• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

new NSX?

I heard the new nsx's going to be V8 charged and 400hp. Does anyone know how much it's going to cost or any info about it? I'm prepared it's going to cost an arm and leg
smile.gif

I'd be truly shocked if Honda built a turbo or supercharged NSX. Have they ever built a production forced induction engine?

Anyway, if they force feed the new NSX I'll be looking elsewhere for a new car. Not a big fan of forced feeding.

Pete

My understanding is that Japanese automakers subscribe to a law that forbids horsepower to exceed 300 in naturally aspirated engines. Too bad.

Well, Since we are all speculating here...

I just bought a Y2K NSX (#51) because I heard that it is entirely likely they will not make any more NSXs period. The latest rumor from an Acura factory rep was that if they may a 2001 NSX, it will likely be a 10 year anniversary special edition and maybe a few more for good measure, but production has all but stopped for this car already. I have one of only 10 Yellow/Black Y2K versions in the US. That is just too damn rare for anybody's taste.

I think if Honda decides to make another "supercar" it will likely step outside what it will see as the "limitations" of the current business model for the NSX. The car is a true exotic, but they have not managed to make it pay off for them like it did in the early days. What a shame.

Still, all in all, not bad for a car whos design is almost 10 years old. The only other car I know to achieve that was the M1 Miata.

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51
[email protected]

The latest rumor from an Acura factory rep was that if they may a 2001 NSX, it will likely be a 10 year anniversary special edition
Cool - I am now going to officially refer to my NSX as a 10 year special anniversary edition and point to this thread as validation!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

12 year old unicorns..........

Nice!

The rumor that I heard about the new car is that its going to be a steel body and cost around 60k. Don't know about the engine.

Wrong on both accounts.

I heard the new nsx's going to be V8 charged and 400hp. Does anyone know how much it's going to cost or any info about it? I'm prepared it's going to cost an arm and leg
smile.gif

Also wrong.

I read the first post and was like how out of touch or behind the times is this guy...then I looked at the date. DOH!

well I didn't think McLaren would build a V8 TwinTurbo car.

I would've thought that they would put high revving NA V10 or V12.
or NA V8 like Ferrari.

Back