• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New AutoArt NSX 1/18

FINALLY, is almost here, and it looks so much better than the Kyosho models:

http://autoartmodels.com/web/product/en/1745?antiCache=1279401467579A65830048EA9B70732392C7EBC72E1F6

A2.jpg

A3.jpg

B2.jpg

C3.jpg

C2.jpg

A3.jpg

D2.jpg

D3.jpg

E2.jpg

E3.jpg

I hope they realease the 02+ models so I can swap parts :D

Wow, Now that's a 1/18 nsx model I'd buy. Thanks for sharing that.

Damn its almost perfect except for the rear lower valence!!! Its all red instead of being black in the middle!! if they correct that it would've been pure sex.

Last edited:
Damn its almost perfect except for the rear lower valence!!! Its all red instead of being black in the middle!! if they correct that it would've been pure sex.

For a model maker, that is a major oversight. Since it is not yet available, it is prudent that they fix that before releasing the model.
I have always wanted a NSX 1/18 but have always been underwhelmed by the Kyosho. As an alternative, I have the 1/12 Rosso, several Tamiyas and 1/24 Kyosho NSX-R instead. This AA looks great and will be a buy. I wish they could make a white NA1 NSX-R version later.
Steve

Well since we are being picky I might as well point out all the inaccuracies such as the stamped floor board underneth the seats are suppose to be bare metal color, the splash shield in front under the bumper is suppose to be all black, the offset of the rim is too low and also the diameter does not seem to scale on the 15/16 inch wheels. I am however impressed with the interior and the under hood detail. The shape of the body is also spot on.

Also the all red lower valance in the rear can easily be cured by painting the thing yourself at home.

Well since we are being picky I might as well point out all the inaccuracies such as the stamped floor board underneth the seats are suppose to be bare metal color, the splash shield in front under the bumper is suppose to be all black, the offset of the rim is too low and also the diameter does not seem to scale on the 15/16 inch wheels. I am however impressed with the interior and the under hood detail. The shape of the body is also spot on.

Also the all red lower valance in the rear can easily be cured by painting the thing yourself at home.

Of course, the AA is lowered too. I will mod the heck out of it when I get one.
Steve

If they make the same for 02+, I'm all over it. That's gorgeous.

its a Millennium edition.. Those cost over $100 if you can get your hands on one.

Maybe I should place an order for a few from my wholesaler

Last edited:
Well since we are being picky I might as well point out all the inaccuracies such as the stamped floor board underneth the seats are suppose to be bare metal color, the splash shield in front under the bumper is suppose to be all black, the offset of the rim is too low and also the diameter does not seem to scale on the 15/16 inch wheels.

Not only that, the darn steering wheel is on the wrong side. :tongue::biggrin:

I need to find out how to get one of these.

Actually I LOVE that is lower, my Kyosho model looks like 4x4 ..... every time I think about "lowering it" ///

Wow, Now that's a 1/18 nsx model I'd buy. Thanks for sharing that.

Shawn,

Just what we need, more die-cast NSX's. I'll take 2:biggrin:

I contacted AutoArt regarding the release date and color selection of the upcoming NSX model, I received the following response:

Dear Mr. Welsh III,
Thank you for your email.
For the Honda NSX, it will be produced under AUTOart Millennium series, but this car has more openings than others so the price will be little bit higher.
Three colors will be produced :
73271 1/18 HONDA NSX 1990(RED)
73272 1/18 HONDA NSX 1990(SILVER)
73273 1/18 HONDA NSX 1990(BLACK)
By the way, do visit our online website www.aa-collection.com regularly to check for their availability.
Regards,
AA Collection Ltd
www.aa-collection.com

I contacted AutoArt regarding the release date and color selection of the upcoming NSX model, I received the following response:

Dear Mr. Welsh III,
Thank you for your email.
For the Honda NSX, it will be produced under AUTOart Millennium series, but this car has more openings than others so the price will be little bit higher.
Three colors will be produced :
73271 1/18 HONDA NSX 1990(RED)
73272 1/18 HONDA NSX 1990(SILVER)
73273 1/18 HONDA NSX 1990(BLACK)
By the way, do visit our online website www.aa-collection.com regularly to check for their availability.
Regards,
AA Collection Ltd
www.aa-collection.com

What email did you use to contact them? I want to know if they are going to do one with the 1994 style wheels, or a 95 targa would be even better!

What email did you use to contact them? I want to know if they are going to do one with the 1994 style wheels, or a 95 targa would be even better!

[email protected], Subj: HONDA NSX 1990

I seriously doubt that additional variations of the NSX will be made, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

$200 is a little high considering the "msrp" of previous NSX models. However, in the high end auto model world, it's not bad at all. Sports Car Market Magazine reviews high end models (and other collectibles) in every issue and most need multiple corrections and are 2x, 3x, 4x, the price.

You should see what people pay for old tin gas company signs, etc. :eek:

I'm getting one when it's out. The one I got from AutoArt is 2003 white JGTC NSX No.0. The details look amazing in person. Even the printing on the brake caliper can be seen.

They need to bring out some of the early JGTC models. I am looking forward to this when it comes out. Thanks for the heads up!

Back