• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NEW NSX/HSC wil be on the TOKYO motorschow

Hello guys.

It is almoys sertain that the production type off the new NSX / HSC wil be on the tokyo motorshow this year and wil go in production in 2006.
Confirming the statagy off Honda's New generation cars the engine will be like the DUALNOTE.

FOr the people who don't know that prototype see:

http://world.honda.com/Tokyo2001/auto/DUALNOTE/

SO the V6 IMA engine with 400 hp wil be in the new car.

I look forward to this car.

greatings ronny

Also, and IMA system would be worthless on a racetrack, which is where the NSX is designed to be. While the IMA might be a good idea in an accord, it makes no sense in a sports car.

When you follow the stratagie and the long time thinking of honda this moment this is the only way that the nsx / hsc will be back.

Honda also will be the first to have a sportscar with an combined electric engine.

THe HSC will not be the same car as the NSX, that is not there goal. It hass to be a sportscar for the regular road with very efficient en modern engine.

THink about it, more i can't tell you at this moment.

greatings

So then just according to you. Sorry, I don't think you are right. They might come out with a sporty sedan based on the Dual-Note, but IMA will not work in a sportscar or a replacement for the NSX.

descent through modification- Natural Selection

hmmm... I welcome the next Honda/Acura "supercar" to be a technological tour de'force. If that means to be IMA/dualnote, ie. Hybrid, I'm game for it!
icon14.gif

What I like about my NSX is that it's easy to live w/ as a daily driver or a weekend/track car, it's affordability in upkeep (maint'/service), and it's practicality/user-friendly. I'm not keen on a supercar that will give me 11-12mpg, needs tyres costing atleast $300-400/each, impractical for long commutes or trips, simple oil/filter change to be a dealer service call, possessing an overkill of an engine that will need more frequent tune-ups/sevicing & inevitable (also premature) top-end rebuild, simple wear & tear parts (brake discs/pads, filters, plugs, etc) need to be changed at very short intervals & at a rediculously high cost, and blah blah blah... :frown:

If I want all that, I'd get a 360 F1 Modena, instead of spending +$100,000 for a new HSC that would be just another "juiced" up sportscar (ie. insane horsepower that would only be utilized by a handful of people fully, and even then on the track). If I wanted power-power-POWER, MkIV Supra TT was the logical choice over the NSX. If the NSX had come w/, let's say extra 100-125hp yet had many shortcomings in terms of the things I mentioned above- I'd not be nearly as keen of it as I am now. Just too many compromises to deal w/. :redface:

I am drawn to creativity, style, panache`, uniqueness, innovation, practicality, and technology.
:cool:

FOr the people who don't know that prototype see:

Hey Ronnie,

This is about a 2001 press release ... That's 4 year old news :eek:

But ... I think I like the idea of the first hybrid sportscar made by Honda!

Jip

But the engine is the one that will be taken into the new car.

I know somethimes things sound weard but honda is now bussy to innovate their product for long terms.

The link to the dualnote was only to show people about the car the dualnote.

ANother thing why i am sertain that honda will come with another sportscar is the fact that the production in the NSX factory In tochigi ( where we have been in 2001) was placed to the factory at suzuka circuit in 2002.

The test work of the new ima sportengine will take so much time that tochigi was not the option, the needed to be directly to a circuit.

But time will learn what will come.

p.s on saterday 14 maywe will go to france for the 3.2 targa imola orange car. and mayby after that it will come to holland

DutchNSX said:
But ... I think I like the idea of the first hybrid sportscar made by Honda!

With the way Japan has taken on hybrid cars and the popularity of the Prius over here, I would certainly say that thats the way they will go.

NetViper said:
So then just according to you. Sorry, I don't think you are right. They might come out with a sporty sedan based on the Dual-Note, but IMA will not work in a sportscar or a replacement for the NSX.

