• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner from the Netherlands

Hello everybody. Although I’ve signed up, several months ago, I didn't come around the introducing myself.<O:p</O:p
It's pretty much the same story as with most NSX owners; loved the model when it come out in 1991, chased after a lot of other cars but kept coming back to the NSX, wanted one 10 years ago but couldn't afford it and settled with an 2000 MR2. Finally in June of this year, I convinced myself I really wanted one, and started looking what was available in Europe. For me there were two choices, buy an 1991 in Europe and modify it, or import a 2002-2005 from the US, and spend the same amount of money or more. Obviously I preferred to buy one in Europe, as I would actually be able to see what I’m buying, instead of trusting some cartrader to find me a “nice” one in the US. <O:p</O:p
I managed to buy the one in the pictures below. It's a 1991 of Canadian origin, that has been registered in the Netherlands since 2000. It clearly showed repainting of doors and front fenders, but other than that the body and mechanics seemed to be straight and solid.<O:p</O:p
The pictures, show to car the day I picked it up, in front of my parents house (I live in a city centre and don’t have a driveway). Next week, after I got over the rush of actually owning, what I had wanted for so long, I dropped it of at the local Honda dealer (who had never seen a NSX up close before). Since than, they have done all necessary service, such as, Timing belt, waterpump, leaking valve cover seal replacement, spark plugs renewed, a new clutch install, and several other small things.

<O:p</O:p
NSX0011.jpg

NSX0022.jpg

NSX0031.jpg
<O:p></O:p>

NSX0041.jpg

As said above, what I’m not spending on importing a recent NSX from the states, I’m putting towards converting it. In the pictures below, you can see it’s state about one month ago, and have a sneak peek of what is to come. As soon as the conversion is completed, I will start a thread, in the “builds” section.

NSX0061.jpg

NSX0051.jpg
<O:p></O:p>

Welcome and congratulations on becoming an owner. Looks like you have a major project going on.

Welcome to the family. Love the color! That was a surprise... Photo 1, 2, 3, 4, admiring your paved streets then WHAM!!! The car's torn apart! This should be interesting to see what will be driving in the European streets! Looking forward to see this unfold.......

The car is currently at Pivari tuning in Roosendaal (NL). They are amongst just two or three painters/tuners in the Netherlands that can compete at an international level. If you ask these guys for a quick respray, they'll give you the adress of the local leasecar bodyrepair shop. They insisted on taking the entire car apart, to ensure a top notch paint job.

Have a look at this link, the Subaru Impreza in the pictures is their custom work: http://tuningcrew.hyves.nl/?pageid=3BS32JOCCF8K0WOO0

They are based just outside of town, that's why you get the nice rural view through the windows (old farmhouse).

Hi Michel,

First of all, let me be the first Dutch guy to say congratulations !!
I notice you have started a big job on the car right away :biggrin: :biggrin:

Just take your time and do it right and you will have a lot of fun with your car.

It's funny to see that now the NSX has went out of production, the number of NSX's in the Netherlands is (slowly) rising.

Am looking forward to the results. Where are you going to get all the parts if I may ask??

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.
MvM, I'm pretty sure you know this car, it came on sale somwere in April in Alphen a/d Rijn, I tried to have a look at it, but it was sold before I returned to NL from work. The Next week it came on sale again in Roelofarendsveen. Probably because of it's high milage and pretty poor respray work, the price was just what I was looking for, to do a full conversion project. The whole project started from there.

I'm not going to lift the curtain on the project just yet, but let me say I've been a pretty good customer of Downforce & Scienceofspeed in the last few months.

Hi Michel,

Yes, I have seen your car and checked it out (am looking for another NSX currently since I crashed mine :mad:). It was the funny Canadian NSX with a single button in the console :rolleyes: I think I still have my (private) checkup report that I always fill in when checking out a NSX.
There were actually two NSX's in Alphen at that time. The other one was at our NSX meeting in August. So, perhaps, next year you will be there as well.

Interesting..... same car, same name, and around the corner for me...

Good luck with the car!

Back