• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW NSX PRODUCT!!

I was picking up my NSX from Mark's Pheonix shop today and notice a really nice couple of diamond plate aluminum parts w/ the letters NSX cut out of them .One is an engine cover "I just finished putting it in and it looks really nice" the other is a front under hood cover .I didn't get one because I have a SOS Carbon hood on the way .Supposidly there are a lot of other parts that the builder makes and anyone can purchase thru Mark Basch.

------------------

Are you speaking about this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1805982078&r=0&t=0

...also mentioned in this thread: http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003456.html
wink.gif

...looks like it was cut from the loading end protection shield of an old Chevy truck...

smile.gif

I saw it there at Mark shop last week. Not too impressed. They guy who makes them also makes sill plates and steel floormats if you can believe that! Not my style although others may disagree...

Thats one of the pieces.Or similar.
The diamond plate engine cover is definatly lighter than the fiberglass thing I pulled off.Iv'e always liked the industrial look of that material.I could understand how others might not like it.After being at a lot of car shows my tastes have changed a little too what I once thought was tacky sometime I get desensitized to and start to like.
Anyway...

------------------

Not to my taste, but looks like a great way to customize your car -- definitly a conversation piece. What does the one on the hood do? Looks kindof cool, but I can't figure out why it's there....

Remember guys, people own NSX's for THEMSELVES, not for other people. If a man wants to add 50 lbs of custom accessories, that's great. If a man wants to shave off a few hundered pounds for the track, that's great. It's all up to the individual and what statement he / she is trying to make.
I persoanly wouldn't want added weight, but if he likes the plate, more power to him!
Barn Man...

Yea I'm going to create the"executive model"NSX with blast plates undernieth,bulletproof doublepane glass,anti-armor peircing side panels,anti dangerous gas neutralization/oxygen support system, and a CIA agent as a driver or passenger to protect me.PS it will be a deisel motor "stinky slow and loud@ idle"

------------------

Originally posted by MYNSX:
Yea I'm going to create the"executive model"NSX with blast plates undernieth,bulletproof doublepane glass,anti-armor peircing side panels,anti dangerous gas neutralization/oxygen support system, and a CIA agent as a driver or passenger to protect me.PS it will be a deisel motor "stinky slow and loud@ idle"

To paraphrase Barn Man:

If a man wants to add 5,000 lbs of custom accessories, that's great.

biggrin.gif

I'm not crazy about the 4x4 look on an NSX but heh, it is your car. I think I know someone who makes trailer hitches for the
NSX.

------------------
Joseph Gavazza
99 White/blk NSX
92 Lexus LS400
01 VW GTI VR6

So the aluminum engine cover is lighter than the stock cover? If that's the case, then combined with the cut-out lettering to allow more engine sound to resonate to the cabin, while keeping moisture transfer to the glass at a minimum, the choice seems reasonable. (Especially after I viewed the prices for a carbon fibre engine cover that covers, well, almost nothing - in order to accomodate the Comptech SC.) I cannot say the same for the front under-hood attachment, however.

Do you experience any glare off of the cover when the sun is coming from the rear, though?

i think a hood and spoiler made out of the stuff would look good with the engine cover---that would scare the bejesus out of those little import pedal cars. and the mustang owners would all want one...

Yes as is the cover does reflect its pattern into the rear view mirror.Reguardless I am going to cut out the "NSX" in a smaller square 1st and save that part and maybe hang it in the garage.Then after I'll make a larger cut leaving about 5 inches of diamond plate and 1/4 inch clear lexan will replace the removed section in the center.Similar to the effect of the F-50 or Modena spider where the motor is visible especially when the car is lower it will be very dramatic and one of the 1st things you'll notice.I'm not sure about diamond plate anywhere else other than little accents ,"little accents". For a "show only" I might like the diamond plate floor mats.My acrylic guy came to the show last night and took measurements for the engine cover and display that will be placed at the front tire "drivers side" you've seen the type kinda like when your at the museum and you can read what you are looking at.I'm going to make it collapsable so it can store in the trunk or behind seats.
With-out any changes general consensus was overwhelmingly they do like the "new" hatch cover.

------------------

i think a hood and spoiler made out of the stuff would look good with the engine cover---that would scare the bejesus out of those little import pedal cars. and the mustang owners would all want one...

Yes possibly, but it does give the illusion of "heavy" and thats not quite what Im looking for.The double scooped hood I have coming from Japan compliments of S.O.S looks "amazing" and will stop the show.Along with the carbon wing and an already black top will balance out nicely.I am sure I will not get second place next show."I'll Be Back"!!

------------------

Back