• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New member, interested in an NSX listed here, how can I contact seller

Hey all,

My name is Rob, I'm not currently an owner but I'm in the market for a 1st gen NSX. I've owned other cool Japanese sports cars (currently a 92 180sx). I've been looking at a couple examples for sale and one of the ones listed on this site looks very appealing. The seller's post instructs people interested to PM them, but I don't see how to do that.

It's very possible that I'm not allowed to PM anyone since my account is brand new, which is understandable. Or...I'm just dumb and don't see the option.

Sorry if this is just a dumb question, I did try to search the help section, but maybe I just missed something. Is there something I can do to validate that I'm a real person so I can contact the seller?

Thanks
-Rob

Hey all,

My name is Rob, I'm not currently an owner but I'm in the market for a 1st gen NSX. I've owned other cool Japanese sports cars (currently a 92 180sx). I've been looking at a couple examples for sale and one of the ones listed on this site looks very appealing. The seller's post instructs people interested to PM them, but I don't see how to do that.

It's very possible that I'm not allowed to PM anyone since my account is brand new, which is understandable. Or...I'm just dumb and don't see the option.

Sorry if this is just a dumb question, I did try to search the help section, but maybe I just missed something. Is there something I can do to validate that I'm a real person so I can contact the seller?

Thanks
-Rob

Hi Rob-

Welcome to NSX Prime! Not a dumb question at all! You're right, you need 10 posts to active the PM function. This is a forum rule to help prevent spam bots from blasting members with thousands of PMs.

I can't turn on PM for you but you could either just post 9 more times or post on the for sale thread and ask the seller to contact you. One thing to remember is this is a public web forum, so your personal information can be scrubbed by spammers and hackers. Thus, if you post a phone number it should be like this: 555-555-5555 turns into 5five5 five55 5fivefive5. Similarly email should be: [email protected] turns into name1two3 (at) gmail dot com. It's just best practice to protect your info.

Good luck with your NSX search!

Honcho

Thank you! The ten post thing is exactly what I was wondering. It makes perfect sense to not just allow a brand new account to PM, I just couldn't figure out what to do to make my account not considered new.

For some reason I thought I saw a thing that said you cant comment on for sale posts anymore? But maybe not, I will give that a try. Thanks!

Oh, and I did make a want to buy post and put an email in there, but I used an older email address for just that reason, don't want my main email just posted publicly. So I'm less worried about spam.

Thanks again!

HI Honcho, Im a new member here.
Ive been trying to find out why I cant see email, or PM and the 'Help' isn't helping. This was one reference that says you need to post 10 times to be able to PM someone. Is this in a sticky somewhere for new users that I have missed? I cant see it in any of the help topics.
Much obliged...

Hi Rob-

Welcome to NSX Prime! Not a dumb question at all! You're right, you need 10 posts to active the PM function. This is a forum rule to help prevent spam bots from blasting members with thousands of PMs.

I can't turn on PM for you but you could either just post 9 more times or post on the for sale thread and ask the seller to contact you. One thing to remember is this is a public web forum, so your personal information can be scrubbed by spammers and hackers. Thus, if you post a phone number it should be like this: 555-555-5555 turns into 5five5 five55 5fivefive5. Similarly email should be: [email protected] turns into name1two3 (at) gmail dot com. It's just best practice to protect your info.

Good luck with your NSX search!

Honcho

Back