• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My NSX VS. C5 Corvette

SilverStone05 said:
I'm sure you're right to a certain point, but I don't think I'll win with my top in. I'll try back and let you all know for sure.

Remember that aero forces rise with the square of speed. So twice as fast means four times the drag. It totally explains how you are suddenly falling back as speed rises. I don't know if you'll win when the top is on, but I would expect it to be at least a tie.

SilverStone05 said:
I can post those vids as well if you all would like. They look like ass rapings on my part till I get into fifth.....from there its curtains for me. :confused:

Please. I would love to see them! I can edit out the 5th gear part :biggrin:

Continuation of this thread is useless without Vids! :D

fifrules said:
I want to see the C5 run against an NSX with a supercharger.

But then just put a supercharger on the C5... I personally couldn't care whether or not the C5 is faster in a straight line then my car, I had the choice when I bought my NSX of it or a C5 Z06, I chose the NSX, even with it been a lot older.

I ran the C6 from a 80mph roll...with my A/C on [w/liteweight wife and full trunk of Mother's Day goodies], & no Torco in the tank, he pulled on me slightly. I think if I had turned off the A/C AND had the factory gearbox, I would've pulled on him pretty hard.

C5 or NSX. Which is faster?

Last edited:
Onsoku said:
I ran the C6 from a 80mph roll...with my A/C on [w/liteweight wife and full trunk of Mother's Day goodies], & no Torco in the tank, he pulled on me slightly. I think if I had turned off the A/C AND had the factory gearbox, I would've pulled on him pretty hard.

C5 or NSX. Which is faster?

Way to represent. Notice how Vette owners keep comparing straight-line which I see alot on domestic forums. ...and when people were saying he'd get eaten alive if the NSX was turbo'd and they come back by saying "and what if the Vette was turbo'd too?". Let's level the playing field...he's got more engine so add a turbo to the X and see what happens.
Nobody even mentioned Vettes are EVERYWHERE and has sh*ttier resale values. I dunno, when I compare cars, I take everything into account..not just straightline accelleration. If I wanted that, I could've had a 93 Mustang 5.0 that runs 9's for peanuts :tongue:

I just posted this on the corvette forum:

I currently own a 2002 Yellow Z06 with 40k miles on it.

I have owned a Black 91 NSX with 56K miles in it sold it and got 92 White NSX with 64K miles on it, sold it and then bought my friends 92 Red NSX with 74k miles in it and sold it with 90k miles in it.

I spent more on the z06 then any of the NSXs. I also sold every NSX for more money then I bought it for.

Where am I going with all of this besides spending a lot of sales tax over the last 5 years? Well the z06 will kill and NSX in a strait line. In the corners it would be closer. The Z06 wants to get loose to quickly compare to the NSX wanting to stay planted all the way through the corner.

Its very strange I think that the Z06 is a better performance car but the NSX feels way way better to drive. It’s hard to explain unless you have driven an NSX. You feel like you are part of the car. With the Z06 I feel like I’m strapped on top of a rocket and steering it with horse reins.

I have put my Z06 up for sale so that I can buy another NSX. I had always wanted a z06 and must admit that its alot faster but just not the same driving experience. The speed of it does put a smile on my face every time I nail it.

The other thing I have noticed is that the z06 is only 4 years old feels much older then any of the 14 year old NSXs I’ve had. The interior of the z06 has a lot more options and my wife likes it better but it just has the GM feeling. The NSX interior is starting to get dated and does not have many gadgets to play with but feels better and more solid.

So if you want to go real fast buy the Vette if you want to feel more from the car and feel like a better driver get the NSX.

Some one said it best. The Vette and the NSX are like a chain saw and a scalpel they both get the job done just in different ways. They are both great cars.

By the way 2002 Yellow Z06 40k miles $32,000 obo. 925-383-7438.

With your NSX, in that race, at the end when he was passing you, did you stay in 5th or shifted to 6th? 6th sucks!

NSX/MR2 said:
With your NSX, in that race, at the end when he was passing you, did you stay in 5th or shifted to 6th? 6th sucks!

I have the NSX-R 5 speed. Never got out of 4th gear when we caught up to traffic. He was actually very cool about it. We both gave each other thumbs up. ...that was when I noticed his window was down...most likely because his A/C was off.

Not making excuses, it was a good run! My right foot had that tingly sensation for about a 1/2 hour after that!:biggrin:

Onsoku said:
I have the NSX-R 5 speed. Never got out of 4th gear when caught up to traffic. He was actually very cool about. We both gave each other thumbs up. ...that was when I noticed his window was down...most likely because his A/C was off. Not making excuses, it was a good run! My right foot had that tingly sensation for about a 1/2 hour after that!:biggrin:

Forgive me, but I was refering to Silverstone05.

Back