• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Girl :Honda Museum NSX

The op used the term Japland for Japan,and some responders reacted with critism as the term is offensive to them,so the op's bf pulled the pics as a way of punishing all of us for,,,but then this is still the internet:rolleyes:

lol....childish

I have them on my computer at work- but I am not going to repost them here because yooooooouuuuuu guys SUCK!

I went to Honky-land two weeks ago (the Indianapolis Motor Speedway) and I have some pics of that museum to share if anyone is interested.

im not going to talk to anyone here any more....lalalalalalalalalalala, im not listening to you....lalalalalalalalal....i dont want to be your friend anymore....lalalalalalalala

lol:biggrin:

p.s. this forum is turning for the worst unfortunately.

I don't understand how I can be branded as the person who is wrong here.

I posted pictures that I took in Japan, and wanted to share them with people that are fanatical about the NSX.
That is why I took tons of NSX-R photos; most people on this forum like the NSX-R so much, and because we all know how rare the car is. Most NSX fans would be thrilled to see the NSX-R in real-life photos.

However, in almost every topic on this forum, some posters just are here to:

-Complain
-Nitpick
-feel insulted for no reason
-feel as if the NSX is insulted, even when it was not
-Search Nazi
-Grammar Nazi
-be politically correct

This is the reason why I don't even bother posting or reading on the General NSX Discussion forum anymore; there is always someone poking fun or acting stupid for no real reason except for to act like a jerk.

I'm not calling myself a godsend with NSX-R photos, however, some people on this forum take kindness for granted. I don't NEED to give anyone anything.

I've been on this forum since 2000, and it has definitely changed for the worse.

"You were out!" "I was safe!" Out! Safe!Out! Safe!Out! Safe!Out! Safe!Out! Safe!

I was safe and It's my ball and I'm going home. That's why I never like to play with you guys.
crying_baby.jpg

Last edited:
I don't understand how I can be branded as the person who is wrong here.

I posted pictures that I took in Japan, and wanted to share them with people that are fanatical about the NSX.
That is why I took tons of NSX-R photos; most people on this forum like the NSX-R so much, and because we all know how rare the car is. Most NSX fans would be thrilled to see the NSX-R in real-life photos.

-Complain
-Nitpick
-Search Nazi
-Grammar Nazi
-be politically correct

This is the reason why I don't even bother posting or reading on the General NSX Discussion forum anymore; there is always someone poking fun or acting stupid for no real reason except for to act like a jerk.

I'm not calling myself a godsend with NSX-R photos, however, some people on this forum take kindness for granted. I don't NEED to give anyone anything.

I've been on this forum since 2000, and it has definitely changed for the worse.

Listen I apreciate your love and interest in the nsx,and am pleased you want to share pics! The second part of this is my advice to you about prime,it is much bigger than in 00 we have new members and just like the world,it can be a tough place,you learn to deal,or lurk.my skin has thickened since joining,you need to know when to stand your ground and when to let it go:wink: What I love about the new prime is how it teaches me about how the minority thinks and feels about things.Listening to some peoples perspectives and viewpoints vastly different from mine helps me grow and I have learned tolerence from it.The caveat is that I still can't get past some folks who can't type a coherent sentance.

-Complain
-Nitpick
-Search Nazi
-Grammar Nazi
-be politically correct

Hey, I liked the photos. In fact, my message in post #13 was directed toward your girlfriend. Most of that post was positive and lighthearted. However, I have, and always will, stand up for the rights of others even when they may not see the need. One example is the use of the term "gay" (or "ghey") as a pejorative remark. I'd be willing to bet that there's at least one homosexual on this site that probably takes offense to that. I know I do. Also the horrible picture of the boy with Down's Syndrome in the Special Olympics and the negative phrase about arguing on the web and it's relation to being "mentally retarded". As I recall, I have been the only one to voice my opinion about that, but I feel that ignoring it is to condone that behavior.

I'm sorry you feel insulted, nitpicked, or complained about, but the criticism was aimed at your girlfriend, Jesusfreak, and just meant to point out that comment's impropriety.

Hey, I liked the photos. In fact, my message in post #13 was directed toward your girlfriend. Most of that post was positive and lighthearted. However, I have, and always will, stand up for the rights of others even when they may not see the need. One example is the use of the term "gay" (or "ghey") as a pejorative remark. I'd be willing to bet that there's at least one homosexual on this site that probably takes offense to that. I know I do. Also the horrible picture of the boy with Down's Syndrome in the Special Olympics and the negative phrase about arguing on the web and it's relation to being "mentally retarded". As I recall, I have been the only one to voice my opinion about that, but I feel that ignoring it is to condone that behavior.

I'm sorry you feel insulted, nitpicked, or complained about, but the criticism was aimed at your girlfriend, Jesusfreak, and just meant to point out that comment's impropriety.

