• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need NSX info! more...

Well, I may have the opportunity to purchase a used NSX here soon. The only problem is, I don't know too much about them as far as maintenance and such. Are they reliable? Is it costly for repairs? Insurance? Are there any year models I should stay away from? If any of you have any extra info I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

The FAQ will answer most of your questons regarding things to look for and changes by model year. As for reliability, it just doesn't get any better than an NSX. Mine is almost eleven years old and last week I had the very first part break (AC evaporator needs replacing).

There is a large NSX population here in Florida and the Florida NSX club is having an event on May 6th. The NSX is very reliable; the repairs are on par for an exotic but don't empty your wallet; insurance depends on your driving record; and there are some things to know about earlier years that may cause minor problems. Otherwise, they are a blast to own and you should try to make it to the next club event in Sebring.

Originally posted by Edo:
Dang...Florida.
Too far.

Eddie that's why got invented planes... hehehe
biggrin.gif

I'm afraid it went down there we'd never get you back. BTW it's spring break.... if you've never been to FL during spring break then well.... memories of being 21
smile.gif

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Originally posted by Edo:
Dang...Florida.
Too far.

Eddie that's why god invented planes... hehehe
biggrin.gif

I'm afraid if you went down there we'd never get you back. BTW it's spring break.... if you've never been to FL during spring break, well then .... memories of being 21
smile.gif

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Originally posted by NSXhopefulGirl:
Well, I may have the opportunity to purchase a used NSX here soon.

Make sure to get the used NSX checked by a competent mechanic before you buy. Also, run a report at www.carfax.com ( a member with an account here could possibly provide this info) to make sure it is not a 'salvage' job. If you need help,there are many members here in Florida that would be glad to take a look at an NSX for you. The NSX group here is very active and very friendly. They made me feel welcome when I purchased mine last year and have provided some very nice weekends.

Good luck and welcome

------------------
BobsYT
2000 Red/Black #81

Geez! You guys are GREAT! Very helpful and friendly indeed. Thank you for your input and suggestions. I'll be visiting this site often in the next few months. Wish me luck!
smile.gif

Jill

Back