun is out so I thought I would start the car up and let is warm up good. Here are two short videos from either side of the car looking at the steering wheel. I did clean the whole wheel (AMMO NYC interior conditioner) so it's a bit more uniform. My only complain at first interaction with the wheel is that the molded parts are somewhat hard. I feel they are a little slick. It would be idea for gloves but I don't wear gloves. It is super cool though...

This video pretty much sucks. The iPhone compressed it when I sent it to my email. It give the general idea. I put the car away so I'm not pulling the GoPro out now. This will have to do. A second video is processing from the other side of the car. That should be up soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58042737@N05/12721368825/

nice wheel. that looks extremely similar to what dct sells on the porsche forums (molded hand grip+flat bottom)

Thanks for sharing. It looks great! Mr Clean Magic Eraser might help make the shiny airbag a little bit more dull to help match up with the new leather.

I love it. Definitely gives a nice update to the interior.

I remember there was some hate for it in one of the old thread.

Last edited:
This setup is pretty awesome. Im may go this route and replace the airbag to honda one. Would you be able to PM me a price how much this costs.

Got my first drive in last night (roads were pretty clear...). It's a lot more comfortable than I imagined. My only criticism is that the molded (non-CF) portion of the wheel feels a bit slick. That may change come summer time, so we will see. Over all 9.5 of 10, super pleased...

FWIW, I have a carbon wrapped OMP. I can't/don't wear my wedding band driving the car because I worry about the carbon getting nicked up. Something to think about.

Back