• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Help with BBSC

I am missing parts of my BBSC that were not returned by Mark.

Specifically, I do not have the spider or pully.
I saw on an earlier post that someone located the manufacturer (Lovejoy) Will they sell direct? If not how do you source the spider?

I have Mark's aftercooler. I would like to achieve aggressive but safe boosts. ~ 9lbs seems to be max for a stock engine. What boost delta will occur across the aftercooler...or more specifically, what size pulley?

That said, who can I contact to machine the pulley (ideally, someone who has done BBSC pulley is the past.)

Finally, I also no longer have the blow-off valve. What will work with Marks aftercooler that is better than the original $%##@.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

I am missing parts of my BBSC that were not returned by Mark.
I don't have a spare pulley, but i'm sure some around here do..

regarding the valve, I have a Forge on mine.

I can look at the model, but i think it's a pretty standard one. nothing spectacular.

ANd regarding the spider, i think Armando found the mfg... check his old posts or PM...

any porsche diverter valve will work fne, so will the forge....they are cheap like 150-200...armondo did find the manufacture of the spider stuff...

The BBSC is not a bad system for the $$; but done right, it needs more $$.
Just look at all the extra engineering and $$ that GM put into the new SC vet.
However, I do not want to get into another blah, blah, blah about the BBSC. This has been rehashed many, many times. I just would like some educated, experienced advise on the set-up.

Thanks

It's usually those with little or no experience with FI, along with those that do not even have a cold air intake that love to spend others money by giving stupid advice.

Here is the source for the "spider"

Lovejoy
2655 Wisconsin Avenue
Downers Grove, Illinois 60515 USA

Part # 685144 72257
Part Description is CJ 24 Spider 64D Green

[email protected]

Armando

Last edited:
well for the record, my $65o install fee included 4 separate dyno runs. the last 3 were paid for by mr. basch himself because I complained about poor idle etc... he never asked for any $ for me for the extra 5 hours of dyno time.

regarding the parts, yes they should have been returned (i beleive stgeorge mailed him the setup to realign the carrier bearings???). but the spider is a wear item and needs replacing regularly.. The original BOV was pretty cheap, though it did the job. no excuse for not including the parts, but just some persective.

It is amazing how a simple question can be spun or twisted out of control. I have learned from a recent nasty divorce (the real reason why my car and the BBSC are in disrepair)....
......the best way to handle attention seeking BS is to ignore it.

For the record (see other post asking about injectors), I was an early BBSC install on a car I have owned for 15 years.

Thanks for the info Armando.
Anyone have a source who have machined the pulley?
What decent quality blow-off fits Mark's aftercooler?

Last edited:
This is the guy who machined mine and the work was excellent quality and only took 10 days or so. I think it was around 170 bucks a pulley

[email protected]
He might want to look up the specs, he made them for andy vecsey, and myself ; glenn woudenberg

It is amazing how a simple question can be spun or twisted out of control. I have learned from a recent nasty divorce (the real reason why my car and the BBSC are in disrepair)....
......the best way to handle attention seeking BS is to ignore it.

For the record (see other post asking about injectors), I was an early BBSC install on a car I have owned for 15 years.

Thanks for the info Armando.
Anyone have a source who have machined the pulley?
What decent quality blow-off fits Mark's aftercooler?

Bosch Diverter Valve

2004027156612427108_rs.jpg

Not the prettiest but it does the job.

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product...ts_id=1291&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=feed

Armando

Thanks, but I have the original 4" pulley. I need to have a pulley made that will result in ~9-lbs after at the intake (after the aftercooler).
Still not sure what size pulley that will be????

you can also check with Devin@aem.

He has someone that machined all his pulleys. I think he qouted me $225 on a 12# pulley.

If that fails I can get ahold of Romeo locally and get the info for the guy that produced his and chudson pulleys.

For the bosch valve. I would recommend just spending the $200 and getting the HKS racing bypass valve. Its a very nice valve with adjustable spring rates for when you decide to turn up the juice.

The bosch valve works but over time the diaphragm begins to weaken and you slowly start losing boost.

Back