• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 center console color

I fooled around and put a small nick in the center console on an 04. Is there any information about a touch up color, paint code or anything to try and fix this?

I looked through the search and found a lot of stuff but as most talked about some shades of grey I think it might be the older color which was more grey. I believe the 02 and up or at some point went to a more "brownish" shade. Says that in the parts list for buying a new one. I hate to buy a new one to repair a 1/16 chip. But it bugs me as it is just to the foil and so it's a bright spot near the top that draws my eye and pisses me off frankly. What a dummy I am.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bill

I have the same problem. I bought the car used and it has a few marks on the center console. You can definitely see the silver color underneath the brownish silver color and it is annoying. I will probably have to change out the console someday.

Take your console and go to some high end large department store that caters to young women that like to spend their money.

They will have a million different shades of nail polish...which you can "test" because you want your girlfriends nails to match the interior in each of your cars.

I would have never thought of this and I wonder if this would really work. But I guess it iis worth a try. I'll look to see if there are shades in the range before I tear something out. Thanks for the idea, unusual though it is!

Bill

Take your console and go to some high end large department store that caters to young women that like to spend their money.

They will have a million different shades of nail polish...which you can "test" because you want your girlfriends nails to match the interior in each of your cars.

Wouldn't that be too shiny?? :confused:

Back