• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need cheap (used) exhaust for 91 NSX

My Finstar exhaust has completly cracked or been torn on the upper muffler. This happened a few months ago and I've just had to deal with it for awhile. It's not fixable, at least I can't get a muffler shop to do it. I'm looking for a very affordable exhaust to replace it with. I'm moving apartments and doing some other things that are dragging my budget down for a little while, so I can't buy anything real expensive. Does anyone have something they want to sell to me? I'm in the Atlanta area if there is anyone local who can help.
Thanks,

Sam
[email protected]

Have you emailed MJ to ask about a warranty, or how he can help you with this?

There's only 1 other exhaust that I know of that had burned a hole through the canister, but the manufacturer replaced/fixed it.

Good Luck
smile.gif

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

You can just switch out the canister portions at a muffler shop with another perf type muffler (flowmaster for example).

------------------
92 Red/Blk

Surely there must be someone who has installed an aftermarket exhaust and is willing to part with the stock one in his garage or basement...

I have one Sam shoot me an email.

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

"You can just switch out the canister portions at a muffler shop with another perf type muffler (flowmaster for example)."

Will that be expensive to do? There is just one big "canister" that I can see (I'm not a technical car guy..) that is torn at the top.

I don't really want a stock exhaust, as the stock one is really quiet from what I remember, but at least it would be cheap.

I did get in contact with MJ a few months ago about the problem. He gave me a number of the importer who said he stopped importing them and that he couldn't help me.
MJ said that I would have to send back the broken exhaust to him before he could send me anything, which isn't an option since I daily drive the car to work.

Thanks everyone! I went ahead and took an offer from someone. I wish I had seen your offer to send with just shipping, I'm paying 100 dollars. Oh well.

Cheers,

Sam

Back