• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My own rim showcase at home

NRG

Experienced Member
After a long wait of 3 months, I have received my rims from Tom at RP Motorsports. Thanks Tom! I need new tires on the stock rims so I might as well order new tires on a set of new rims at the same time. I haven't been able to drive the car as much as I wanted to during the summer, but I"m excited to get back on the road soon.

Last edited:
They look great...remind of the BBS mesh. What are the specs anyway.

Does anyone know what I should torque the bolts on the rims? I read a thread that it was 80lb. Is that correct? Thanks.

vtec888 said:
Does anyone know what I should torque the bolts on the rims? I read a thread that it was 80lb. Is that correct? Thanks.

80-85 is fine.

Does the center caps come together or you have to buy seperatly. I run the same setup with Volk GT-N but when I hit 80, steering wheel start to shake and the ride become nasty. I asked around they told me to get hub rings on all four wheels. Does your's come with the hub rings? Cant wait to see it in your car.

I've got LE-28N's, and yes they should have come with some hubcentric rings. Most likey supplied from the Volk dealer you order your wheels from, they are absouletly a must otherwise you could do damged to your wheel, rubber, or suspension etc... :frown:

polonia2 said:
Does the center caps come together or you have to buy seperatly. I run the same setup with Volk GT-N but when I hit 80, steering wheel start to shake and the ride become nasty. I asked around they told me to get hub rings on all four wheels. Does your's come with the hub rings? Cant wait to see it in your car.

Yes, the center cap was already installed on the rim that cost extra. Also, it came with 20 black lug nuts, 4 hub rings, 1 lug adapter, and 4 stems.

polonia2 said:

vtec888 said:
Yes, the center cap was already installed on the rim that cost extra. Also, it came with 20 black lug nuts, 4 hub rings, 1 lug adapter, and 4 stems.

i have the same wheels different finish, its funny but my wheels did not come with hub rings. Fit perfect and no vibrations at all. oh well.

Last edited:
nsxchi-town said:
i have the same wheels different finish, its funny but my wheels did not come with hub rings. Fit perfect and no vibertions at all. oh well.

Even w/o vibrations, it's a good idea to add the rings as it will transfer the stress from the studs to the hub.

Ed

emdoller said:
Even w/o vibrations, it's a good idea to add the rings as it will transfer the stress from the studs to the hub.

Ed

I was told no rings were need as they are hub centric. Order my wheels from ben@the WB. I waited 4 months for these and i love them. ( no rings ) I do have the same wheel for my S2000 and i do need the hub rings for them.

It all depends who places the order, I have a set of hre's for my E55 with no hub ring.

The Volk wheels are not hubcentric for the NSX or most other cars. Like most wheels, the bore is made over sized on purpose to fit a multitude of applications. The hub centric rings will seat the wheels properly on center on the hub eliminating vibration, broken studs, and loose lug nuts.

take care,
-- Chris

emdoller said:

Ed

No, they are plastic. They have no load bearing function at all. Just help to align the wheel to the studs and lugnuts. Not necessary, but they make life a lot simpler.

hey, those look familiar .....

nice taste :biggrin:

Attachments

• new tires 011 Medium Web view.jpg
    new tires 011 Medium Web view.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 341
  • new tires 054 600X450.jpg
    new tires 054 600X450.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 344
hehehe. I must admit that your picture was the reason why this rim became my 2nd choice for the car. Thank you!

I think your color is the chrome silver, but I got the mercury silver that I had to pay an extra $30 for each rim.

Since we have the same taste, you must be handsome :wink:

FINALLY! :biggrin:

With 2 fingers gap clearance, I think I need to lower it more. I was hoping the new rims/tires will bring it down to 1 finger gap, but it didn't. I can live with it, but I love the ZERO finger gap clearance :frown: Maybe I need to drive it more for the car to settle down since it was lifted up to install the tires.

NEW UPDATE: Well, from a good 2 fingers gap, I can barely fit 2 fingers now. I would said by changing the stock rims, it's about 1 1/2 fingers gap w/ Bilsteins lower perch setup.

I just drove it to work to pick up the air intake from Downforce in the office, and I noticed it gets more attention on the street than before. I think maybe it's the polish lip that blinds their eyes? Hmmm.. I admit that if feels much nicer with aftermarket rims than stock. I was kind of embarrased driving stock for awhile.

Oh..if you need more close up pictures of the rim at a different angle, then please let me know.

Last edited:
Very nice, I love 17 18 on the non-kitted NSX. I have had my NSX for 8 months and still have not decided on wheels. Im pretty sure im going 17/18 though. ENjoy

Back