• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA1 NSX-R spotted in Beverly Hills

Just kidding, it's really my car :tongue: But I think i'm finally done with it. After trying out 4 sets of wheels, 3 wings, and swapping out numerous other parts i've finally decided to "keep it real" and keep the R/JDM look. Thanks to John (scorp965) for the R wing, I think it makes the car look a lot cleaner and "more exotic" as he said it. I've gotten a lot of positive response from my local crew of exotic car owners. I got a thumbs up today from the guy in the silver SLR Mclaren with the Fly Lufthansa race decals that I see around here on a daily basis, so I guess i'm good to go. While no Ferrari or Lambo I get way more than my share of attention and everybody would agree that I have one badass NSX. So here it is, my NA1-R variation. Let me know what you guys think........

2115306090085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2038474750085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2187500680085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2387673590085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2236070290085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2287216210085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2371353190085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2039763170085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2032400230085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2017960980085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2027238250085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

2990658790085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

This has nothing to do with my car, but is one of my other main hobbies. Seriously, does anybody have a better setup than this? :tongue:

2401289560085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

No cheap mods you have there. NA1-R wheels, Recaro seats, NA2-R wing, Taitec diffuser and aftermarket exhaust. I like. In one of the photo it looks like you are missing the radiator duct.

I dont have a NSX yet, But I do have Technics 1200! :biggrin:

Car looks great!!!!!!

Nice Simo looks sick! Thats it im rollin to b. hills. its on... im callin you on it. I want a piece of that older neighbor you were talkin bout!:wink:

that's keep'n it real. like the NA1-R wheels. Too bad the "white" doesn't show up well in the pictures but I'll bet it looks mean as hell in person.

Oh yeah, it is ~400lbs lighter than OEM? dayam!

That car is clean...we have similar cars. Please provide mor details on the wheels.

Thanks

Let me know what you guys think........

2187500680085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

Looks good Simo. Def the direction I'll be taking mine also.

This has nothing to do with my car, but is one of my other main hobbies. Seriously, does anybody have a better setup than this? :tongue:

2401289560085227403S600x600Q85.jpg

We need to talk bro...

my boy might be headlining out in Vegas next month, so we need to party together!

Check him out...

DJ PT

Nice Simo looks sick! Thats it im rollin to b. hills. its on... im callin you on it. I want a piece of that older neighbor you were talkin bout!:wink:

Chad, Valerie is moving off to Peru FOREVER in 2 weeks. No need to worry though as there are PLENTY of beautiful women around here. I have a new roommate who just moved up from SD, so the party is on. I'll hit u up when we have some girls over.

that's keep'n it real. like the NA1-R wheels. Too bad the "white" doesn't show up well in the pictures but I'll bet it looks mean as hell in person.

Oh yeah, it is ~400lbs lighter than OEM? dayam!

Yeah the wheels are in good shape, but it looks like the orignal paint. They are almost an off white, which is probably a product of aging..... I need to get them re-finished like you did with yours. Just when I thought I was done with everything your post and your car reminded me that it might be time to do the R hood now.......

That car is clean...we have similar cars. Please provide mor details on the wheels.

Thanks

Those are original NA1-R wheels.

No cheap mods you have there. NA1-R wheels, Recaro seats, NA2-R wing, Taitec diffuser and aftermarket exhaust. I like. In one of the photo it looks like you are missing the radiator duct.

Yeah, I tried not to cheapen the car by compromising on the quality of parts. Here is a final parts list for now:

Taitec JGTC exhaust
Dali straight pipes
Gruppe M headers
Recaro Pole Position seats
Simpson 3" 5pt cam lock racing harnesses
Carbon fiber guage trim
Billet guage cluster bezels
Billet coolant tank
Cantrell Concepts carbon fiber/lexan engine cover
I's Impact carbon fiber B pillar covers/exterior
Dali Carbon Fiber A pillars/interior
Dali carbon fiber B pillars/interior
NSX-R shift boot
Dali Type R titanium shift knob
Dali stainless steel Brake Lines
Down Force: CF rear window garnish
Taitec JGTC rear diffuser
Titanium Daves non-compliance clamps
Dali side induction scoop
Comptech unifilter
NA1-R wheels
Dali front tow hook
Oddsey 545 lightweight battery
Dali 1 1/8th inch Trophy front swaybar
Shine Auto front lip
Oyukama rear strut bar
Carbon fiber console
scorp965's NSX-R wing
JDM "H" taillights
JDM "H" front badge
NSX S-Zero suspension
Dali rear chassis stabilizer bar
NSX-R front chassis stabilizer bars
NRG quick release hub
Momo tuner steering wheel

ur car looks great
really deceiving from the front... as i was like this is just another NSX with wheels and other parts but from the side it looks mean.. and even from the back with the diffuser

are u doing anything with the front end?
like a hood or such?

my NA1-R variation. Let me know what you guys think........
Simo,

Well done, I applaud your effort for keeping it real. It is not easy to give up big wheels for the performance. Weight and performance you have both surpassed the NA1 or NA2 NSX-R. In pure performance sense, yes, NA1R worthy. It takes a ton of effort to get the weight below 2700lbs and beyond.

I think i'm finally done with it.
With the word "think", chances are you are not done yet:biggrin:. The day you convince yourself you are done for good. It is a great feeling and a huge relief.

Damn it Simo, you got me all uppity before I clicked this thread and then dropped the ball on me! :( :D lol
Love the R rear wing though, looks right at home with Red. :)

So I take it you sold that BAW (Big ASS Wing) of yours?

-Bill

Simo,

Well done, I applaud your effort for keeping it real. It is not easy to give up big wheels for the performance. Weight and performance you have both surpassed the NA1 or NA2 NSX-R. In pure performance sense, yes, NA1R worthy. It takes a ton of effort to get the weight below 2700lbs and beyond.

With the word "think", chances are you are not done yet:biggrin:. The day you convince yourself you are done for good. It is a great feeling and a huge relief.

You're right, now i'm talking about a hood and possibly going FI in the near future... Damnit!

are u doing anything with the front end?
like a hood or such?

That's probably next. After seeing how good Allen's hood came out I might go the same route as him as that seems to be the only decent functional R hood out there.

Damn it Simo, you got me all uppity before I clicked this thread and then dropped the ball on me! :( :D lol
Love the R rear wing though, looks right at home with Red. :)

So I take it you sold that BAW (Big ASS Wing) of yours?

-Bill

Sorry Bill, I like to drop bombs....... :smile: I guess it really would be a momentous occasion if I had taken pictures of a real NA1 R. I can run outside and take a picture of a Phantom if you'd like, or I know for a fact Bijon has his yellow f F430 spyder or black SLR parked out on Rodeo, but it wouldn't be the same I guess :frown:

I like it Simo...keep it clean. Good job I have to see it in person sometime. Come out to the Starbucks meet in Torrance sometime. :smile:

I like it Simo...keep it clean. Good job I have to see it in person sometime. Come out to the Starbucks meet in Torrance sometime. :smile:

Thanks Eddie. It took a lot of hair pulling and stress to decide on the look I wanted. Well worth it in the end. I'll try to make it down to one of the meets sometime....

love your dj setup as well.. but I prefer Serato with my 1200's ... heh :biggrin:

To each his own, the 1200's are classic, good stuff. If you're playing hip hop you have to keep it real and stick with the 1200's.

Sorry, no new pictures...just this old pic taken a few years ago.

damn.... didn't realize there were that many dj's on here.....
i'm gonna start a thread on the off topic section..... check it out.

Back