• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Comptech Charger headache

OK guys, Here is the tech/ supercharger question of the day. My NSX tech here at the dealership recently installed the new Comptech blower on a 2004 model. Everything was cool. The car ran great and then the check engine light came on. Something about the throttle position sensor. Anyway we called CT to see if it had something to do with the ESM. They said that it was the throttle body, to replace it. So we did. The car is back with the following codes:
P0108 MaP circuit high input
P1243 Deviated Throttle position
P1244 Throttle wrong closed position
P2656 VTEC Oil Pressure switch
P2646 VTEC.....

Temporary codes:
Misfire every cylinder

Sorry to be long winded but we are having a heck of a time figuring this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your codes are all over the place. Sure sounds like a bad ground to me. Check all grounding wires for good contact. There is one spade lug that must be mounted to the intake manifold close to the ignitor, if I recall, I would check that, and every other engine wiring harness connection for loosness. After that look for vacuum lines loose, off, pinched.

If it worked when you first got it back, then something was affected by driving it, so it would be logical a wire came loose, vacuum line loose, etc.

This sounds like you want to enlist your eyes to help you troubleshoot:).

The other quesiton is did you talk the Shad at Comptech? If not, call back and speak to him directly.

BTW, Is this the newer version with the Aurorotor blower or the original version with the Whipple?

Regards,
LarryB

I've run across the same problems..... not to the extent of MIL codes in the 2's. I suspect a connection somewhere. How can equipment like the throttle body take a dump as soon as the supercharger is put in? Check the MAP sensor connections. The MAP sensor is in the Control box below the 4 vacuum hoses just under the K-brace ( by the driver side shock tower).Check the ECM connection is behind the driver's seat, (C539) I believe. Here's how you know. If you took the OBD 2 scanner tool and did a real time test run with the tool plugged in you'll see the vacuum pressure increases as the RPM's go up. At idle the reading for mine is 8-9 inches Hg. At wide open throttle under load the vacuum readings climb as I expect it would. If the O2 sensors and fuel delivery numbers are on par then it has to be a connection.

Danny RED SR 71

Last edited:
MAP problems could be ESM related.

TPS & oil pressure switch system is not modified with Comptech SC, sounds like a signal / grounding problem. Check the grounds and make sure none of the plugs or harnesses were cut or smashed during install.

Did you change spark plugs by chance? I've heard of electrical interference problems relating to non-resistor type spark plugs being installed on later model NSX which will affect the 5 volt sensors like MAP and TPS.

Have your tech work with Shad, he's well experienced and can get you on the road.

Regards,
-- Chris

Hey guys just wanted to give you the update. It was a ground wire that had backed up after several miles. It wasn't making proper contact and that was what was throwing the code. Sorry for the delayed response. I've been in Cancun. :smile: Thanks again

Looks like I am a go to pick it up this evening!

On the edge of my seat.

What should I listen for on the way home?

Its colder here (just above freezing) and roof will be on and windows up.

94 octane in the car.

what does detonation sound like and where can I find break in procedures for the charger? Ive looked in the install guide that is available on comptechs site, but I dont believe that it is mentioned.

what does detonation sound like and where can I find break in procedures for the charger? Ive looked in the install guide that is available on comptechs site, but I dont believe that it is mentioned.

I bet the CTSC is all that you are thinking about! If you are able to get access to a dyno for a post install run, I would recommend staying off boost (very hard to do :biggrin: ) until you have your air:fuel ratio checked out. Did you send out your injectors for cleaning/flow testing as well replace your fuel filter? I have a feeling that those services helped me put down 354 whp on a 3.0L motor with the new Autorotor unit.

ryan1926 said:
I bet the CTSC is all that you are thinking about! If you are able to get access to a dyno for a post install run, I would recommend staying off boost (very hard to do :biggrin: ) until you have your air:fuel ratio checked out. Did you send out your injectors for cleaning/flow testing as well replace your fuel filter? I have a feeling that those services helped me put down 354 whp on a 3.0L motor with the new Autorotor unit.

Yeah right, like Im going to be able to stay off boost! My dyno probably wont be for about 10 days.

I did not do the injectors/filter because the plan is to move to a higher boost set up, which means new injectors for me. If that changes, I will do something with the stockers. Maybe a good idea to quickly replace the fuel filter tho! Ill call the tech right now.

That is insane power from the 3.0L!

Back