When are you finally taking the car out of the transport?
image.php

Armando

In my Motor Trend magazine that arrived today (June issue):

"Here's why Honda won't do another NSX: The beancounters reckon the company has lost a staggering $800 million on the car over its lifespan..."

TC said:
In my Motor Trend magazine that arrived today (June issue):

"Here's why Honda won't do another NSX: The beancounters reckon the company has lost a staggering $800 million on the car over its lifespan..."

What page is that on?

With respect to the loss of $800 million. That is our western view of Honda's effort. I find it kind of humerous. Not long ago GM criticized Toyota for spending so much money on a dumb hybrid that had no future. As it turns out GM could have spent the same money developing their hybrid by reducing their advertising budget by 1%. Now I think they are not laughing as loud as Toyota sells all the Prius vehicles they bring in as well as the Lexus RX400h. Honda has benefited from the NSX in many ways. The car may have brought people into the dealerships where they lusted for the NSX and purchased a legend or other Acura vehicle. We in America seem to be caught up in this short term mentality mind set that is killing us slowly but surely.

Honda will do what it does, and I believe they will introduce a new sports car that all of us will admire and respect. I just wish they would do it sooner than later.

Manny

Well, I'm not sure if the next Honda sports car whether it be the NSX/HSC or something different all together will be the first hybrid sports car anyway. Unless they bring that thing out in a year or two, Toyota probably will beat them to it. Honda was the "Green" hybrid car company, but lately Toyota has taken all the spot light away and is offering not only pure economic hybrids like the Prius, and soon to be Camry, but they are offering preformance based hybrids like the RX400h SUV, will have the GS450H Sports Sedan, will have the IS350H Compact Sports Sedan, and also have the LS460 (I'm not sure what the hybrid version will be called) in hybrid form as well in a few years. Basically, they want to put a hybrid in almost everything that sells well for them. Honda on the other hand said they had no plans for hybrids in their Acura line up, so we really don't know what they are thinking right now. Honda is missing the boat and falling behind not only in the super car exotic market, but also in the hybrid market. Yes, Toyota has the money, but Honda seems to be sitting on their ass these past couple of years doing nothing. Up until the 2004 TL and 2005 RL, what did Honda brind out that was exciting? Nothing. In fact, they dropped the ITR, they dropped the Civic Si. I guess they were too busy working on the truck. Good for them, but not that it is out I hope they get back to making some nice performance oriented cars and build us a damn sports car.

Yes i agree with chris, somethimes i don't understand the filosophy off some Honda moves. In europe also toyota has more hybrid cars on the market than Honda at the moment. The new civic will get a new hybrid version the told a while ago. The accord with hybrid engine will not be imported to europa.

About the sporty immage i would say, the time that the lost there sporty immage is not over yet but the have to do something about it before it is to late.

On the dieselmarket honda is to become a good player in the european market, slowly but iff you see that more than 45% off the european accords sold are diesel versions.

The new CRX is comming the told, but how will that car look?? I have no idea.

The nex generation civic will have a new type r version with about 250 hp.

I hope the managers off honda japan will read this forum every day ( illusion) and we must hope that they take the right dissicion.

Greatings ronny

drmanny3 said:
With respect to the loss of $800 million. That is our western view of Honda's effort. I find it kind of humerous... We in America seem to be caught up in this short term mentality mind set that is killing us slowly but surely.

Honda will do what it does, and I believe they will introduce a new sports car that all of us will admire and respect. I just wish they would do it sooner than later.
Manny

A loss of nearly $1b - regardless of what company you are or in what country you are based - is a huge issue that has to be addressed. The overall Japanese economy has been in a funk for the past 10 years so I wouldn't say that Japan has some inherent philosophical advantage in the way that they approach business.

