• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My ScienceofSpeed Supercharger Build & Review

No... your not right...

What I'm saying is Thank You...

Thank you for motivating me to build something that wasent available to you.... is now available to you... at a price less than other parts it is superior to...

Thank you motivating others to buy a more expensive less functional part instead of the one you applauded to be made.

Your actions are extremely honorable...

I am proud of you for your purchase...

And Thank You for the insult.. I will take it as motivation to continue to help NSX owners.... NSX owners just like you.

Your welcome I'm glad I helped motivate you to build something for the NSX community. In your eyes I'm motivating others to what you say is a "more expensive and less functional part" I do not see how I'm doing this? I did buy the SOS brace last year and the part is functioning in my car so far with no problems as well as many others who have it saying they have no issues. I did pay you thanks for mentioning loose bolts and in spring I would check again, just in case the bolts didn't seat properly and could possibly come loose over time. Same thing could happen to any RTSB or any part on an NSX for that matter that was my point. Thats why I asked you if you ever re-torque wheels when installed new, because its a possibility same thing could happen there with bolts coming loose. But are you saying I'm wrong for thinking the same could happen to your product or anyone else's products?

Nowhere did I say your RTSB was not a quality part, or made any negative reference on price, or to you, or your parts, nor did I tell anyone not to buy it. So why are you crapping on me and on my thread... because I didn't buy your brace? I don’t' have to explain my choices to you, or anyone for that matter. You say I've insulted you here but you've made me feel insulted so thanks for that! I didn't insult you and sorry if you see it that way, I simply asked you a question of which you still did not answer by the way? You just said I was wrong?... :confused:

I give every vendor here fair chance & careful consideration when purchasing parts and services for my NSX. It’s my baby and I want the very best for it, I never dismissed you or your products or services and I'm under the impression after reading your response that you are attacking me based on my personal choice of product and vendor? :confused: I've been a customer of SOS since day one, I don't have to expect Chris to take care of me because I know he would without me asking. If he didn't over the years I would have taken my business elsewhere long time ago.

I've come to expect a certain level of professionalism, etiquette, courteous behaviour and conduct and service from every vendor here including you. You show the opposite when you write things like " Your actions are extremely honorable... I am proud of you for your purchase... And Thank You for the insult.. I will take it as motivation to continue to help NSX owners.... NSX owners just like you."

With that being said let me ask you this... Do you demonstrate a professional attitude and etiquette and behave with integrity at all times? Do you conduct yourself in a professional courteous manor? Do treat your peers, competition, current, and possible future customers such as myself with the respect and consideration? Do you expect me to ever buy and promote how good your products are now? I thought you left the community... didn't you turn your back on us and walk out... is this not your comment?

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1340083&postcount=35

I created this thread to share my experiences on my SOS S/C build with others who might be interested. At the end of the day people can draw their own conclusions and make there own decisions on what to buy. Don't put me down because you have issues with SOS... if you have a problem take it up with Chris and not one of his customers.

Regards,

NSXCessive,

What's your PSI and HP/TQ after the intercooler install?

If memory served me right when Driving Ambition installed my SOS SC + Laminova I lost 3psi~ with the Laminova IC. The pulley was suppose to be a 13 psi pulley and I ended up making just a little over 10psi~.

I was making 405rwhp and over 300rwtq on 91 octane with OEM cats. Both cats and engine have over 105k miles.

Also, once you run stickier tires like the Z1 (275/35/18) in the back there will be almost no slippage. The NSX just takes off from a rolling start as if it was AWD.

I am so torn on putting an SC into my NSX! I love NA power, but everytime I see super clean SC engine bays (like ALL of the NSX pics in this thread) I get a very strong sense of lust... What do!? :mad:

Great cars and products everyone.

I am so torn on putting an SC into my NSX! I love NA power, but everytime I see super clean SC engine bays (like ALL of the NSX pics in this thread) I get a very strong sense of lust... What do!? :mad:

Call Chris at SOS and have him take care of you! You will not be disappointed.

