• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Wheel Setup 20" & 18" Pics.

nsx_pr said:
No problem at all
No rubbing
No TCS problem.
The handling is awesome better than stock wheels.
I have Eibach springs.

To each is own esthetically, fortunately, but I challenge the accuracy of claims to better than stock handling due to the wheels. They are certainly heavier than stock as are the tires of course, and that is always a substantial negative to overall handling. The T1-S may in fact offer better grip, but they would work even better on 17 or 18 inch wheels.

I agree SJS, but I am guessing the initial turn in due to lower sidewalls has created this initial impression. Much like what my Mini Cooper S felt like with run flats. Unfortunately as the speeds increased, they plowed like a Boston Whaler. But what fun at legal speeds.

TitaniumVtec said:
PHOEN$X - I'm not new to the boards but my avitar is. Just a South Floridian that is happy to have NSX again.
Welcome back! I thought perhaps you were ilya reincarnated. I believe he also used that avatar.

Hehe.. interesting. with that setup i'd think a nice 14" BBK would fill it out quite nicely. Asthetically, I think it looks much more balanced when the brakes are proportional to the wheels.. also nice for track duty...

I hope this doesn't come across as criticism, however I'm always slightly puzzled by modifications like this. I understand that you consciously sacrificed performance for image. And by putting an emphasis on image I imagine that you hope others will appreciate the upgrade as you do.

But the bottom line is the NSX is a performance car and anyone that understands vehicle dynamics will know that its performance has been considerably compromised. This creates a negative perception (there's already a whiff of it on this thread) and I would have thought this undermines what you're ultimately trying to accomplish. :confused:

nsx_pr said:
I thinking to get the bremebo 6 piston. the same brake kit of THWB user. I have to check if they can fit with these wheels.

Generally speaking, it's more prudent to have purchased (and installed) the big brake kit before buying the wheels.

Look's good! I love those Axis wheels on a black car.
Do you have a pic from the rear, so we can see how wide those tires look. :D
How is you camber on the rear's?

nsx_pr,

Did you try the 19X8's on the front?

Damn...............I love it!!!! Your car looks bad ass with just the rims alone!!!! Put some ww pieces and margihill side steps, and think I will just die!!! or at least trash my 17/18 combo....May I ask what the set cost? thks Brent:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sweet...

Don't let the negative comments get you down, your ride looks awesome and it's got everything to do with the wheel size. The NSX isn't always about performance because it spends more time looking good than performing as good as it looks.

Never thought of going with a 2" wheel size difference but it looks like it works. That'll keep the tire prices down too! Great pix, post more... BTW, get a better camera :)

Lets see, you have a guy who took the time to tell us what HE did, tell how it worked based on what he did, answer all questions that he can, and what does he get?
The professional GUESSERS telling him what he has said is wrong, instead why don't the professional guessers try telling what they have tried and what their results were.

i cant wait i want to see 19/20
ditto
:D

But the bottom line is the NSX is a performance car and anyone that understands vehicle dynamics will know that its performance has been considerably compromised. This creates a negative perception (there's already a whiff of it on this thread) and I would have thought this undermines what you're ultimately trying to accomplish.

No this is your bottom line. You could also criticize all the suv owners who dont use their cars for off road duties. I want to ultimately create a nice cruiser with import scene styling cues 19/20 inch wheels are part of that look. This objective has definately not been undermined.

Not everyone who owns an NSX cares about track racing or associated performance or that the orginal design intention has been compromised. The negative perception on this thread may be from members who just cant accept people like different things. Get used to it, its gunna happen a lot more. Especially as older models are becoming more affordable to the younger molesters of the original NSX design ;)

Last edited:
Arata said:
Lets see, you have a guy who took the time to tell us what HE did, tell how it worked based on what he did, answer all questions that he can, and what does he get?
The professional GUESSERS telling him what he has said is wrong, instead why don't the professional guessers try telling what they have tried and what their results were.
:rolleyes:

I don't see any "GUESSES" in any of the posts, and I don't see anyone saying that what he did is "WRONG". Shame on you for making false accusations.
nono.gif

I DO see quite a few people who have posted that they don't care for what he did, and quite a few others who do like it. That's strictly a matter of personal opinion, and it is their right to express their opinions here without being told what they can and cannot say.

sjs, who is quoted above, is not a "professional guesser". He has as much technical knowledge as anyone on these forums, and he has gained it from experience. We are lucky that he bothers to share his knowledge with us.

When you hang around here for a few years - which you have not yet done - you will find that there are some people who are all bluster, and there are some people whose advice you can count on without hesitation. sjs is one of the latter.

I would suggest you spend more time absorbing knowledge from the experts, and less time showing your ignorance of the background that others bring here.

I am sorry you feel that his or anyones tenure here allow statements without the needed facts to back them up.
I have no doubt that his and others have great knowledge, but that does not put them above backing up what they say.

Need updates...19's in front yet? Need more and better quality photos.....Car looks awesome!!!!!!! :biggrin:

Darn... And I had issues with 315/30/18s out back, and 245/35/17s up front. :D

Back