• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New message from Acura re: NSX

We (dealers) just received this yesterday. They make mention of new cars in new segments as well as the replacement for the NSX. I don't want to read to deep into this, but as I've said all along. There won't be a new NSX. It will be a replacement and called something completely different.

On March 27, 1986, American Honda changed the world. The automotive world, that is. With the launch of its new Acura Division, Honda did what no other Japanese automaker has done before.

Today, Acura boasts the strongest, most extensive product line in its history. The Acura brand appeals to customers whose sense of prestige comes not from traditional status symbols, but from the exhilaration of being ahead. The automotive marketplace has changed significantly in the past 22 years, and it will continue to evolve and grow in the future with new vehicles in new segments, and future products such as the replacement for the NSX. Acura will remain on the forefront of the luxury performance market for decades to come.

As Acura celebrates its 22nd anniversary, we’d like to thank you for being part of our success.

They changed the world then got left behind by the likes of Lexus and Infiniti. Someone send Acura more caffeine! :tongue: :biggrin:

Tell them their products are more boring then Buick (seriously right now) and they are "Bangling" all their new models with that cheap, plastic, cuisinart blade they are putting on the front of their cars.

I don't find a single Acura product appealing right now and would sooner shop Honda or Lexus.

And tell them I am a huge Honda fan saying this.

I seriously don't know what is going on over there but with the designs I see and the reluctance for RWD performance I hope they don't bring out the NSX replacement right now if the current redesigns are any indication - it will be terrible.

Thanks but that's been apparent since they started talking about the ASCC. The front engine car doesn't bother me as I think it will be a great edition to NSX and S2K in some of our collections:biggrin:

The new NSX should be Gallardo/F430 fighter.

actually, by the time Honda builds the NSX replacement, Lamborghini and Ferrari will have successors of Gallardo and F430.

"Today, Acura boasts the strongest, most extensive product line in its history. The Acura brand appeals to customers whose sense of prestige comes not from traditional status symbols, but from the exhilaration of being ahead. The automotive marketplace has changed significantly in the past 22 years, and it will continue to evolve and grow in the future with new vehicles in new segments, and future products such as the replacement for the NSX. Acura will remain on the forefront of the luxury performance market for decades to come"

Another corporate pontification statement. The automotive world had changed significantly over the 22 years. The Acura NSX however did not change significantly for 15 years and remained to be the top of the line Acura. In the automotive world, it is all about competitions and whom you want to mess with.
Ask the following manufacturer whom they want to mess with in 2008. The answers are:

Lexus: We ware messing with BMW and MB. We are also thinking about messing with the front engined Ferraris

Mitsubishi: We have been trying to mess with the NSX. At least our buyers have been.

Subaru: same as Mitsubishi

Nissan: With our GTR, we are messing with Porsche, Corvette, and the Ferraris.

Hyundai: We are messing with Honda.

Honda: We are messing with Hyundai but pretending to mess with the Corvette. We aim low after the founder died.

Steve

I have been so disappointed with Acura lately. I can honestly say there is no car I am interested in anymore and this is coming from a lifetime Honda owner/lover :mad: I specifically despise the grill "chest plate thing" that has been a style element lately. I even saw a Saturn today with the stupid thing. AHHHHH!

saturnvu.jpg

What the,,,, Larry B waiting tables????:tongue:

While the other Japanese manufacturers are stepping up their build quality, competing with the Europeans on almost all levels, the best Honda could do in the meantime is this:

c071211.jpg

I dunno man. That'll be kinda cool when they replace the coffees with beer.

sorry guys,

the next generation of nsx is available now. it is the audi r8 and soon it will also have a v10 option.

I am very sad that this happened, while honda continues to go in circles the comptetion has released what honda should and could have. Like most of the people in this thread, i love honda (currently have 2 nsx's including an 05).

Honda lost me. I like to believe that Soichiro Honda would puke if he saw the banal products they are turning out today.

the new Hondas look like Hyundais- cheap plastic crap. It is almost insulting to the Hyundai to draw that comparison.:rolleyes:

Acura? The MDX? The RL? the TSX? all look like the buck toothed inbred cousins of their more formidable predecessors.

Next on the chopping block the TL will probably get that "guillotine grill", and the last Acura product I actually like will be relegated to my disgust. :mad:

My next new car will probably be a Lexus IS, or a Toyota SUV.

As a formerly dedicated "Hard Core Honda Guy" (we have had 12 in the family) that statement is unbelievable.

Honda "The Power of Nightmares"

P

sorry guys,

the next generation of nsx is available now. it is the audi r8 and soon it will also have a v10 option.

Absolutely. Was at the Denver auto show yesterday and saw the R8 again. It is very nice looking. My money's going to the LF-A or the R8 V-10.

sorry guys,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Socalx..For once I have to agree with u 100% on this...Im thinking of the R8 myself..soooooooooon.. :) im thinking white!

.... The automotive marketplace has changed significantly in the past 22 years, and it will continue to evolve and grow in the future with new vehicles in new segments, and future products such as the replacement for the NSX. Acura will remain on the forefront of the luxury performance market for decades to come.

As Acura celebrates its 22nd anniversary, we’d like to thank you for being part of our success.

The key statement here is luxury performance. Note that luxury comes before performance. So long Acura. Good luck selling your Luxury performance Front engined NSX replacement.

Acura will remain on the forefront of the luxury performance market for decades to come.[/I]

BWAHAHAHA

What a bunch of nonsense propaganda. Acura hasn't ever been close to the forefront of the luxury performance market.

The NSX replacement is a joke. There's absolutely no news regarding the ASCC-thing and absolutely no evidence to suggest anything close to the original NSX will be produced in the next 5 years not to mention Honda has clearly stated it wants to go in a different direction.

No official news means nothing from Acura until 2011 at the soonest.

Seems to me I vividly recall blowhard Fukui in late 2005 promising something very cool by model year 2009 at the latest. Now, no S2000, no NSX, no nothing--all while virtually every other manufacturer is breaking into the high-performance segment.

sorry guys,

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Socalx..For once I have to agree with u 100% on this...Im thinking of the R8 myself..soooooooooon.. :) im thinking white!

The new version R8 TDI Le Mans with a diesel V12 with ~500 hp and 700+ torque looks bad ass!

Here's a link to more info R8 TDI

r8-tdi-le-mans-06.jpg

r8-tdi-le-mans-07.jpg

"The automotive marketplace has changed significantly in the past 22 years, and we have not"

Actually this is great news for NSX owners.
The cult classic is about to become a real classic.
The NSX is a great car. Too bad it looks like this company's last.

Lots of great cars out there, your next will probably not be made by Honda.
(Last new car was a Lexus 330 for the wife)

Many will just keep their NSX's and add something else to the stable.

Too bad.........

As discussed in another thread, The top honda/acura today is not on par with the top Saturn?
Thats just weird........... 260 hp 2 liter SKY Redline.......... geez..........

This takes nothing away from the NSX, just its maker.

Back