• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Navpod bottom clip

Not sure where to post this but... one of the bottom clips has come off my Honda Nav Pod. Not a huge deal but I'd like knowing the clip is there and doing it's job. Does anybody have a clue on how to get just the clip??

Thanks for the reply! See attached photo. The clip I'm referring to is on the bottom of the unit. You can see I'm missing the one on the left. I assume this is a generic 'can be found anywhere' kind of thing, but it would sure help if there was a proper name or part number for it. I forget who made the bracket I'm using. I think it was probably SOS. It was a long time ago. Doesn't really matter here since the bracket connects to the top of the navpod and my issues are on the bottom :)

I've reached out directly to SOS to see if they can help.

IMG_20200317_090351.jpg

Last edited:
No it seems to be lost forever (perhaps deep inside my dash??) otherwise I would have glued it back as you suggest. I just dug up my vent assembly and it is missing *both* clips, so much for my idea of stealing one for the nav pod. Oh well, it's not the end of the world. Thanks for getting back to me.

The same clips might be used to retain the clock and corresponding vent.

Does anybody know of other Honda models that can be robbed for such a spring clip?

The part is not available on its own and has to be broken down from another unit.

Yeah it's almost for sure the same clip. Wish I hadn't lost both of them too. Sigh.

That's a good idea, if somebody knows another part that has the same clip. Crossing my fingers. I'd be willing to break down a much cheaper part, but not an NSX nav pod or vent assembly.

>Well - I just tried this, search eBay for "Acura tl AC vent".
>There were some possible prospects.

I appreciate the tip, but I've searched a few times and took an extended view of the photos...no similar clips.

I do doubt that these clips were only used on the NSX though...

Back