• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some guidance!

Alright first off i am new to posting but i've been browsing for awhile...

Anyways i am in the middle of trying to get a 1994 nsx in working condition after its been sitting doing nothing for many many years...now i am young but i am doing the best i can to bring back this car that has been left to rot...

i have managed to get it to run again and the immediate issue im facing is the car will not shift into gear and the clutch just stick dead to the floor...now my question is what do i need to look at or into to solve this? do yall think is has to mainly do with the clutch sticking or is there a chance of the transmission being shot? the car DOES shift through all the gears when it is not running but will not when it is started...

any help is very appreciated
thanks

sounds like the clutch has stuck from sitting for so long. it happened on my friends supra, and when we started it the car started moving immediately. what you wanna do is but the car in reverse and rock the car forwards and backwards a few times. then put it in first gear and do the same thing. finally check to see if the throwout arm on the transmission has moved back up. if it hasnt, then you might need to give it a light whack with a rubber hammer. i stress the LIGHT part.

oh, since you also mentioned that the pedal stays down, you might want to see how much fluid is in the clutch resevoir. it might be low and sucking air. or it might have an internal seal leak in the clutch master or slave cylinders.

First, I would try to get the clutch working.

Bleed the clutch and keep the resevior full. Hopefully that will get the clutch off the floor and working again. If not, replace the slave and master cylinder.

A great and worthwhile endeavor. You will find the help you need here to solve virtually ANY problem with the NSX. Don't give up.

my problem was a leaking hose that connected the slave cylinder to the metal line. new hose fresch oil and it is still working fine. the hose is located just under the coolant resevoir you can't miss it.

Well if it were me I'd go ahead and purchase the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder since it sat so long the rubber orings in them have most likely dried and will eventually bypass {fail}. It's cheap insurance.

Well if it were me I'd go ahead and purchase the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder since it sat so long the rubber orings in them have most likely dried and will eventually bypass {fail}. It's cheap insurance.

Or just rebuild them.

Last edited:
Tell us a little bit about this 94' that you picked up. Whats the mileage? Condition?

ok well...
i didnt exactly pick it up...
my mom bought it new back in 94..she quit driving it after me and my sister both couldnt ride in it at the same time and unfortunantly just let it sit there for years and years...
as i have started to drive and learn more about cars and modified my own car i have fallen in love with this thing and have been doing everything i can to restore it back... its the brookland green color i believe is what its called on here and its got about 22,000k on it...
has its rough spots from sitting in the garage so long but im doin the best i can with it, it is a very beautiful car as im sure everyone on here agrees.
some of the cars i've seen on this site are really motivating me to do it right and make it look good. wonderful sight by the way

ok well...
i didnt exactly pick it up...
my mom bought it new back in 94..she quit driving it after me and my sister both couldnt ride in it at the same time and unfortunantly just let it sit there for years and years...
as i have started to drive and learn more about cars and modified my own car i have fallen in love with this thing and have been doing everything i can to restore it back... its the brookland green color i believe is what its called on here and its got about 22,000k on it...
has its rough spots from sitting in the garage so long but im doin the best i can with it, it is a very beautiful car as im sure everyone on here agrees.
some of the cars i've seen on this site are really motivating me to do it right and make it look good. wonderful sight by the way

wow thats an interesting story ... it would be even better once you get it fully restored! good luck!

Okay then, knowing that it has sat stationary for so long gives us more info. You should:

Change all the fluids, oil, gas, coolant, gear lube, brake fluid.
You are due for a timing belt/water pump.
Change or rebuild the suspect master and slave cylinders.
Change the tires.

well it has a green roof..and the last 3 digits are 195....haha why?
heres some pics:biggrin:
summerproject.jpg

DSC02098.jpg

and heres what it looked like before i got my hands on it : /
been cleaned from the inside out since
DSC02001.jpg

Wow, how did everyone resist the urge from driving it all this time? Is that a Kawasaki KDX in the background?

cant rebuild those brake / slave cylinders.

You can hone them out but you'll be taking off the protective coating on the walls. just buy a new one, its not that much.

haha yea its actually a KLX 125 in the background, its a real good trail bike, real lightweight...

and yea i would be buying new slave and master cylinders i think. what kinda price do they usually sell for?

haha yea its actually a KLX 125 in the background, its a real good trail bike, real lightweight...

Is it a good trail bike? I have gotten mixed reviews for trails on it. I was considering one for my wife because of the weight factor. She's 5 ft tall and just over a 100 pounds so I am afraid my TTR 225 is a bit much for her. Good luck with the X restore. (theres the NSX content)

Call in sick for a couple days from work, because you will want to sit down and read through all the threads on this website. There is an over abundance of informaiton here. Search tools is your best friend.

I'm not kiddin. When I first got my car, I spent over 2 weeks almost all day looking through all the threads. After that I felt comfortable enough to only look at recent posts.

Back