• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New clutch installed (issues)

We put in a new OEM clutch, but it seems like it's not letting go all the way and grinding, but when the motors off you can go through the gears fine. Is there an ajustment to be made anywhere?

We put in a new OEM clutch, but it seems like it's not letting go all the way and grinding, but when the motors off you can go through the gears fine. Is there an ajustment to be made anywhere?

You may also need to adjust the clutch pedal itself. The rod under the dash that connects the clutch pedal to the clutch master cylinder. If its not fully disengaging, you'll need to "lengthen" the rod about 2-3 turns.

i believe it needs to be initialized from your guy's help the car is a 92 and we just boughtit 3 months ago from a dealership. Is this transmission guy doing the job messing up my part's?

DO NOT adjust the clutch pedal, most likely that will screw things up worse. It needs to be initialized properly. You can PM me if the tech needs help.

HTH,
LarryB

Back