• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Carbon fiber wheels deisgn for NSX's

what do you think....these will are avilable now 18 and 19's

Attachments

• CW2789_1SLDASM.jpg
    CW2789_1SLDASM.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,531
MachSpeed said:
what do you think....these will are avilable now 18 and 19's

How about 17/17's, so you have a good selection of track tires, as well as a good selection of street tires. In 18/19's, I don't think you can even get track tires, can you? l would be interested in the 17/17's (If they become available) because of the killer lightweight of them, but not in 18/19's because of the limited tire selection. JMHO
Take care,
John :biggrin:

ANYTIME said:
How about 17/17's, so you have a good selection of track tires, as well as a good selection of street tires. In 18/19's, I don't think you can even get track tires, can you? l would be interested in the 17/17's (If they become available) because of the killer lightweight of them, but not in 18/19's because of the limited tire selection. JMHO
Take care,
we can build the 17's now with this spoke style

MachSpeed said:
we can build the 17's now with this spoke style
How about THIS spoke style. I have the OEM version for you to pattern off of. These would be killer in larger sizes. I would be your first customer. :smile:

Attachments

• nsxRwheel.jpg
    nsxRwheel.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2,146
Both of the designs does not give the wheel any LIP, is that required by design?

Or can you make them with like 1" lip for fronts and 3" lip for rears???

serialNSXer said:
How about THIS spoke style. I have the OEM version for you to pattern off of. These would be killer in larger sizes. I would be your first customer. :smile:

yes and no...............we do not have them as of yet due to the lack of demand....not to many new or newer will have the design for that sort of lip
awsomr1 said:
Both of the designs does not give the wheel any LIP, is that required by design?

Or can you make them with like 1" lip for fronts and 3" lip for rears???

I would be willing to consider a "modified" Type-R wheel: one that has a small-ish lip, without any rivits, painted all white, with spokes that are exactly as the Type-R. Looking for 18 or 19 sizes.

serialNSXer said:
I would be willing to consider a "modified" Type-R wheel: one that has a small-ish lip, without any rivits, painted all white, with spokes that are exactly as the Type-R. Looking for 18 or 19 sizes.
That wouldn't be a problem.........

I like the new design and am very interested!

I do concur with John.... 17/17 for me!

ANYTIME said:
Take care,

AU_NSX said:
I like the new design and am very interested!

I do concur with John.... 17/17 for me!

Do you think we might be able to do a group purchace...if so I will be able to lower the price a little....

ANYTIME said:
Take care,

John,

JFYI, new R-compound tires are shifting into 18" lately. Almost all of them are offering quite a selection of 18" tires. Some of them offer more selection on 18" thank 17", like Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, and the Yoko A048. Not to mention the Racing Slicks have more sizes in 18". I would recommend to use 17" up front and 18" in the rear so you have more selections.

Andrie Hartanto said:
new R-compound tires are shifting into 18" lately. Almost all of them are offering quite a selection of 18" tires. Some of them offer more selection on 18" thank 17", like Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, and the Yoko A048.
The Michelin Pilot Sport Cup is available in larger sizes because it's primarily designed for larger, heavier cars. The Yokohama A048 is a new tire and was introduced in a few specific sizes intended for specific cars, and will eventually be available in a wider variety of sizes as it takes over from the A032R in Yokohama's line.

Most R compound tires continue to have wider availability of sizes in 15" to 17" sizes than 18" or more. As John correctly pointed out, most of the leading R compound tires aren't available in 19" sizes at all.

Based on the availability of R compound tires (and even top-of-the-line street tires), I would recommend 16" or 17" front wheels and 17" rear wheels.

nsxtasy said:
Most R compound tires continue to have wider availability of sizes in 15" to 17" sizes than 18" or more. As John correctly pointed out, most of the leading R compound tires aren't available in 19" sizes at all.

Yep - That fact alone has made the C6 a non starter in stock category autocrossing. It otherwise looks to be a good autocrosser, but if you can't get competitive tires for it then you're done.

Back