• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner in Dayton metro. Anyone active in the area?

If you either of you are needing work done on your cars, Source One in Maineville specializes in NSXs and S2000s. Talk to the owner Brian, he used to be president of NSXCA and if you stop by the shop there will probably be several NSXs and S2000 there getting work done.
If you like spirited driving there are a ton of S2000s in the Cincy area and they do a bunch of drives during the summer, spring and fall trips to the trail of the dragon, VA, WV, and the closest to you is Marietta. Between Marietta and Zanesville there are a couple of fun roads, 555 and 26. Check out s2ki.com for more info.

If you either of you are needing work done on your cars, Source One in Maineville specializes in NSXs and S2000s. Talk to the owner Brian, he used to be president of NSXCA and if you stop by the shop there will probably be several NSXs and S2000 there getting work done.
If you like spirited driving there are a ton of S2000s in the Cincy area and they do a bunch of drives during the summer, spring and fall trips to the trail of the dragon, VA, WV, and the closest to you is Marietta. Between Marietta and Zanesville there are a couple of fun roads, 555 and 26. Check out s2ki.com for more info.

I had no idea Source 1 was such an expert in these cars, but have heard it from multiple sources, and also have messaged back and forth already with Brian about the car. I am a wrench-turner and have the full NSX shop manuals, so my hope is that I can do a lot of the work myself. But...great to know I have a great shop that's not even 15 minutes from my house. :)

Thanks for the tip on the other groups. There are some fun ones on facebook locally. One is called "Went fast, didn't die" that do spirited driving cruises around the area. I have not joined them yet but plan to in the future. I attended a few events in my restomod before I sold it and got the NSX.

Great info! I also do a lot of work myself, however good to know some NSX gurus if I get stuck or find an issue I don’t feel comfortable tackling.

I will be attending the last Dayton Cars and Coffee of the season (Oct 14th @ Austin Landing) maybe I will see you all there.

Attachments

• IMG_6468.jpeg
    IMG_6468.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 1
NSXPO is next week and I'm pretty sure it's all sold out but I'll be driving down to the tail of the dragon for a day on my way to Atlanta if you want to join in. Drive down tuesday, all day wednesday fun (spirited driving in western NC/northern GA. You guys are welcome to join in. Fontana Village is only about 4ish hours from Cincy.

Late to the boards but I’m new to Ohio. Just moved to Columbus but Dayton is a quick trip down the road. Next year/season I’d definitely like to meet up with everyone!
Doug

What does one do at these meet ups?

Stand around.
Look at cars.
Talk about cars.
Drink coffee or another beverage of choice.
Ogle attractive females (or whatever you prefer) if any are present.
Repeat.

Back