• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX and Supra pic

Hello,

Attached is My NSX and Supra pic. I no longer own the Supra, more money to modify my NSX. :p

Attachments

• supransx001.jpg
    supransx001.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 3,031
Last edited:
NSXPRA

Another one... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• supransx002.jpg
    supransx002.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 3,142
NSX

Of course my NSX gets to sleep in the garage! :D Sorry Supra :eek:

My NSX Interior

Acura Aluminum Shifter :D

Attachments

• mynsx03.jpg
    mynsx03.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 2,962
Cool View of the Exhaust! Wooah!!!

Cool View of the Exhaust! Wooah!!! :confused:

Attachments

• mynsx04.jpg
    mynsx04.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 2,940
A few owners that own both, or trade a Supra for the NSX on this board - Cool.

From my personal point... I have had two supras and to say with out the SC on the NSX I would still have the supras.... still they are both different cars but here in So Cal you get heads turning on both cars....

Cheers:cool:

Attachments

• nsxsupra 011.jpg
    nsxsupra 011.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 2,725
Hey Doc,
I don't know about you, but I think the yellow sweetheart is getting jealous of you standing so close to the supra :D See the goooogly eyes? hahahaha

COMPDNSX said:
From my personal point... I have had two supras and to say with out the SC on the NSX I would still have the supras.... still they are both different cars but here in So Cal you get heads turning on both cars....

Cheers:cool:

I am not sure about what you referring to. supra not so great?

originally, i bought my nsx and i planned to replace my supra tt, but then i realized,, they both are great and both had its own traits. So, i decided to keep both (at the expense of my wallet).

i am not gonna go in detail on comparing these two cars,, i am sure everyone here heard enough of that.

was your supra (1) a twin turbo? (2) 6spds (3) bpu? if you miss any of the three, then that is why you dont think it is great.

-jjc.
6spds blk supra
6spds red nsx

ss5153 said:
Hello,

Attached is My NSX and Supra pic. I own both of these cars and I can say in my own words that the NSX is a true sportscar. Supra is cool, but not so great. NSX is razorsharp! I no longer own the Supra, more money to modify my NSX. :p

I agree :) they are both different cars ...

NSX "Power of dreams": low, light, Vtec, racing

Supra "The big frog": more comfort, 4 places, targa, AND THE BOOST POWER BPU !!

I keep both :)

good to see another nsx owner that used to have a supra..my sister had a 94 tt but sold it and got a 03 clk and now I own the nsx, almost good enough but not as good to own both at once!

Re: Re: My NSX and Supra pic

JJCNSX said:

originally, i bought my nsx and i planned to replace my supra tt, but then i realized,, they both are great and both had its own traits. So, i decided to keep both (at the expense of my wallet).

i am not gonna go in detail on comparing these two cars,, i am sure everyone here heard enough of that.

was your supra (1) a twin turbo? (2) 6spds (3) bpu? if you miss any of the three, then that is why you dont think it is great.

-jjc.
6spds blk supra
6spds red nsx

SUPRA is a great car... just a lot of power... I like the way the NSX SC has the pull with control. I have had both the Auto and 6 speed both BPU and the 6 Speed BPU + but right now I like the control feeling with the NSX... A lot of power from the supra but sometimes I feel the back swing out and that scares me sometimes... I don't want to end up running off the road or into another car....... Either way I had both and very content on what I have now..... if you have both more power to you....

Happy Boosting! =)

PoohBEAR said:
Hey Doc,
I don't know about you, but I think the yellow sweetheart is getting jealous of you standing so close to the supra :D See the goooogly eyes? hahahaha

If you see on my pic I am leaning to the preferred one too.... Sad to see it go but then Happy to still have one left.... ;)

I'm afraid to supercharge a naturaly aspired like a NSX, bone stock...

For the price of the mod (supercharger, importation, labor) and maybe the price of a repair if i blow the engine... i can easy buy a complete Supra TT Targa for the same price..