A supercharger transforms the car.

At ~2500 rpm my car is making ~12.5 LBS of boost. The car comes alive.
I had a Comptech High boost SC for years. Very nice but the larger displacement Supercharger and Intercooler is amazing.

I see you are in CA. I will be at Laguan Seca on 3-16-2011 Show and I'll give you a ride. I am one of the instructors.
I am also a Track Masters Instructor. :)

Later,
Don

Last edited:
Richie

I can say emphatically that Chris is true to his word and his service is unwavering along with the quality of his parts. Pm me on the intercooler.

I've been a long time customer of SOS & I'm not worried Chris is a man of his word. I will stick to the people with a professional attitude, proper etiquette, and some who won't scoff or lash out at me for my personal choices. I build my car to suit me. :biggrin:

The Intercooler package has arrived & waiting for install in spring when the car is back out of storage.

So far so good with the SOS brace. :smile:
I had the Comptech for about 5 years and had no issue with it.

Went to the SOS brace when I updated the Supercharger and added the Intercooler.

As I recall the mounting locations are the same as the factory brace.

Excellent never heard of anyone having issues with the old Comptech brace. Yes you are correct it mounts to the OEM brackets, I haven't had any problems with mine so far.

NSXCessive,

What's your PSI and HP/TQ after the intercooler install?

If memory served me right when Driving Ambition installed my SOS SC + Laminova I lost 3psi~ with the Laminova IC. The pulley was suppose to be a 13 psi pulley and I ended up making just a little over 10psi~.

I was making 405rwhp and over 300rwtq on 91 octane with OEM cats. Both cats and engine have over 105k miles.

Also, once you run stickier tires like the Z1 (275/35/18) in the back there will be almost no slippage. The NSX just takes off from a rolling start as if it was AWD.

I haven't installed yet man won't be in until spring car is in storage behind a snow bank. I guess you are running a different pulley on your car than I am? Chris did mention I would loose some psi as well on the 9-10psi pulley I was hitting 11~12psi on my AEM Gauge in cooler weather with current non-intercooled setup. I expect to loose 1-1.5psi afterwards so once back on the dyno I will know for sure. I'm expecting a 20~30hp increase guess we'll see I put down after the intercooler.

Thanks for the compliments :smile: I'm very happy the way my build has turned out, I'm all about clean looking cars & installs. I've had people look into the back window and think the S/C is a pretty cool looking air intake, until they notice its belt driven :wink: Don't get me wrong factory power on the NSX is good, but adding the S/C brings it into modern day performance and power. The car should have come like this from factory... at least the last few years that is :wink:

I had a Comptech High boost SC for years. Very nice but the larger displacement Supercharger and Intercooler is amazing.

I see you are in CA. I will be at Laguan Seca on 2-16-2011 Show and I'll give you a ride. I am one of the instructors.
I am also a Track Masters Instructor. :)

Later,
Don

I agree it transforms the car, the pictures don't do it justice! I say let Don take you for a ride on the track!

lol I'll send you a pic of my dirty engine bay if it will make you feel better :tongue:

If it's supercharged I will still be lustful...only with a bottle of simple green in my hand for ya!

I see you are in CA. I will be at Laguan Seca on 2-16-2011 Show and I'll give you a ride. I am one of the instructors.
I am also a Track Masters Instructor. :smile:

Later,
Don

Thanks for the offer, sorry I didn't respond. I was out of town that weekend in southern CA taking care of my mother (breast cancer) I used to be up in norcal I run with NASA (I'm a NASA safety tech) though I have heard good things about Trackmasters. Let me know a little in advance next time you head to Laguna Seca (shoot me a PM) I would love to take my car out there, I have run Sears Point and T-hill for years now, but never Seca sadly. I would also really enjoy taking a ride in an SOS supercharged beast to really set my mind on whether or not I would pull that particular trigger.

