• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some help on double din stereo

i went to a Best Buy in my area to install a double din stereo. After they installed everything, I saw that the cut to make the double din fit was VERY IMPERFECT. (large gaps around the stereo) I got pissed and the guy offered to remove all the new door speakers and stereo and buy me a new console. Should I get all the speaker and stereo remove and take my car to another place or buy the Science of Speed Carbon Fiber Center Console Trim? http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ts/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/CF_center_console_trim/ Would the carbon trim covers the large gaps around the stereo and what material is it made of?

So they're offering to pay for a new console? The equipment is already paid for? If you purchase the sos, it will solve your fitment issue. It comes unfinished though. You'll need to paint it. Also what bracket did they use for the head unit? Sos makes one for our cars also

FYI the link you provided is just carbon over lay. It sticks to your OEM one. If you want a full replacement then you'll need to buy it. Sos makes one but it doesn't have a double din precut. S2carbonworks makes one with precut double din but I think they're on back order

If i decide to return the stereo and speakers, they will order a new console. If i decide to keep it the way with imperfection, i was told to order the carbon trim from the link i posted to place over the cutted console to cover an gaps. I want to know if the carbon trim do cover up the gaps

I wouldn't be happy with imperfections, even if hidden. I'd return it, get a new console, and find somewhere other than best buy for your stereo install

I'd have them order the new console from SOS that will work with your application. Then I'd take it to a shop that specializes in custom installations and let them do the work with the equipment you already have.

Inquiring minds want to know: Why in world would you let Best Buy install a system in your NSX? If you had a ford Explorer on the other hand, let them hack away.

I'd have them order the new console from SOS that will work with your application. Then I'd take it to a shop that specializes in custom installations and let them do the work with the equipment you already have.

Inquiring minds want to know: Why in world would you let Best Buy install a system in your NSX? If you had a ford Explorer on the other hand, let them hack away.

Lets not belittle Best Buy, If Anything I would blame the installer that worked on it. He’s the one that decided to accept the job & apparently didn't have the skills or know how for that particular install.

The Issue Is Trying to find the Right Best Buy With a Experienced Installer. Allot of the new guys aren't trained in the old school fabrication ways like some of the older installers have been like me, Yes I also work at Best Buy. God Knows how many mom&pop/custom shop installs I’ve fixed/rescued. I Personally get $100k Plus cars through my shop all the time, The other day I had a 1971 Hemi Cuda Convertible. Thats a million If not Multi Million dollar car.

The Cuda Owner didn't bring the car to Best Buy Because of the brand name but because of the installer.

I wouldn't just take it to any mom&pop/fabrication shop. I would ask to speak to the installer that will be doing the work and ask to see “HIS” or “HERS” own personal work. Ask to see some pictures or portfolio, I guarantee you that there isn't one installer that takes pride in his work that doesn't have pictures or a portfolio.

Last edited:
Back