• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Corvette Beautiful!

While the car does not look like an NSX, I think lovers of the NSX will also love the looks of this car. I was at a outdoor restaurant in Miami on Friday night and got a chance to see a new 2014 Corvette for the first time out on the street. It was parked between a Ferrari and Lambo. Honestly, it looked like it belonged. The lines of this car were beautiful. I have never been a vette guy, ever, but I may consider this car in my future if the reviews during the first year post production turn out to be good. Anyone drive the 2014 yet? Opinions?
Eric

I agree with Skippy I think if they just got off their 4 style taillights and go with a different style one then the car will have got past the already aged look.

the rear is to close to being the same thing since the first one rolled off assembly some 30+ years ya know.

very cool car for sheep LOL

The body is pretty cool but something looks off to me with the front bumper. Also like always I hate the vettes interior.

Big/overdue step forward from the C6...especially the interior. Looks great from all angles but behind which is where most drivers will be on the road. I'm not a huge corvette fan but this is one they got >85% right.

Tom Peters' retribution.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Something about them in person is totally different than what you see in pictures on the computer. In person I actually think they look very cool. Before seeing one in person I wasn't a fan.

Rolls Royce drivetrain with Mickey Mouse exterior. The Edsel is more attractive. This car can't make up it's mind on what it wants to look like. It's Chevy's new Corrmaro.

I am not a Vette fan, but I really like it myself. Front is great, interior improved and more torque than common sense... I don't love the back (not a fan of center exhaust particularly, and the new 458 got away from it also). I wouldn't trade my NSX for one but they are nice. Would love to drive one.

Yea that back end was off putting at first.

I saw it in person and it has started growing on me.

Kardashian tail end is a bit much once again this year. Nice engine and price $$ point.

Just face it guys...... the C7 (and this is just their entry level car - wait for the usual suspects to start showing up) makes the NSX looks dated.... especially when the NSX tail lights looks like it was slapped together on a 4pm Friday afternoon right before a Hōnen Matsuri event.....

We are already starting to see people adding/crossing over from the NSX and more will come....

Just face it guys...... the C7 (and this is just their entry level car - wait for the usual suspects to start showing up) makes the NSX looks dated....

For me, I don't have a problem with that. I like classic looks. Most new cars simply don't do it for me so I am perfectly content to drive a "dated" car.

The NSX's birth year was 1990 so of course it is dated. The taillights look like they were designed a quarter of a century ago and that's what they are. Some people like the new C7 and some don't. So be it. I like old cars for what they are and so do many long term NSX owners. My 911 and 928 are ancient and no new car will make me like them less.
Steve

Just face it guys...... the C7 (and this is just their entry level car - wait for the usual suspects to start showing up) makes the NSX looks dated.... especially when the NSX tail lights looks like it was slapped together on a 4pm Friday afternoon right before a Hōnen Matsuri event.....

We are already starting to see people adding/crossing over from the NSX and more will come....

A couple of weeks ago I had the chance of sitting in the new C7 and playing with the different "Drive Modes". Interior & exterior are better in person than pictures show. It is truly a good value when compared side by side to other similar cars.

looks ugly poor guy having to drive around in that LOL that red NSX looks badass though

FWIW, I got to drive a friend's new 1LT 2014 C7.

Good:
steering response has been tightened up quite a bit from the C6s - faster response, weightier feeling especially at speed
auto rev matching is instantaneous, and awesome, sounds great too
power, power, power
engine sound is incredible
interior is a huge upgrade from the C6s, both aesthetically and feel/quality wise
seats are much firmer and more supportive than the la-z-boy feeling seats of the C6
the body felt super stiff, and everything felt buttoned down tight. no squeaks, rattles, groans at all. time will tell how this ages.

Bad:
Big! After getting used to the NSX's short front and "nothing-but-road" view out front, it was unnerving having a picnic table in front of you
Poor blind spot / rear visibility
Still feels like a corvette (not quite as tossable/flickable feeling)
The way the motor revs is smooth, however, as you go past 3k rpms you can feel a "wall of resistance" as the engine starts making more and more noise to make the revs climb. pushrod and 2 valve may contribute to this. The NSX, I've noticed, revs as effortlessly from 4k-6k rpms as it does from 1k-3k rpms, whereas the "resistance" level changes through the range in the LT1 vette engine.
The NSX feels like there's nothing surrounding you as you drive - the vette, you can feel a lot of car to your sides, front, and rear. The weight of the car in the NSX feels concentrated right where you are sitting (well, maybe a half foot behind your right shoulder), whereas in the vette you feel the weight surrounding you, front and back.

Overall, a very nice car and a very noticeable improvement in almost all aspects over the previous C6s (I owned a 2009 C6 fwiw). Looks great in person, sounds great, drives really well, especially if you're used to the corvette feeling. Perhaps I am spoiled by the NSX's manual rack, but in the NSX, you feel like you are steering the car with your hands. In the C7, you feel like you are using the steering wheel to tell the car where to go, and waiting for it to obey. It handles and corners with sheer grip and even weighting at the ends of the car, rather than centralized balance and lightness. It's quite a bit more responsive than the C6s were, though. Big improvement. Yes, I know the C7 would absolutely destroy my stock '91 NSX in an autoX, road course, drag strip, braking test, etc etc, but the way it *feels* is very different.

Last edited:
If you thought the NSX steering was amazing, try the RX7 (FD) and RX8. That blows the NSX away.

I'd love to taste the FD RX7, but friends who are willing to let me drive one are few and far between (friend of mine had a modded FD, some aftermarket parallel turbos and some suspension work, but he sold it :( )

For the record, best steering I've ever felt was the '05 Elise I had the pleasure of owning back in 2008. The 987.2S and the NSX's manual rack at speed are a close second for me. I do hear amazing things about the FD steering feel, though.

Back