Thanks for the compliments :smile: I'm very happy the way my build has turned out, I'm all about clean looking cars & installs. I've had people look into the back window and think the S/C is a pretty cool looking air intake, until they notice its belt driven :wink: Don't get me wrong factory power on the NSX is good, but adding the S/C brings it into modern day performance and power. The car should have come like this from factory... at least the last few years that is :wink:

EVERYONE SAYS THAT! I need to take a ride (possibly a drive around the block) in a supercharged car...sometime.

Thanks for the offer, sorry I didn't respond. I was out of town that weekend in southern CA taking care of my mother (breast cancer) I used to be up in norcal I run with NASA (I'm a NASA safety tech) though I have heard good things about Trackmasters. Let me know a little in advance next time you head to Laguna Seca (shoot me a PM) I would love to take my car out there, I have run Sears Point and T-hill for years now, but never Seca sadly. I would also really enjoy taking a ride in an SOS supercharged beast to really set my mind on whether or not I would pull that particular trigger.

Oops Typo. I'll be there next month 3-16-2011:)
2-16 would have been yesterday and well a little wet.

Last edited:
nsxengine01.jpg

nsxengine02.jpg

nsxengine03.jpg

nsxengine04.jpg

awesome build Richie! Glad the car is running the way you intended it to!

btw.. Ill always stand by Chris and the rest of the SOS crew.. they go out of their way to make people happy and have always delivered one of the best customer services attitudes Ive felt in forever.

Another clean install, noticed your SOS emblem is on top of the S/C, mine is on the side did yours come like that or did you put it there? Thanks for the pics now I know what the intercooler will look like once installed.

awesome build Richie! Glad the car is running the way you intended it to!

btw.. Ill always stand by Chris and the rest of the SOS crew.. they go out of their way to make people happy and have always delivered one of the best customer services attitudes Ive felt in forever.

Thanks man I'm looking forward to getting the intercooler in & a full season of S/C driving comon' spring! I do agree with you on SOS as well. :smile:

thanks,

I'm going to visit Driving Ambition this Friday to have the following:

1. Dyno with the STMPO exhaust (last time I got 405rwhp with OEM cats with 110k miles that are partially clogged + CT exhaust)

2. I have an oil leak - might be a valve cover gasket

3. Installing these since there are already stories of higher HP/TQ NSXs that are snapping driveline parts. it's cheaper to have the preventive stuff installed than to deal with a KABOOM. You should look into this to mitigate grief.

Last edited:
Batmans, post your results after Shad tunes your car. He's going to be rebuilding my block and re-tune and dyno mine soon, so im interested to see what you get compaired to mine. I have no ic like you, but my rebuild should wake it up quite a bit. I have a comptech sc, comptech headers, comptech cat deletes, comptech cat-back, and RC injectors

Batmans, post your results after Shad tunes your car. He's going to be rebuilding my block and re-tune and dyno mine soon, so im interested to see what you get compaired to mine. I have no ic like you, but my rebuild should wake it up quite a bit. I have a comptech sc, comptech headers, comptech cat deletes, comptech cat-back, and RC injectors

I shall post (something that I like to do).

Why are u rebuilding and are u upgrading parts?

.....noticed your SOS emblem is on top of the S/C, mine is on the side did yours come like that or did you put it there?......

Not sure why the difference, probably has to do with it being one of the earlier ones since it came from another NSX owner that had it for less than 1k miles.

I shall post (something that I like to do).

Why are u rebuilding and are u upgrading parts?
Last year while upgradeing the fuel system, shad found that my compretion wasnt up to par. Id like to do a aftercooler and a set of cams, but the rebuild is pretty pricey. The only upgrade will be the oversize block bore & hone (just under 3.2). For now.:biggrin:

Last year while upgradeing the fuel system, shad found that my compretion wasnt up to par. Id like to do a aftercooler and a set of cams, but the rebuild is pretty pricey. The only upgrade will be the oversize block bore & hone (just under 3.2). For now.:biggrin:

Which cams are u looking at? 114?

Back