You're a good man Ken.

I am with Ken. There is simply NO place for the word "Japland" in any decent site, much less in a site that pays so much respect and affection to this Japanese car. Endless, people appreciate your gesture of posting the pictures. But to throw a tantrum in reaction to people's dismay for your girlfriend's inappropriate word is just immature and entitled. It is not about being uptight or nitpicking, it is about RESPECT!
Steve

I didn't get it. Why "Japland" is offensive?

The caveat is that I still can't get past some folks who can't type a coherent sentance.

Same here. Some of my pet peeves are the misuse of it's/its, you're/your, their/there, and than/then. I don't mind the occasional omission of a word or typo such as sentance.:biggrin: (just joking buddy). I am guilty of typos on many occasions.:eek:

Last edited:
I have them on my computer at work- but I am not going to repost them here because yooooooouuuuuu guys SUCK!

I went to Honky-land two weeks ago (the Indianapolis Motor Speedway) and I have some pics of that museum to share if anyone is interested.

Honkey LAND!!! Why you son of a ...... :wink:
Guys... if you're not Japanese and you're complaining about "japland", well then you need to get a life and stop trying to fight everyone else's battles. You're nobody's hero fighting against oppression or anything. You're just finding a reason to *itch about a word that has nothing to do with you. For the rest of you, I plan on taking a trip to Germany soon because I'm German. So call me a kraut, or a Hun, or whatever. It's all in fun. People from San Fran can't have fun like that. It affects each and everyone of them personally. Like eating meat, or killing a tree. Whatever. Can't go through life walking on egg shells always worried about the feelings of every person on the planet.

Last edited:
Same here. Some of my pet peeves are the misuse of it's/its, you're/your, their/there, and than/then. I don't mind the occasional omission of a word or typo such as sentance.:biggrin: (just joking buddy). I am guilty of typos on many occasions.:eek:

I don't know why, but there are a lot of people who think a lot is alot. Alot is the french word for people who cannot spell.

No digs for the picture poster/puller because I don't like to bait people who are sensitive, but I will say this regarding the photo's content: how fascinating. I would like to go there. It is interesting to note that the NSX-R is sitting right out in the open where you can just walk up and lick it.:tongue:

Last edited:
The term "Jap" is used to connote negativity toward the Japanese. By using the term "Japland" that is an implication of such feelings. I feel that it is justified for people to feel offended toward the term.

Nobody here cares how you FEEL. Go cry to your mommy! Adding two letters the the word Japan has hurt you in what way? L and D. Your name is offensive, my little child thought you wanted to have sex with all the 10 year old jdm boys.

Im opening a big ass can of worms.

You need to wake up and smell 2008. This is the internet. If you get offended by it.. don't look at it, skip over it, learn to ignore. It's your choice, everyone has a choice. Like some people have a choice to read stupid things that might amused them. By your whining and complaining about something you don't like.. you're taking something away from others who might enjoy it. Your preaching reminds me of old Nazi germany or Communist china. Are you Red? Voice your opinion in a new thread, don't hijack a live thread. You could of started a thread in off topic "Who is offended by the term Japland" Then all this discussion could be in there and we would still have some nice pictures to look at. I understand you like to stick up when you feel something is wrong even when others don't or won't. Thats a good trait of yours, please put it to good use... like protest high gas prices or the way people are being treated in certain places... People every day pay high gas prices while oil companies are reporting billion dollar profits, what are you doing about that?

Im opening a big ass can of worms.

You need to wake up and smell 2008. This is the internet. If you get offended by it.. don't look at it, skip over it, learn to ignore. It's your choice, everyone has a choice. Like some people have a choice to read stupid things that might amused them. By your whining and complaining about something you don't like.. you're taking something away from others who might enjoy it.

Agreed. I think the ways of being P.C. all the time are finally falling by the wayside. The more it goes away, the less people care when others whine. The only we all get along in this world is to laugh and have fun and not to be offended all the time. People do troll these threads to FIND something to be offended about. And the funny thing is, it usually doesn't even pertain to THEM, it just MAY pertain to SOMEBODY and so they feel the need to pi$$ and moan about it. Go away.

Nobody here cares how you FEEL. Go cry to your mommy! Adding two letters the the word Japan has hurt you in what way? L and D. Your name is offensive, my little child thought you wanted to have sex with all the 10 year old jdm boys.

I never said that I FEEL offended by it. I was answering how it WOULD BE offensive.

Also, how did you figure out the hidden meaning behind my User ID?

I never said that I FEEL offended by it. I was answering how it WOULD BE offensive.

Also, how did you figure out the hidden meaning behind my User ID?

Well maybe if posts like this were only made by the person that was actually offended THEMSELVES, we wouldn't have to see as many of them.

Back