I dont know the price market of your cars (NSX, Supra) in US, but in Switzerland NSX are rare and used engine expensive. It's for that a choose the security in a 2nd car like the Supra TT, ready bone stock for the BPU Boost :) In Switzerland, all mod motor is illegal :( BPU is more hidden as the supercharger NSX :)

I love both, but a little preference for the NSX :). They are different.

Cheers,

PS. My english is bad, i hope you understand what i'll say :D

Hello Alex,

for your information about pricing: in the US the NSX price is very similar to the Swiss price for about all years.

The Supra price is also very close, but maybe in Switzerland it s even slightly higher than in the US.

The italian exotics instead are generally 20-30% less here than in the US:

I meant handling wise

I meant handling wise...NSX Rules.... not to compare the power of the two beauty... It was a 97 6spd TT stock.

Re: My NSX and Supra pic

-jjc.
6spds blk supra
6spds red nsx

i am totally agree with u ss5153...

yes NSX handling and entire car are way balance over
supra....of course different design of engine...FR and MR
have their own characteristic on road course......

but supra toally dominate nsx in power and potential
of modifiy it. I absolutely love both car, but i also have parts
that i dislike both car. Again not much street car out there can
just have few simple bolts on, required no engine works and blasting down 1/4 with speed over 130miles on street tires...

i really miss my 92' nsx...looking to get back to NSX again
very very soon...;) got my eye on a 95 and 97 :)

~W

well, since you own a supra, i assume that is a targa.. i would strongly suggest you to consider pre-94 nsx: hardtop or zanardi nsx

all targa would have the squeal, flex, rattling, and leaky problem down the road.. NSX-T might be more rigid than supra targa, but eventually you will have similar problems.. i am not sure aobut you, but I hate it

Quick comment on handling, Stock NSX handling is AMAZING, but Stock Supra is not a pushover, look at the test results and all magazine comments. also, stock supra come with Corrola height, you can drop 1+ inch without a problem.. as a matter of fact, simple spring replacement would make it "BPU of handling".. anyways, enough of that..

-jjc.
blk supra 6spds - bpu+ power & bpu+ handling
red nsx 6spds - stock power & handling

supraboost23 said:
i am totally agree with u ss5153...

yes NSX handling and entire car are way balance over
supra....of course different design of engine...FR and MR
have their own characteristic on road course......

but supra toally dominate nsx in power and potential
of modifiy it. I absolutely love both car, but i also have parts
that i dislike both car. Again not much street car out there can
just have few simple bolts on, required no engine works and blasting down 1/4 with speed over 130miles on street tires...

i really miss my 92' nsx...looking to get back to NSX again
very very soon...;) got my eye on a 95 and 97 :)

~W

Hey JJCNSX...yea my old 92' nsx was hardtop too, the handling
just like u said, it was amazing, very quick respond when
corning. I took both cars to Texas motor speedway around the
big circle. NSX with stock set up and 18" 225/18front 19" 275/30/19 rear are more stable compare to my supra with springs (1-1/2 drop front and 2" drop rear) and shocks. I can push nsx harder than supra when goin corner at near 100mph, supra felt backend starting get lose on me.

My supra (btw it's a hardtop) with just spring, shocks and BPU i get more of understeer sometime. Now i have upgraded to coilover, swaybar and single turbo, that totally changed supra's characteristic. Power band are more predictable than BPU with seq. turbo set up.

my next nsx i am looking just nice and go around on weekend,
not planning modify too much or even road race with it. So..
target are in my list as for now...but definitely want a 97+
with 6-speed, with my old 92' 5-speed just felt something power is missing, and i hope with 6-speed this would change. :)

hey nice choice of cars
I just bought another supra also! Sold my 94 tt and got a 97tt
just five months later. missed it to much.

found one of my pictures

fc1f9f97.jpg

Just washed my car today and got my new digital camera!

Just washed my car today and got my new digital camera!

Attachments

• samnsx001.jpg
    samnsx001.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,921
Re: Just washed my car today and got my new digital camera!

Sweet! Looks like your car might bottom out if you lower it though. :eek:

Back