• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX in Tennessee!

Had a buddy who saw your car parked today at another guy's house, oldnews.

He texted me in a fit of joy.

I've lived here for awhile, this is my first NSX though. If your buddy saw me in Westwood then that was me at a friends house. I spent my money on sea-doos before this, my favorite was 2006 RXP...215 hp and 78 mph stock. I'm glad I sold it before something bad happened on the lake. I'll be out of town the weekend after Easter but will try to make the next one.

I've only owned the car for about a week, really like it so far. It came out of NC off e-bay from a collector, he had several corvettes and motorcycles at his place, I picked it up and drove back in the car. He was selling off the cars and going just with bikes since it would be a cheaper habit. He bought mine 4 years ago in Charlotte and had it sitting in his garage ever since, I found the original paperwork in the console. I changed the oil yesterday and found the old 004 style oil filter from those years, the oil looked brand new but after sitting 4 years I didn't trust the oil or the filter.

Can't make it to Tail of Dragon, but if some people meet up in the Nashville area (Gary Force Acura?) before hand, I maybe able to join.

i live in knoxville.. im always up to meeting up some where.

Tomorrow there will be a new NSX in Tennessee as I'm purchasing SOURCENSX's 1992 from Ohio.

Anyone want to get up for a drive sometime next week? :biggrin:

Congrats. Now you need to get that jet to go with your NSX. You also got the best color too. :cool:

Tomorrow there will be a new NSX in Tennessee as I'm purchasing SOURCENSX's 1992 from Ohio.

Thanks!

I couldn't settle for any other color than black or Brooklands green to be honest. I lucked out and got an ivory interior as well. :biggrin:

I'm probably not going to be able to sleep tonight.

Pictures will be soon to follow!

Congrats Jared, I am sure I will see you sometime on a drive.. Maybe the dragon or something.. Be safe getting home! I am sure your enjoying it!
:biggrin:
Oh and your friend with the cicada was hilarious!!!!

" Oh shit it was on my neck!@!!@!@!@!@!" ahhhhhhhhh:biggrin:

Funny as hell!

YAY for you-how exciting!! Congratulations on your decision to buy the most bad ass car in the world!
Although you're in Knoxville & I'm in Nashville, I can't wait to see it.
Hopefully you'll be able to make it to Import Alliance?

I WILL be going to Import Alliance, but I will not be in my original car.

Details:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106718

I'm currently working on a black 1991 in Cincinnati and having my 1992 ivory interior swapped into it by another Prime member. My hope is that I can nearly replicate the other car and have it ready by Import Alliance. This has been the most unbelievable and unfortunate situation. :frown:

My IS300 buddy will be in attendance as well.

Hope to see you all there.

I feel uncomfortable about asking this... but the worst you all can do it point and laugh at me (and call me names).

I will be in the Knoxville area this next week (arriving Saturday and leaving around next Saturday), and I am curious if anyone would want to meet up with me to let me look at your NSX and possibly take me for a ride. I am willing to make it as convenient for you as possible since you would be doing me a huge favor.

For those that remember, yes I did delete a post like this before. I felt I was coming across the wrong way.

If anyone can, that would be great; if not I understand.

Thanks,
Mick

PS- I am not 12 or a weird internet freak.

Your request is not too crazy imo. I work in Knoxville and would be happy to take you for a ride. Just by me lunch at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (they don't serve lunch actually) and we'll call it square. I'll see if I can wrestle up a few more owners and we can do lunch followed by a short drive. If your schedule permits this during the week of course.

Shoot me a PM when you get into town and I'll forward you my number.

James

I should be back sometime that night (Saturday, 26) with the new one from Cincinnati. *EDIT* I see you will probably be out of town by then.

I'd be looking to meet up somewhere as well....just as long as there's no wet backroads or gravel involved or I'M OUT. :tongue:

Last edited:
As of Saturday, 9 Aug 08, there will be a new NSX in Tennessee. :biggrin:

I'm purchasing a black on ivory 1991 from the Washington DC area.

She's currently in the shop being converted back to OEM ( springs, exhaust, wheels, and removing decals ) and will look completely different than some on this forum have seen it.

The only item not going back to OEM are the headers which are on the car to which I might pair an exhaust here in the future. :cool:

I'll post pics when I get back. :tongue:

Very excited!

Back