But let's talk about Honda and the NSX. IMO, the NSX didn't need to be a loss for Honda - Ferrari, Porsche, Chevy Corvette, BMW M5, Mercedes SL are all profitable car lines. And Honda had the sales in 1991 - over 3,000 NSX's sold in the US alone that year. It's not like the car never had decent sales. The simple fact of the matter is that Honda did practically nothing to continue to invest in the car to maintain NSX sales. Honda is all about continuous improvement - but they haven't even upgraded the radio in the NSX since 1991. There is no excuse for that, especially when it should be a simple matter of using something in the corporate parts-bin.

I see no business logic for investing in a product that turns the industry upside down, winning the acclaim of the critics, building a small but rabbid customer base, letting the break-thru product get stale, loosing your customer base, loosing the acclaim of the critics, and loosing $800m in the process. IMO, the NSX has been mismanaged by Honda, as have us owners.

You said yourself, you wish that they would launch a new NSX sooner than later. I wish that they would just stop telling us BS about a new NSX that is constantly just 2 years away - as they have since 1996 - and tell us the truth.

Honda is clearly a well-run company but the NSX is not a well-managed product. Hence Honda's own perpetual crisis on what to do with it.

TC said:
A loss of nearly $1b - regardless of what company you are or in what country you are based - is a huge issue that has to be addressed. The overall Japanese economy has been in a funk for the past 10 years so I wouldn't say that Japan has some inherent philosophical advantage in the way that they approach business.

But let's talk about Honda and the NSX. IMO, the NSX didn't need to be a loss for Honda - Ferrari, Porsche, Chevy Corvette, BMW M5, Mercedes SL are all profitable car lines. And Honda had the sales in 1991 - over 3,000 NSX's sold in the US alone that year. It's not like the car never had decent sales. The simple fact of the matter is that Honda did practically nothing to continue to invest in the car to maintain NSX sales. Honda is all about continuous improvement - but they haven't even upgraded the radio in the NSX since 1991. There is no excuse for that, especially when it should be a simple matter of using something in the corporate parts-bin.

I see no business logic for investing in a product that turns the industry upside down, winning the acclaim of the critics, building a small but rabbid customer base, letting the break-thru product get stale, loosing your customer base, loosing the acclaim of the critics, and loosing $800m in the process. IMO, the NSX has been mismanaged by Honda, as have us owners.

You said yourself, you wish that they would launch a new NSX sooner than later. I wish that they would just stop telling us BS about a new NSX that is constantly just 2 years away - as they have since 1996 - and tell us the truth.

Honda is clearly a well-run company but the NSX is not a well-managed product. Hence Honda's own perpetual crisis on what to do with it.

i agree with you 100%. honda has not changed the desine of the nsx for 15 years and they expect it to have good sales. sports cars are being changed and are getting new tecnology which is why they arnt selling. if they had added more power to the nsx and changed the desingne it would have pretty good sales.

A loss of nearly $1b - regardless Managment of Honda

Iff you are thinking as a salesman i know your guys think OK, but the reasen that honda build the NSX was to show the world what they can perform.
The goal was to build a sportscar that was more than 100% relayable, innovative, smooth looking, it needs to be a simly handling car etc.

The knew that this car would not get there fortunes and big money. There goal was to produce the car for about 8 years and then build another car with more performance, other looks etc. But the economy at that time was not OK for bringing in a new type NSX.

In 2001 i was in Toichigi ( the factory of the NSX at that time) and we visit motegi, suzuka, mugen and Honda headquarters in Tokyo. AT that time we have seen more than we should have seen, some little prototypes from new sportscars (v8 engine. ima engine like mounted in the dual note, a v10 etc) etc.

It is not a big problem for honda to loose money on such sportscars, it is importand that the overall company makes positive money all around the world, and as most people know every special car costs more money than the get for itt out off sales.

