• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My new ride!

Very nice!! If the new nsx ends up being AWD and or Front engine, I will be buying a Lotus when it comes time to replace my current nsx.

Did u see the sick turbo kit for your car that was in Road&Track Magazine! If not u mite want to check it out. raaaaaaaaaswoosh:biggrin:

Yes.. I saw.. it's up to 400 HP now, but is not street legal and adds $44K to the cost of the car.

There is another turbo kit that was sold to a few Lotus owners and they are now involved in a law suit against the maker.. Most of the cars that had it installed have blown up.

Apparently, there is not a good ECU solution for the Elise yet. I'm sticking with the stock engine. It's fine for me. I have ordered another exhaust system which will bring the pipes up above the diffuser.

Attachments

• eurotips_large.jpg
    eurotips_large.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 71
Veleno said:
Congrats, nice car.

I was browsing the Lotus website the other day and read up on the car a little, as like some of you I too am interested in one. If anyone knows, what is the difference between the Elise and the Exige? Also, what other colors are available (the website said 20 different colors)?

Mike, would you say you got a good deal or a steal of a deal? How much can I expect to pay for the car?

exige is more hardcore, theres a few changed body panels and it features a wing and front splitter. i think its also about 15 lbs heavier. costs another 8k on top of the elise. from what ive read its got better stability but not to the point where guys who dont race all the time will notice.

AEM standalone will handle a 2zz just fine.

oh, and for the guy at the top. beautiful car man

Back