• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help - do I have custom exhaust?

I just realized almost the pictures I see of NSXes have single tail pipes on either side of the rear. I have pairs on either side. Is this an oem option or did the previous owner have a custom system put on?

In case anyone can identify it, here's a crappy cell-phone-picture I just took, sorry for the quality:

tailpipe.jpg

[This message has been edited by Aiken Drum (edited 14 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Aiken Drum (edited 14 January 2003).]

You have aftermarkets! Here's a pic of an OEM exhaust (91-01):

gmeluch5.jpg

------------------
Biaggi
92 NSX #483
94 CBR900RR

Originally posted by Biaggi:
You have aftermarkets! Here's a pic of an OEM exhaust (91-01):

The oval exhaust tips pictured there were only used in '91-94. They were replaced in '95 by a tip that is turned up with a simple edge. However, the rolled edge shown on the tips in the first photo in this topic is not stock.

this is the funniest post I've seen
smile.gif

I believe it is a custom exhaust tips made by a local body shop.

I'm always surprised at people who think admitting ignorance is a flaw. Me, I don't hire people who won't ask a question when they don't know the answer.

---

Anyway, I looked around the web and they appear to be tips from Cone Engineering. At some point I'll just crawl under the back and see if I can find a logo or something, see if the whole thing has been replaced or just the tips.

Originally posted by Aiken Drum:
I just realized almost the pictures I see of NSXes have single tail pipes on either side of the rear. I have pairs on either side. Is this an oem option or did the previous owner have a custom system put on?

That actually looks somewhat like my exhaust, which is a custom Remus exhaust (installed by previous owner).
http://pws.gamewood.net/~wilsonpm/Auto/images/nsx/LeftExhaust.JPG

Is there writing on the tips?

Back