• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Navigation

Hey all, I am new to this forum, just bought a 95 red and black nsx, low miles out of St louis. Previous i owned and tracked a 2001 S2000 with my eye always on the NSX and the opportunity to step up. I know little about the car but will spend year one getting to know the car bfore pursuing mods. The previous owner made some dhanges but i have not even gotten close to seeing everything that was modified. I am working on the car to assess the mods now. Any and all help is appreciated. Many stock items removed, but again I am not familiar enough with the car. Help me if you will, I am really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Congratulations jrd! Always good to see another NSX come in to Michigan. :smile:

Looking forward to photos and our upcoming (maybe :redface: ) driving season. "The Valley" = Roch Hills :biggrin:

Congrats and welcome! Can't wait for the snow to recede and potholes to be filled. Keep tuned to our other "spotting and check-in" thread for any planned drives/get togethers once it warms up.

Oh gosh, who did you buy this off of if you don't mind me asking? I am from STL area and know of only one red/black Nsx that has "mods" that was for sale.

Guys, its Sunday and i am finally getting back to this thread. I see that 3 of you are west side, I am in Rochester Hills and I understand the there is a pretty active group out there in the plymouth area that convenes occasionally. :et me know, I would like to meet up. To JDM, I bought my car from Frank Leta Acura. Like i said before, I have not done a survey on my car to determine the mods performed but i am getting ready to spend a couple hours with a certified nsx mechanic to survey the car. With my S2000 I did a number of NASA events for the past 2 years and intend on running 4-5 with my NSX begining in May in Pittsburg, Mid Ohio in June and Road America in August. I am scheduled for a 3 day driving event at Sebering in the Skip Barber School in April and plan to just drive and learn the car this first season. Here is a question: the previous owner has a nitrous tank in the trunk-I know nothing about nitrous other than Vin Diesel. I dont think i want the nitrous for streeet or track but wonder if he put nitrous in did he have to upgrade engine management to run it? I am really looking forward to getting on the road, I was so comfortable with my S2 I am kinda nervous if the "N" is going to feel anywhere near the same for "quick and nimble"? Any feedback is apprciated. I will post photos and experiences soon if the weather co-operates.

Well this is good. Not the guy I was thinking of. Which is a good thing you got it at Frank Leta.

As I have never heard of someone putting nitrous on an NSX, but yes the NSX is very nimble and quick. It's as light with more power and a lot wider, longer and better weight dist esp with the motor over the rear wheels. You can really push the NSX around corners a whole lot more than most cars bc the rear won't slide out.
Good luck with your endeavors as those sound like some fun days ahead!

Congrats and welcome! As a new member of the site, you should acquaint yourself with the NSX Wiki which can be found off the red action bar at the top of most pages. It has sections on modifications which you might be interested in. Also an online shop manual for a '91 but things didn't change much over the years. Enjoy.

a few questions about using the thread:
1) do you always resond on the thread you start if you want interaction?
2) whatis the best way to get answers to general questions about the dar or set up or modifications?
3) I read the wiki fairly completely but i surely am not as in tune to all the different versions or identifiers for specifics about the car-are there certain #'s in the vin that say what you have?
4) does anyone in the midwest track their car in scca or nasa or club events? I would love to see some fellow owner/drivers at the track.

Thanks, jrd95nsx
$

To run Nitrous, a piggyback ECU would at least be required to manage the shot........as the stock mapping would be wholly insufficient.

Compared to the S2000 (especially the early ones), due to the NSX's rearward weight bias it feels much more 'planted', at the cost of some of that 'nimbleness' you've grown accustom to.
On any course more open than a typical autocross, the NSX has the potential to be faster and just as engaging as the S2K.

In terms of your questions in post #9, I always ask the local crew here any question I might have before posting it up to the more General Discussion forums.......there is a great amount of local knowledge to tap into.
There are a few folks that track their NSX's at Waterford Hills, at their Open Track Days.
Check out the schedule (www.waterfordhills.com) to see if something fits, it's a neat little track right here in SE MI.

Brian

Last edited:
Back