• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New here...

Yep I'm a noob here and planning on getting an NSX pretty soon, looking at the 91-95's(pricing) and will probably end up paying for half of one for my graduation present. I just have a few questions about the NSX before I dig myself in.

1. What would be the cost of a 91-95(91 most likely) NSX cost with high mileage?
2. Will the later model non flip up head lights fit into the old place w/o much problem?
3. If I took out the old engine about how much space would there be to put in a new(non-acrua)engine?
4. Would it be possible to put a M6 in with said new engine?
And lastly, will I be the only one on here with my NSX as my only car and daily driver? :tongue:

Thank you.

Welcome to the forum and to answer your questions all you need do is look in the FAQ's at the top of this browser and it will answer most of your questions. As for the engine swap all I can tell you is that anything is possible with enough money. The only one I know that ever did a engine swap is Adam Saruwatari who converted his Nsx into a dragster. If you are looking for more power then you may want to do some reading in the forced induction nitrious forum. Power on these cars dont come cheap and if you are looking for a early 91 with a budget of 40k that would leave you about 10k to play with IMO.

The engine I'm looking on putting in there responds real well to all types of engine upgrades and power-adders. Also if I do do this, I'm going to turbo it so I don't have problems mounting the new engine's intake manifold.

So if all goes well I'll have a 900hp+NSX :biggrin:

Welcome

Welcome!
LS1NSX said:
1. What would be the cost of a 91-95(91 most likely) NSX cost with high mileage?
Besides the FAQ that Acura NsX Pilot suggested, there’s the NSX Prime Marketplace, AutoTrader, cars.com, eBay, etc. It’s odd that you mention 1991-1995, since while there were almost no changes from 1991-1994, there were significant changes in 1995. Again, look in the FAQ for details and you might be able to narrow down your search.
2. Will the later model non flip up head lights fit into the old place w/o much problem?
There’s a lot of info already out there. Just use the search and you’ll find everything you need. For example, 1TITENSX wrote an excellent explanation here. Also, Science of Speed offers various 2002 Update kits.

3. If I took out the old engine about how much space would there be to put in a new(non-acrua)engine?
4. Would it be possible to put a M6 in with said new engine?
Chev small block ??
turbo ls1 in nsx
Installing a Z06 in an NSX

And lastly, will I be the only one on here with my NSX as my only car and daily driver? :tongue:
My guess would be: No. :)

Last edited:
Ops. I'm about several hours to late. Anyway I like what John Crawford wrote. Crawford suggested a new subframe that swaps out the engine/transaxle.

Cheers.

john85259

I was already planning on using a different transaxle than the NSX transaxle, I was thinking about using the Porche G50(Ithink thats right), and I'm probably going to buy a bike for when it's up on the rack. Already posted this up on LS1tech and they had lots of info on places that could help with the conversion so I should be good to go.

........once I get an NSX :frown:

Back