• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My personal Double Din Console journey

I posted some of these pics in the photo gallery with what I did to accomplish it. Hope it helps someone attempting to cut up their existing console. If these stock consoles were plentiful, it would make the process a lot less stressful:). I had one shot basically to do it right and thankfully it was a success.

Attachments

• NSXDD1.jpg
    NSXDD1.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 128
  • NSXDD2.jpg
    NSXDD2.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 110
  • NSXDD3.jpg
    NSXDD3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 118
  • NSXDD5.jpg
    NSXDD5.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 119
  • NSXDD6.jpg
    NSXDD6.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 130
  • NSXDD4.jpg
    NSXDD4.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 135
  • NSXDD7.jpg
    NSXDD7.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 130
  • NSXDD8.jpg
    NSXDD8.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 113
  • NSXDD9.jpg
    NSXDD9.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 171
Thanks for the compliment

- - - Updated - - -

Not exactly sure. My friend Hydro dipped it and all I did was choose the pattern and base color

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct:)

- - - Updated - - -

I have heard that a lot since I finished it:). I have to keep mine though:smile:

Awesome job! Love how you kept the ashtray. Is it still functional?

Yes, the ashtray functions but it is close enough to the radio that I fear it will wear the finish off so I don't open it much. I put two aux ports in the armrest console to charge the electronics.

Yes, the ashtray functions but it is close enough to the radio that I fear it will wear the finish off so I don't open it much. I put two aux ports in the armrest console to charge the electronics.

Do what I did, take apart the ashtray lid and shave it down a bit, problem solved. You can't even tell its shaved, it still sits flush:
20111220_115122.jpg

Last edited:
Back