• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA Engine Dressups... Show me your stuff..

I have a pretty much stock engine in my 91. I'm thinking about dressing it up a little with some inexpensive enhancements :cool: . I thought I would reach out to my friends on prime to see what ideas are out there. I don't want to spend too much money, but dress it up a little. I'd be particularly interested in options where I can paint or cheaply purchase some low cost parts to step up the look a little. :confused:

Please post some pics and share some stories/tips on how you enhanced the look. :tongue:

My car is black w/black interior and chrome wheels. I'd like to keep with blacks, chromes, grays and Honda Red. Probably not interested in introducing additional colors. :rolleyes:

Please, Please post some pics to let me see what you've done... :redface:

I look forward to seeing your posts.

Thanks!!!

Attachments

• Engine-R.jpg
    Engine-R.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,903
  • Engine-L.jpg
    Engine-L.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 1,851
Last edited:
Getting a new intake also looks good. I have the injen intake, its cheap, sounds great, and looks awesome.

Please post pics if you have them. I'm very interested in the looks that folks have come up with and how much they've had to spend to get there.

I'm considereing paiting some parts and hand cleaning/polishing some others. Let me see whay you've come up with..

Thanks!

4741IntakeGruppeM_001.jpg

4741IntakeGruppeM_002.jpg

The nice thing about dressing up your engine bay is that you can do it one step at a time. I've added quite a few shiney parts over the last several years. Most are available through Science of Speed or Dali.

Keep us posted as to your progress.

Norm
94 Red

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 1,787
Norm is right. You can add one piece at a time. Norm's car is the one that prompted me to dress up my engine.

A good, cheap place to start is the fuse box cover. My fuse box cover was about $40 from a guy on Ebay (nice quality).

Two things I tried to do myself didn't work out very well were;
polishing the alt. with a dremel (takes forever unless you remove from car and separate) and spray painting an engine manifold cover.
I bought an extra plastic Honda cover and didn't like the look. I have a JDM cover on order.

There are some other posts about painting engine parts. It just didn't work for me.

To me step one is to make sure the bay is clean and dressed.

Attachments

• Engine800.jpg
    Engine800.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 2,210
pt91 said:
To me step one is to make sure the bay is clean and dressed.
pt91 is right. The NSX engine unfortunately is not particularly exotic looking. In fact with all the hoses, wires, and separate components/bits, it looks quite generic. The best and first thing to do is to keep it clean. Don't put those cheapy colorful wire loom stuff on hoses to make them stand out. Cheap stuff like that will just make the engine look cheap and tacky like what you will find in local ricer/import night's Civics.
Steve

Thanks
for the pics and keep em coming.

yes, Gerald, that is cheating :wink: , but I like the look anyway... I appriciate the pics.

Thanks PT91 for the link. Great tips on how to clean it. some of the stuff I've already done, but its good to see it writen down and some of the added tips...

You guys are great! these are some great thoughts. Please keep up tohe postings. I'm building a lits!!!

Thanks!
Rick

Last edited:
5758engine1.JPG
5758engine2.JPG

Disregard the factory coolant reservoir, It will be replaced.
The oil cap will be anodized black chrome.

:biggrin:

Last edited:
Jagtiger,
You've said it before, but would you please tell us again how you keep your engine looking like that?? Do you just never drive your NSX?? :smile: I don't see any obvious aftermarket parts on there. Could you list any that you have used?? I want mine to look like yours exactly. Thanks

Doc C

caseycarson said:
These are all nice....but there is something about Jagtiger's that is exceptionally clean and classy looking.....Hands down my favorite.

Hey...Thanks for the nice comment.. :redface:

Doc C said:
Jagtiger,
You've said it before, but would you please tell us again how you keep your engine looking like that?? Do you just never drive your NSX?? :smile: I don't see any obvious aftermarket parts on there. Could you list any that you have used?? I want mine to look like yours exactly. Thanks

Doc C

Hey Doc,

I drive my nsx as much as I can..as long as there's no salt on the road..rain is fine but I make sure I dry it off after ...Would you believe I rarely clean my engine bay...I'd say about only twice last year...usually I store the car during winter time using "the bubble" and I think it really helps preserve the car..keeping away from humidity and dust...
attachment.php

Regarding the parts..

1.Alternator and bar - polished it myself ..(10 hr job)
2."A" center piece and silver grey injector cover off from 2002 nsx
3.Dali Polished Coolant tank (1.5 hr )
4. Polished Oil Cap - got it from fellow member here
5. Polished fuse box cover - " " "

I use a little lexol vynlex for the rubber and plastic parts to protect it from UV rays...I think thats about it...nothing really out of the ordinary.. :smile:

All of the "how to" and instructions you can easily find in the DIY section. "Search" is also a big help...Good luck on the project and just let me know if I could be of any help. Regards!!! :smile:

Why do some of you have Acura logo's on thier engine cover while the majority of you guys have Honda logos? Is it model year specific or custom?

len3.8 said:
The oil cap will be anodized black chrome.

What a pity... I was going to ask what the sound was like from your custom colour-coded megaphone oil cap... :biggrin:

Actually I like that blue colour Len... Different!

if gerard can cheat! :wink:

Last edited:
Back