• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 Header onto NA1, Parts list?

Hello Primers,

I have searched the forum quite some time now and found various threads discussing the header swap but nowhere is absolutely clear which header now fits and what other parts are needed to make them work. Especially differences in length through the productions years make me wonder which one to buy. There has been one user saying only the 97-99 headers would work as perfect fit as the newer ones are 2cm short.

Who has done the swap on a 91-96 nsx and can tell me exactly what to buy?

I don't want aftermarket headers as we have kinda strict laws here and everything that is blingy blingy around the engine attracts too much attention of stupid cops. I am also not about the last 2 HP and therefore the OEM headers seem to be a good value for money upgrade on the 3.0 engine.

Also what else goes with the headers? Cats? adapters to fit the NA1 style exhaust?

ADDON:
As nobody seems to be interested in a complete list, here is what I have found:

Headers 97-99 (00+ is 2cm wrong in length)
Adaptors by SoS + O2 sensor extensions.
97-99 gaskets, new nuts and two studs

That will fit 91-96 plug and play, keeping the stock cats.

I may be corrected if I am wrong.

Cheers,
Bernhard

Last edited:
Your list is correct, but to clarify, only the rear 00+ header is 2 cm short. Technically speaking then, 97-05 front headers will fit. Depending on miles, you might want to think about replacing your O2 sensors while you're in there. Finally, make sure to use the NA2 nuts, as they are a better design than NA1.

HTH

So the List updated looks as follows:

Headers 97-99 (00+ has rear header 2cm short in length)

Adaptors by SoS/Pride + O2 sensor extensions.
97-99 gaskets, new nuts and two studs (All NA2 parts)

Optional:
New O2 sensors (on high mileage cars)

I read, that using the front bank sensor in the rear makes it fit without extending the cable. Then just the rear one needs to be extended to be used in the front which can be done DIY. This would push the extension cables off the list which is already nearly worth one of the O2 sensors so really worth it.

Bernhard

Depending on the year of your car, 91-94 are different from a 95-96 which don't need adapters. I'd also recommend you get the header guard as well to protect the O2 sensor.

GUARD, ENGINE (LOWER)11299-PR7-J001

<colgroup><col><col span="2"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Depending on the year of your car, 91-94 are different from a 95-96 which don't need adapters. I'd also recommend you get the header guard as well to protect the O2 sensor.

</tbody>

You found it! :D I also have this and couldn't find the part number. Definitely need it given the location of the O2 sensor on the NA2 front header.

</tbody>

$76.00 for this part.
My 91 has something like this. I made a minor modification for the O2 sensor wire when I installed my NA2 headers.
The 91 part is 11299-PR7-A00 GUARD, ENGINE (LOWER) $60.97 List, Sale Price $42.07

Brad

Last edited:
Back