• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Project NSX - Picture intensive!!!

Hey guys,
So Since the tender age of 11, I was sickly in love with the NSX ( Those damn saturday morning infommercials brain washed me - they took over my saturday morning cartoons, and soon enough my lust for the exotic and beautiful) So Off to school i went to get a bangin job and once i was all set, my number 1 goal was to get an NSX

September of 05 i picked up a '92 coupe, 5 spd red on black with 39,000 miles.

..and that Friday got myself a set of staggered 18/19 HP Evo's

...and ofcourse i slapped those on =)

About a month later I wanted to get the top of the car painted red to match the rest of the car, and this disaster happened... ughhh
I wanted the A and B pillers painted and instead I got this with a non matching red top ...grrr

You can read my Post here on that little mishap

Since then I have been planning and replanning and planning and replanning some more on everything i loved and wanted to change but I could not find a single shop I trusted enough to do the work...

Then I met Sami at Elite Motors in Bergen County, NJ

Sami is a unique Character. He's 24, soft spoken, rarely emotional, and very black and white. Sami works on everything, he rebuilds M3's, Modena's, Porsches. The Guy has been doing what he loves since birth apparently. Everything from Clutch swaps on Lambo's to full on m5 swaps. C6 overhauls, to superchargers, its dumbfounding, He's amassed more information and wisdom inbetween his ears, than crews combined.
This little guy blew me away. I looked over several of his jobs and his attention to detail is simply AMAZING. I knew I had the right guy.. and so the hunt for parts began..

Soon I had accumulated this by March of 2007..

and then I started..
First SOS carbon Fiber Type R hood

and began to rip my baby apart ..

This was the Chaos that was my "garage" at one point...

The list became SOS CF hood, Vinny's Side Skirts from florida, I actually DROVE down to florida to get them, Vinny's AWESOME, WW rear spats, and an OEM front bumper with a WW front lip, and Cantrel GT wide front Fenders, amongst the many more tid bit parts along the way...

I wanted the WW front lip molded on and the center Fin in the bumper cut out... needless to say not an easy project... So I slapped everything together to take the car up to Sami at Elite Motors...

and this is what it looked like before he go his hands on it..

Then I took her up to Sami's and we talked alot about the car and what i wanted. He wanted to know exactly what i wanted and he gave a lot of feedback..

we eventaully decided the GT fenders were not flowing with the car, and Sami also decided he wanted to rework the rocker panels to something more unique and better flowing...
and so Sami went to work..

Here's his version of the Marga Hills side's... I'm sure they'll soon be refered to as Sami's Rocker Panels...lol
253145354.jpg

Notice the reworking of the rear of the skirts for a much better flush fitting and then the awesome redo of the front..
253145368.jpg

and more of Sami's work in progress

253144929.jpg

253145015.jpg

253145090.jpg

253145167.jpg

I hated the huge 1980 amber corners, so I Had Sami fill in the hole and set up some s2k side markers. He filled in the void with aluminum, and welded it in... awesome work..
253145234.jpg

Look at the detail work, before painting he removed ALL the moldings, the side mirrors, key holes, everything, awesome awesome detail work...
253145296.jpg

..and then the Front bumper... molding it together and removing the center fin.....
253145327.jpg

253145341.jpg

..And then AFTER PAINT!!!!

253146166.jpg

253146172.jpg

253146180.jpg

253146195.jpg

254562468.jpg

254562479.jpg

254562486.jpg

254562498.jpg

254567247.jpg

254563744.jpg

254563768.jpg

254566535.jpg

CHECK OUT THESE Skirts!! What do you guys think!!!
254566586.jpg

254563695.jpg

Finally took her home after a few weeks of insanely hard work by Sami and finished off
some details to get her ready for NSX-Stock '07...

Freaking BEAUTIFUL!!! I can not tell you how in LOVE i am with the car. Every vision i had, was brought to life by Sami and His guys...

Then came NSX-Stock and I decided I really really wanted some fresh corn LOL
and then spun the car right into a corn field LOL...

and here I am holding the fish of the day...

LESSON TO BE LEARNED - DON'T EVER LIFT!!!!! lol

I called up Sami that same day and He actually came down to Bridgewater to meet up with the guys a clean up my mess haha. What am awesome guy. He took the car back home with him to take to the shop, and hopefully in a few weeks i'll get the car back as good as new..

If you guys are looking for amazing work, give Sami a call at Elite... 201.618.0909 or email him [email protected]

Let me know what you guys think!!!!!
-Joey

Last edited:
Joey where are the pictures! haha good thing you finally got to post the thread. i spoke to sami today.
Desmond.

Here let me fix the last pic for you.
253145354.jpg

Last edited:
Love the side skirts.

I would have had the front lip transition a little better into the front bumper but overall, very nice.

The NSX looks 10x better with a matching roof.

How much are Vinny's side skirts?

After NSX-Stock theres been a TON of interest into these side skirts... Sami over at Elite said if there were a few who were really interested he'd being willing to make them...

7-10 people and he'd set something up for Prime members... you guys interested??

