• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Old NSX is in a museum!

tof

Experienced Member
Well, it is currently more of a "collection" but the owner hopes to open to the public this summer. Cool guy.
Here is the web link to the HeritageJDM museum web site list of cars. See mine? http://heritagejdm.com/the-cars.html

He also just started a youtube channel. If you drove Japanese imports in your youth you will enjoy it. Episode 1 is a little rough but better than a lot of similar type videos on YouTube. And I expect it to improve if he keeps going with the project, which I have encouraged him to do.

Episode 1 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2IPen4zVXc Help a car brother out and watch. Or subscribe, even!

Enjoy!
-Mike

[MENTION=24712]tof[/MENTION], that is pretty neat. Do you miss her? What did you replace her with? I rarely drive my own nsx but now that I have a blown motor I just cannot stop thinking about it and how I need to get it fixed quickly! I even have visions of buying a butt ass ugly gt-r.

@tof, that is pretty neat. Do you miss her? What did you replace her with? I rarely drive my own nsx but now that I have a blown motor I just cannot stop thinking about it and how I need to get it fixed quickly! I even have visions of buying a butt ass ugly gt-r.

Sorry to hear your NSX is off the road, Jinks. Hope you can get her sorted. I just don't see a butt ass ugly GT-R offering nearly the same owner satisfaction, unless you are really into the quarter-mile thing. Then again, I've never driven one. But the NSX is just so all-around good!

So I replaced my NSX with
1. A one owner 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 which is my primary daily driver
2. A 2002 Mazda Miata LS with 26000 miles that I went to Delaware to get
3. A 1979 Honda Accord CVCC Hatchback from California/Utah, almost completely rust-free with 57,000 miles and documentation back to new
4. A preservation re-spray and fresh interior upholstery for said Accord and
5. A new kitchen, new floors, and some other minor remodeling

So currently I own nothing as thrilling as the NSX. My NSX was a chance to own and enjoy a spectacular vehicle for a few years and at the same time see some appreciation in value. (Boy, did THAT work out.) Sort of an adjunct to my retirement planning. But post-NSX, I am completely debt-free (nice when you just retired) with an adequate income that supports my needs and my hobbies. And I have an interesting antique that is probably more rare than the NSX, a top down sports car to drive along the beach on warm summer evenings and up at Deals Gap (the Dragon) at least once a year, and a solid low mileage driver that will probably outlast me. And a nicer home to live in. But still...

Back