• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mythbusters: Myth#1: are all NSXs in Sydney red?

please see attached photos from the weekend's drive day........2 reds, 1 black, 1 silver and 1 green........i think we can conclude that this myth is busted!!! We can also conclude that this myth is only spread by NSX owners (and 1 non-NSX owner) living in Melbourne.

Attachments

• mini-IMG_8809.JPG
    mini-IMG_8809.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 104
  • mini-IMG_8805.JPG
    mini-IMG_8805.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 64
  • mini-IMG_8802.JPG
    mini-IMG_8802.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 68
  • mini-IMG_8799.JPG
    mini-IMG_8799.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 56
  • mini-IMG_8797.JPG
    mini-IMG_8797.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 73
NSXclubofAustralia said:
please see attached photos from the weekend's drive day........2 reds, 1 black, 1 silver and 1 green........i think we can conclude that this myth is busted!!! We can also conclude that this myth is only spread by NSX owners (and 1 non-NSX owner) living in Melbourne.

But the myth that Australian's like OEM wheels...thats a different story!:wink:

(I must be an Auzzi!)

Nice pics but be careful you don't create a second myth that all NSXs in Sydney are bone-stock! Nico where were you?!

Good to see you Sydney guys having fun in the sun :smile:

AU_NSX said:
Not until you learn to spell... "Aussie" :biggrin:

Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie Aussie

Now I'm getting on a plane and heading down for your next meet! :biggrin:

Red said:
Now I'm getting on a plane and heading down for your next meet! :biggrin:

Going by your name, Red, you'd fit in very well in Sydney. However I see in your profile that you've removed your ash tray... I'm not sure how that would go down with the Sydney crowd. I think up there you've either gotta leave it absolutely stock (see above), turn it into a fire-breathing monster (AU_NSX) or make it 100% "phully sick" so that you get on TV being issued with a "wanker ticket" (Nico!! Just kidding mate your car is hot!). There's no in-between. But what do I know, I'm new around here :)

OzzieJohn said:
Going by your name, Red, you'd fit in very well in Sydney. However I see in your profile that you've removed your ash tray... I'm not sure how that would go down with the Sydney crowd. I think up there you've either gotta leave it absolutely stock (see above), turn it into a fire-breathing monster (AU_NSX) or make it 100% "phully sick" so that you get on TV being issued with a "wanker ticket" (Nico!! Just kidding mate your car is hot!). There's no in-between. But what do I know, I'm new around here :)

What's a wanker ticket? Sounds like a right of passage!

I just ordered the JIC coilovers, 25mm spacers, NSX-R rear badge, I have the NSR-R hood, I'm about to put a PIE Adapter in and drop in the NSX-R Re-bars and non-compliance rear links - and of course the ashtray and I'm running GREY mats (vs. Yellow) and a Momo shifter.

Since winter there is summer here and vice versa I should ship my car down next month!

But with all this Aus for the Australians thing happening, will they let me in?

OzzieJohn said:
Nice pics but be careful you don't create a second myth that all NSXs in Sydney are bone-stock!

that is more fact than myth...........

NSXclubofAustralia said:
what chance does this guy have of selling these plates:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HONDA-NSX-NU...QQihZ020QQcategoryZ128288QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He must have the only Red NSX in Victoria!!! :biggrin:

Great find!... It would be an even greater feat to find a red NSX anywhere in Victoria! Red NSX's are as plentiful as the four headed, man-eating haddock fish beast of Aberdeen...

I reckon he's just purchased them on spec when he found out how much those plates went for at auction in Sydney! ...

Silly bugger didn't do his research very well did he... :biggrin:

Last edited:
I've never understood those types of plates. REDNSX? Is this $650 soley for the benefit of the colourblind? To me it just seems a waste of a custom plate to be stating the bleeding obvious! Can anyone enlighten me here?

By the way.... you guys know that NEO looks forward to owning a RED NSX???? But at least he knows where to go to find them all when the time comes, and I doubt it'll be stock for long :)

OzzieJohn said:
By the way.... you guys know that NEO looks forward to owning a RED NSX???? But at least he knows where to go to find them all when the time comes, and I doubt it'll be stock for long :)

hehe... Shhh.... you'll get me in trouble with Dippy and the melbourne boyz. :D

OzzieJohn said:
I've never understood those types of plates. REDNSX? Is this $650 soley for the benefit of the colourblind? To me it just seems a waste of a custom plate to be stating the bleeding obvious! Can anyone enlighten me here?

I never understood this either, we call them vanity plates (any plate with words or special order stuff on them) - obviously these people are vain but they have nothing to say.:rolleyes:

I'd get one that said fckngfst or something IF I were to consider it. I like running standard plates, preferably with very mixed up letters and numbers (Ontario format is "wxyz 123") that way there is little chance of someone remembering, "oh, yeah Officer, the guy who was speeding and cut me off causing me to crash had a license plate that said, "Big Boy":wink:

Back