• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My Wife's New Invention

Just bounced this off of the most militant environmentalist I know.

She says:

She'd never buy it because the food is touching plastic. She says steaming in plastic leaches chemicles into the food, especially if the food is acidic.

She strongly suggested that you make as much of what touches food metal.

She agreed that most would buy it with the plastic though and only the conscientious would not.

LOL...you said 'militant.'

How weird. I was just thinking about this thread yesterday.

My wife brought it up. Our little one is due in November, and in about a year or so she will be looking for a product like this one.

I figured i would revive the thread hoping for an update. I also PM'd the OP.

The email address from the website is a dead link- I got MailerDaemon'ed

Philip

Last edited:
No updates yet. I had a bad falling out with the engineering company that was producing our prototypes because he kept asking for more money, and the prototypes he was showing me were not even close to where they needed to be to be displayed at trade shows.

I recently contacted a high end engineering company in Research Triangle North Carolina, and I need to invest $80,000 to $100,000 to make a fully functional prototype that is ready for prime time.

I recently started a solo law practice, and I really can't afford to make such an investment right now. So, the project is on hold indefinitely. Any ideas?

No updates yet. I had a bad falling out with the engineering company that was producing our prototypes because he kept asking for more money, and the prototypes he was showing me were not even close to where they needed to be to be displayed at trade shows.

I recently contacted a high end engineering company in Research Triangle North Carolina, and I need to invest $80,000 to $100,000 to make a fully functional prototype that is ready for prime time.

I recently started a solo law practice, and I really can't afford to make such an investment right now. So, the project is on hold indefinitely. Any ideas?

The most obvious that come to mind would be:
#1 If you truly believe in this idea and think it is a sure hit then simply borrow the money. If i had an idea that i knew couldn't miss and had no funds to proceed i would mortgage my house to make it happen.

#2 Get investors. If your not so sure and don't want to risk your money then find people who are willing to. I have people all of the time try and buy into my company and i'm not even trying to sell it so i am sure that if you marketed the idea to people who have the money to invest and they thought it viable then you should easily to be able to come up with the funds you need to proceed.

#3 Forget about it. I can't tell you how many ideas i have had in the past that were sure fire moneymakers but i simply didn't have the time or money to pursue them.

You must be a pretty smart guy with some available resources if your able to start your own law practice so you have to ask yourself one simple question; which is a better investment, your law practice or your wife's invention?

Hi,
PM me, I think I can help. We have a 20,000 sq ft. manufacturing company that can make almost anything from scratch. Do you have the drawings? or is that something that must be done as well? Do you know what type(s) of material to use?

If you'd like you can pm me or email me for further assistance.

Take Care and good luck,
Hedi

Isn't it a lot like this??

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku5279732/index.cfm?pkey=xsrd0m1%7C16%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7C%7Cbaby%20cooking&cm%5Fsrc=SCH

From Williams-Sonoma

Beaba Babycook
The French baby-food maker that has won praise throughout Europe is finally available to American families. This compact countertop appliance multitasks as a steamer, blender, warmer and defroster to prepare fresh, healthy meals for baby. It starts by steam cooking vegetables, fruits, meat and fish in less than 15 minutes, preserving their vitamins and flavors, then purees or blends them to the desired consistency. You can also use it to quickly reheat or defrost precooked foods. With it comes a 2 1/2-cup plastic bowl, cooking basket, spatula and recipe booklet. The bowl and basket are dishwasher safe. 11" x 5 1/2" x 8" high. A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.

Back