• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NBA Playoff thread

bada boom bada bing! and the whole city of boston is quiet.....:biggrin:

Joe Johnson, Dirk Nowitzski and Carmelo Anthony are All-Stars too but that doesn't make them a superstar, genius. There are stars, All-stars and superstars with the latter being in very limited company. BTW, you take the cake for being the biggest jerkoff newbie on these forums. You'll be the first A-hole to ever make my ignore list, congrats!

Very well said!! How do you set up the ignore list? :wink:

Let's Do It Thursday Lake Show!!!!!!! Whoever says Pao Gasol is not a superstar doesn't know basketball.

Jeff

I said it and I stand by it. Pao is a very good player, an All-Star and star player for sure. But Superstar is reserved for team beaters, spectacular players that can take over games. Guys that can go off for 50 points or take over defensively. Pao has never taken over a game and he is not the go to guy at the end of a game. He's actually the 3rd option at the end of the game. But he's a huge reason why the Lakers are where they are at.

Very well said!! How do you set up the ignore list? :wink:

User CP :)

Doc Rivers, in games where his team can close out a series on the road, is now 1-10.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJ8E0qJpgTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tJ8E0qJpgTU&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I said it and I stand by it. Pao is a very good player, an All-Star and star player for sure. But Superstar is reserved for team beaters, spectacular players that can take over games. Guys that can go off for 50 points or take over defensively. Pao has never taken over a game and he is not the go to guy at the end of a game. He's actually the 3rd option at the end of the game. But he's a huge reason why the Lakers are where they are at.

I didn't realize the differentiation in my hasty response.
I concur. Pao is not a superstar but an all star if you analyze it that way. I would definitely put him on the level of Carmelo and old Scottie pippen.
Jeff

Last edited:
who wants to bet if brown will be in the dunk competition next year:eek: hes had more than a couple great ones during the finals/playoff's

and, who has an extra pair of tickets to game 7 for me :biggrin:

So after I refuted every single one of your points earlier in this thread (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1315270&postcount=309), you come back to making even more laughable claims. Do you really know anything about basketball? I'm pretty sure its been proven than you don't.

Joe Johnson, Dirk Nowitzski and Carmelo Anthony are All-Stars too but that doesn't make them a superstar, genius. There are stars, All-stars and superstars with the latter being in very limited company.
Let's be clear, Dirk and Melo are not "Super-stars" in your book, which is a purely subjective term you have made up. No analyst uses this term whatsoever.

Just to show how little you really know, according to you:
But Superstar is reserved for team beaters, spectacular players that can take over games. Guys that can go off for 50 points or take over defensively.

*Carmelo's career high is 50 (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/carmelo_anthony/career_stats.html), he was 3rd in steals, and ranks in @ #10 for efficieny during the game.

*Dirk's career high is 53, ranks #1 in offensive boards, and in double doubles (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dirk_nowitzki/career_stats.html).

*All the stats used above were from this past season.

I said it and I stand by it. Pao is a very good player, an All-Star and star player for sure. Pao has never taken over a game and he is not the go to guy at the end of a game. He's actually the 3rd option at the end of the game. But he's a huge reason why the Lakers are where they are at.

So to explain the Game 5 Laker loss, you wrote the above statements in an attempt to marginalize Gasol yet he has been the most consistent player on the Lakers aside from Kobe. Even Kobe excused Gasol's performance in Game 5 because he had played well throughtout the series.

Still don't see your own stupidity?

Game 1 - Gasol had 23 pts (8-14), 14 rebs, most minutes, second highest points on the Lakers.

Game 2 - Gasol had 25pts, 8 rebs, outscored Bryant in that game.

Game 4 - Gasol 21 & 6, second highest point total behind Bryant.

Game 5 - Gasol was the only other Laker (aside from Bryant) who scored double digits.

Game 6 - Gasol 17 pts, 13 rebs, second highest in points.

Explain to me how Gasol is the 3rd option on the Lakers? You can't even state anything correctly about your own team. Without Gasol, the Lakers would not have won the championship in 2009.

we have Artest who is going to pull the shorts off of Pierce and KTFO that big baby and make him fall on his face while Doc Rivers is trying to usher him up the court.
Funny how this is probably the worst prediction ever. Artest has been a no show throughout the series (playing well in one game means nothing) and Big Baby dominated in games 4 & 5. Congrats on knowthing absolutely nothing about basketball.

Sorry Boston fans, but Perkins is out for game 7.

Game over. Unless Rasheed somehow learns to play basketball better than complain over the next 24 hours. There's going to be a big gap in the middle. Lakers win.

Sorry Boston fans, but Perkins is out for game 7.

Yeah that sucks to have your starting center out. I hope the refs don't decide the next game. LA played well yesterday. I thought fisher had a bunch of bs fouls called on him in game 5. Wallace gets a few of those too. The refs need to let the guys play.

Great series no matter what. Gasol and bynum have made huge improvements since 08. I hope they don't ruin bynum's carreer by pushing him to play on that knee.

Me thinks you think everyone thinks too highly of your thoughts...when, in actuality, no one really gives a damn.

I could care less if you value my posts or not. I just find it ironic that Malibu Rappers holds his opinion so highly yet absolutely knows nothing about basketball.

Yeah that sucks to have your starting center out. I hope the refs don't decide the next game. LA played well yesterday. I thought fisher had a bunch of bs fouls called on him in game 5. Wallace gets a few of those too. The refs need to let the guys play.

Great series no matter what. Gasol and bynum have made huge improvements since 08. I hope they don't ruin bynum's carreer by pushing him to play on that knee.

Yeah, it's too bad. Rasheed is better as a power forward, and Baby isn't tall enough compared to the Laker front court. I was hoping we'd see both teams at full strength without the refs getting in the way in game 7.

I think everyone underestimates Big Baby. He doesn't have Perkins' intimidation factor and some of the intangibles but he's got a wide body and can pull offensive and defensive rebounds when he just shouldn't. And his feet are fast enough that Odom can't get around him.

Now stamina is what gets him in trouble.

I think everyone underestimates Big Baby. He doesn't have Perkins' intimidation factor and some of the intangibles but he's got a wide body and can pull offensive and defensive rebounds when he just shouldn't. And his feet are fast enough that Odom can't get around him.

Hey if it helps the Celtics keep it close and win, maybe he can drool on the Lakers. :biggrin:

Baby is a power forward not a center. He is big but too short to play center. Sheed is tall but has nowhere near the strength of perk. Perk is a BIG defensive stopper, he is why we got past Orlando because he can single cover Howard.

Bynum's injury is not as bad as Perk's. Perkins is done. I think Bynum can give limited time. C's have to really step up to be able to win game 7 without him. It's a huge loss. Sheed gets too many fouls and the next sub is Shelden Williams who is just kind of a disaster. I think we are going to get killed inside. Good strategy to play off Rondo last game as he is missing all his shots and free throws.

Back