When you look about the totall of sales activitys off honda in the Netherlands ( my county) you have to say why are they selling in this little country. In 1980 they sold about 18000 cars in one year. after that the sales got worser and worser:
totalen per jaar
Selling rates each year in the Netherlands
2005 (t/m 4) 1.620
2004 3.790
2003 3.513
2002 3.429
2001 3.387
2000 5.416
1999 7.154
1998 7.881
1997 8.285
1996 8.120
1995 8.474
1994 9.033
1993 7.780
1992 9.660
1991 8.330
1990 9.016
1989 9.520
1988 12.709
1987 11.947
1986 14.834
1985 11.890
1984 12.727
1983 10.815

But now very slowly the sales became better and better but very slowly. ABout the NSX sales in the Netherlands i can tell you this: They sold about 25 cars in 14 years!!!! So is this care soldom in Holland !!!!!!
Imagion that a new nsx at this time costs about € 131500 ( that is about 145.542 Dollar. 45% is tax !!!
A very good used NSX 1991 car costs about € 32.000 so that is why there are more and more acura's comming from over see.

But do you people know where honda get the big profits from?? Think about itt please!!

But now something about that italian and the enlischrubbisch cars. Yes the can build nice looking sportscars but what are they bad!!!
THe quality is that poore that people buy those cars for having them not to use the cars and drive itt for a long long time without problems.

SO now i have to stop because i need to go to my work

have a nice day guys.

ronny

Re: A loss of nearly $1b - regardless Managment of Honda

Honda-ronny said:
Iff you are thinking as a salesman i know your guys think OK, but the reasen that honda build the NSX was to show the world what they can perform.
The goal was to build a sportscar that was more than 100% relayable, innovative, smooth looking, it needs to be a simly handling car etc.

If the goal was to show the world what Honda can do - a one-time engineering exercise to demonstrate its capabilities - then why keep the car on the market for 15 years? They should have produced the car for 2 or 3 years and then retired the car at while it was recognized as the best. Today, its technology is old - from engine to transmission to brakes to sound system - and not any kind of engineering showcase. In fact it has the opposite effect today - it is dated and ancient technology - so what is it proving today? The concept of a high-tech car makes sense - something that represents the best technology a car company has to offer. So then why wasn't the NSX upgraded every year with Honda's newest technology?

Re: A loss of nearly $1b - regardless Managment of Honda

TC said:
If the goal was to show the world what Honda can do - a one-time engineering exercise to demonstrate its capabilities - then why keep the car on the market for 15 years? They should have produced the car for 2 or 3 years and then retired the car at while it was recognized as the best. Today, its technology is old - from engine to transmission to brakes to sound system - and not any kind of engineering showcase. In fact it has the opposite effect today - it is dated and ancient technology - so what is it proving today? The concept of a high-tech car makes sense - something that represents the best technology a car company has to offer. So then why wasn't the NSX upgraded every year with Honda's newest technology?
I agree. I think initially it was for that "dream" thing but it quickly turned into some bad management stuff. God knows how much money they wasted on the 02+ facelift which does absolutely NOTHING to the image, so to speak, of the NSX.
Steve

I agree, they made a choice and i think the make te wrong one. The japanese are to conservative in a lot of ways.
After soichiro honda hass died the filisophy off maken sportscar is gone, and the new directors don't have the spirit and drive that soichiro had. |Soichiro was a man mostly thinking off the edge off what was nice and what was you could not do as a big car producer. That was what makes him the man his was and we remember him today.

I agree fully that there should have been another really new model, with better performance and more technical inovations on board.

I hope the sense will come, should we all send them letters??

Honda-ronny said:
I hope the sense will come, should we all send them letters??

Ok, so first you say how you are certain this car is coming, and now you are asking to send letters to Honda to build a new NSX? :confused:

Ok, so first you say how you are certain this car is coming, and now you are asking

No what i mean is, sorry that i was not clearly enough, but i mean that we need to tell honda that the have to do more about there spory image in general. So not producing only a new "nsx" but also a new prelude, civic type R, integra etc.
The have to produce more sporty cars!!

I hope i am now clear enough. sorry for my unlucky choosing enlisch words.

Back