-Joey

How much are Vinny's side skirts?

To tell you the truth Vinny doesn't really make them anymore, it was like a miracle that he agreed to make them for me...people have been waiting for years for a set from him.

But hopefully Sami will get enough interest to make his set and there would be a next generation side skirt on the scene.

-Joey

Fantastic write-up. Car looks terrific now. Great job. I just can't believe you threw the Acura emblem on after all that work. Why ruin a perfect paint and bumper with a belt buckle?

Fantastic write-up. Car looks terrific now. Great job. I just can't believe you threw the Acura emblem on after all that work. Why ruin a perfect paint and bumper with a belt buckle?

You guys really think the Acura Emblem is that hideous???

I grew rather fond of it lol

While that car is back at the shop i might have them shave it off... but really?? you guys hate it that much??

-Joey

He actually used another polyurethane type plastic to mold it.. he did some crazy research into it until he came across a new 3M product that was the answer to all questions urethane related haha
-Joey

surprised you used widebody fenders only. You'll have a headache trying to fill that fender gap.

I went back and replaced the wide fenders with the stock ones, the cantrel GT's just don't flow right with the car... that fender gap is ridiculus..

and yes the whole car was repainted :biggrin:
-Joey

You guys really think the Acura Emblem is that hideous???

I grew rather fond of it lol

While that car is back at the shop i might have them shave it off... but really?? you guys hate it that much??

-Joey

car looks great, just need to lower it a tiny bit in front....and keep the "A " badge, cars look odd for some reason without a badge IMO:redface:

It cracks me up that some people are ashamed of an "A" badge:rolleyes:
Be proud!!!:biggrin:

Yea, lower it a little more and your golden.

car looks great, just need to lower it a tiny bit in front....and keep the "A " badge, cars look odd for some reason without a badge IMO:redface:

It cracks me up that some people are ashamed of an "A" badge:rolleyes:
Be proud!!!:biggrin:

I don't have an "A", and its not because I am "ashamed". Any good designer will tell you that extras always ruin a beautiful form, which the NSX is. Extras are things that are tacked onto the body like keyholes, door handles, side marker lights, fuel filler doors, antennas, badges, and so on.

If you look at any Concept Car, there is none of that stuff. Not even door handles many times. Because they take away from the original form.

If you see a beautiful woman, does she need a sticker on her forehead to tell you what she is?

My feeling is that beauty is appreciated by something deeper than your thoughts. The moment you put a badge on a car, you are eliciting opinions and judgment about it. Whether it's good or bad, how old it is, what it costs, and so on. You are now too busy evaluating it as a Honda, an Acura, a BMW, a Bentley, cheap, expensive, fast, slow, reliable, unreliable, etc. See how quickly opinions are formed when someone asks "it's beautiful, what is it?" and you answer "Honda" or "Acura". No longer are they looking at the car and its form. This may sound odd, but many artists revel in the viewer not quite being able to put a label on their art. It's only then that you can see the object without clouded judgment.

If you think the car looks odd because it has no badge smack in the middle of its nose, its because you have grown accustomed to seeing that thing there. Live without it for a few weeks, and then you will see what is odd, is the badge being there.

met Sammi this morning to go over my car as some of the members on primne saw the shitty work that Legendary had did. Sammi's work is unreal. Also, saw this car in person, the paint work came out really nice paint matches perfect, I would highly recommend this guy for anybody work. Frank

like I said, "IMO" it looks odd without a badge...It's not an artistic or intellectual thing for me, it just reminds me of a kit car to me without a badge on...and yes I like the looks of a badge on cars...Thats just my opinion:redface:

like I said, "IMO" it looks odd without a badge...It's not an artistic or intellectual thing for me, it just reminds me of a kit car to me without a badge on...and yes I like the looks of a badge on cars...Thats just my opinion:redface:

Well.... you do have a nice large badge on the left front fender I kinda like... :biggrin:

met Sammi this morning to go over my car as some of the members on primne saw the shitty work that Legendary had did. Sammi's work is unreal. Also, saw this car in person, the paint work came out really nice paint matches perfect, I would highly recommend this guy for anybody work. Frank

Sami's work is really incredible... so you checked out my car today =) haha
what do ya think haha

-Joey

Hey everyone what's going on, This is Sam owner of Elite. I just wanted to start off saying thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it, means a lot coming from you guys. I met up with a few of you on Sunday at the meet and you all are a real cool bunch of people, and I'm hoping we'll be doing some business in the near future. When it comes to cars we can basically do it all anything from mechanical to maintenance, performance, stereo, custom interior work, body, and as you see above paint, your imagination will be our creation. I really take pride in my work, and customer satisfaction is what I try and work the hardest on to achieve with every customer. I have worked on my share of exotics and know what kind of detailed work they require and expect to do that same work on any of your cars in the future. I will be posting pics of some of our work on these boards for you guys to see and if you have something in mind you can reach me directly at 201-618-0909, or email me at [email protected]

Thanks again
Sam
Elite Motors

Back