• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Spy Photos

Re: Spy Shots: First images of 2011 Acura NSX

Looks like a 350Z front and mid-section with a BMW-like rear/trunk/hatch.

Surely it is front engine.

Not exotic. Not an NSX.

+1

this is going down with all those front engined Ferrari's no one really wants a couple years later.

Nothing new about reinventing the GTR.

Honda please get off old slow grandaddy NSX's coat tails..... They really need to stop calling this thing the New NSX.

Besides killing a GTR is as complicated as putting 500hp in a properly tuned NSX, ZR1 did it without electronics and I have no doubt in my mind the NSX is already better chassis to start than the ZR1. Put 500hp in Tsuchiya's NSX to completely leave the GTR in different time zone on any track. Or grab The Factor X NSX to just plain out humiliate the GTR.

Theres already a best motoring video of the GTR vs NSXR vs Gallardo vs gt3 the nsx only fell back by half a second per lab because of straight line acceleration.

Re: Spy Shots: First images of 2011 Acura NSX

Not exotic. Not an NSX. is exactly right. If it's not a super car but a sedan, don't call it an NSX. Nissan doesn't call their big car a 350Z, they all it a skyline GTR...and really, that's all this is is another GTR, uninteresting, ugly, big, power monster, unelegant, unintelligent and big.

This is what happens when engineers and CS majors design cars. There are some with taste who can great cars for lambo and ferrari, but even they have had a round or two of ugly designing. Unfortunately, just because the numbers add up on paper doesn't mean the car will have any soul or passion.

Have to say, true in the looks department.

Although we haven't seen the final car, and I'll reserve judgement until then, the new car is VERY unlikely to attract the kind of attention the NSX does.

I mean, let's face it, our car is the total MILF of the road today. In car-jaded Orange County, where it's unusual for me to go a day without spotting 2 NSX's at least, my car still gets the stares. Little boys (like 7 years old) grab their Dad's shirt tail and point, asking "what's THAT car, Dad?" It just LOOKS fast even toodling in the parking lot at Barnes & Noble. That's an exotic if I've ever heard of the definition - when a little kid who plays with Matchbox race cars thinks the NSX is the shiznit.

The ultimate props came from an octagenarian out walking in Corona Del Mar with her cane, crossing Coast Highway, with Z06's, Porsches, Audi RS4s, and Bentley Conti GTs at the light, when she STOPS in the middle of the crosswalk, just standing there with 20 cars on either side of traffic and just points with her free hand at the NSX 3 times and gives the car a thumbs way up with her free hand! That was the nicest complement the car has ever gotten in all these years. Let's face it, it's gonna be awful hard for the new car to touch the je ne sais quoi of the NSX.

John

Back