• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX stablemate...240Z

i had a blue 72 back in the late 80's. i traded it for a 500.00 boat. wish i still had it. it needed a paint job, but it ran great. nice car ya got there

That car is in fantastic shape. I had a '74 260 and drove the wheels off it. Had triple side drafts and the car would run with big block Corvettes back then. By the time I sold it, she had over 365,000 miles on the gauge and still ran like a beast. The only real problem was very iffy sheet metal. Had to replace fenders, hood(s) and back hatch. Florida humidity was not it's friend.

Same with ours! Fenders, rockers both three times each with full resprays.

Latent Imola Orange guy

Imola Orange Pearl fan at all? :wink:

Was real nice seeing your Z today. Man, how sweet.

The VIN is actually 43319 and build date of 9/71.

Ah cool, it should be a Series III '72 model year car like my green car then if it still has any of the emissions stickers anywhere, but could still be a Series II. Lots of shenanigans going on with VINs among years and series. It gets confusing.

Last edited:
Ah cool, it should be a Series III '72 model year car like my green car then if it still has any of the emissions stickers anywhere, but could still be a Series II. Lots of shenanigans going on with VINs among years and series. It gets confusing.

It's a very late series 2. There are a lot of funny little changes they did though back then depending on the month built.

Got the new shoes on the car last night....now it really needs to be lowered. I also picked up a 5 speed trans for it the other night too!

securedownload (1) by blodi, on Flickr

securedownload by blodi, on Flickr

Dropped the suspension and added the headlight covers. Kind of surreal putting the covers on. I've wanted one of these cars for probably 20 years and always wanted to put light covers on it when I got one. So that was kind of a cool moment. I've got almost everything to convert it to a 5 speed, a few little things still waiting for. I found out that the flywheel that came with the trans I bought is a lightweight racing one. Bad news is it really won't work for street driving...good news is it's a $700 part new...so unloading it almost covers the entire cost of the trans swap. haha. Not bad considering I paid $180 for the trans/flywheel/clutch :) I wish NSX parts were this cheap!

IMG_0241 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0239 by blodi, on Flickr
IMG_0237 by blodi, on Flickr

I was just reminiscing the other night about how I was able to find vintage parts at beer budget price for my first gen rx7. Here in NSX world, those days are long gone!

Very nice!

Do you have centercaps for the new wheels?
Also, those external wheel weights need a shot of black paint / plasti-dip ;-P

Brian

Back