• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New member and a new NSX owner as of a few days ago.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself to all. I've been lurking around the site for a bit now, searching and looking through the for sale area. I finally found and bought my first NSX. I've yet to see it in person as it's 2000 miles away,(I've had it checked out by local friends) but I'll be flying out soon to pick it up. I'm fairly familiar with the car and engine. I'm currently familiarizing myself with the Basch SC that's installed on it. If anyone has any good info on this, it would be appreciated.

This is the one I picked up. http://smithmotorworks.com/item--1993-Acura-NSX-Supercharged--fs_nsx.html Although that page is old since the previous owner had it for several years. That page just has most of the info already. Not sure if anyone here is familiar with it already.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to being a part of this community.

welcome to the club. the best car ever built. but........... pics or its not real is the common post for newbee's

looks nice. SC yikes. ever driven an NSX with an SC? whole new ball game. and to start off with an NSX with SC is dangerous

had a few people wreck their stock one with in a week of ownership mid engine light weight exotic yikes. dont do anything stupid for at least 6 months.

dont floor it in corners till you know how she handles cuz her ass will fly out faster than a hooker in a pepper patch.

Thank you for the insight. Appreciated. I tend to take it nice and easy for a while. I'll have a nice easy cross country drive to get a good feel for it. I'll be driving it from VA to UT.

Congratulations - when will you be flying out to pick that beauty up? That's going to be an awesome drive back to UT. The NSX looks to be in really nice shape. Side note, my NSX spent a good chunk of the summer staying in West Valley with my friend. I also entered the car in the Cache Valley Cruise-In up in Logan. Have a lot of family in northern UT. You don't see very many NSXs up there! Be prepared for some fun gas station conversations with people, and plenty of looks.

From a fellow Utah'n, Congrats on the purchase, you will instantly fall in love. Are you new to the area, or just new to the NSX? I live up north in West Haven (towards Ogden).

Thank you for the insight. Appreciated. I tend to take it nice and easy for a while. I'll have a nice easy cross country drive to get a good feel for it. I'll be driving it from VA to UT.

welcome chewy......grrrrrrdabbaaaaaaaadabdabdabda.....:biggrin:

holy damn nice car. How'd you come across it? I woulda sold my na2 and bought this thing!

I live in NC and was literally packing my things to go pick this car up and seller calls me and says someone local has decided to purchase the car as well and he would rather deal locally. He said if it fell thru he would call me. This was early June. The day after I told him I had a mechanic arranged to do a PPI. Fishy.
Anywho, beautiful car, good luck on the long drive back with no AC or stereo. Did Mr Barerra (sp?) come down from the 27k asking price?

Hey, nice to see all the replies. I have been away for work, as well as the trip to pick up the car so I haven't been on here much at all. I did successfully pick up the car. I'll just go down the list and answer the questions posted in order:

I did fly out to VA to pick it up. I went Richmond to Chicago, spent a day there and caught a Cubs game at Wrigley. Awesome. From there I hit Rapid City, SD and the next morning hit Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse before I headed to SLC. The last 200 miles were a bit crappy. As noted above, the car had no AC, but included with that meant that there is no heat. Got into lower Wyoming and had a lot of rain, a little snow and about 35 degree weather so I had to have the windows cracked to keep it defrosted. Slow going for that last 200 miles but I made it in before midnight.

@nsx24 - I'm a born and raised Utahn. I've been in the SL Valley for about 10 years now but originally from central Utah. I am brand new to the NSX though I fell in love with it when I was a kid.

@Boostedtaco - The guy posted it on Autotrader, only to pull the ad about 6 hours later though I had already contacted him in regards to it.

@GojiraPlease - That's interesting. That's the exact same time frame I started talking to him. He mentioned he had someone coming to look at it, I wonder if that was you. I was definitely not local, but I have a co-worker that lives very nearby, within an hour drive that helped me out a lot. She took her mechanic down to Norfolk to check it out. It has a few items that need some work but overall in good shape. Didn't have a problem one on the drive back. And yes, I brought him down from $27K to $26K.

Now begins the learning process. I have a good mechanical background from working on many vehicles with my dad, but not many honda's crossed our path, and none like this of course. I'm also new to the SC as well as AEM, so anyone out there that has info they can send my way, it would be appreciated.

Here are a few pics I snapped while I was parked in Chicago:

Last edited:
Wow, those are some tinted windows.

So did you get settled in to Utah with the new car? Hows the "rockstar" treatment with the car? That is one thing that just amazes me is the amount of people that KNOW the car and want to talk about it. Beautiful car......

Thanks all. It's been a busy several months. I've been working on her bit by bit. Right now the interior is semi gutted. Got the CCU and the amplifiers repaired by BrianK. Unfortunately it looks like the head unit is also toast but at least I now have a working CCU. I was planning on replacing the head unit anyhow. I'm looking at the new Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX once it releases later this month. I've had a Pioneer 7" in my Dodge for the past 4 years, (same deck was purchased 4 years before that and was in my pathfinder first) love it and over the 8 years of life has never had an issue. Also looking at the new GuageArt on SOS to add on. Lots of other extras planned.

GjWjFu1.jpg

Back